What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lee Evans is Rod Tidwell (1 Viewer)

Bermuda_Chub

Footballguy
Like Tidwell, Evans is a talented, under-sized, experienced, explosive, offensive captain playing in a contract year. Both have labored in relative obscurity for a perennial loser, but are now fighting to make the playoffs for the first time on a hot young team. The only difference between the two is that Tidwell wore #85, while Evans wears Andre Reed's #83. This is the scene where Lee's agent confronts him in the parking lot and tells him to play from the heart.

I have reviewed the highlight footage from the film, noting that Evans is a better route-runner than Tidwell, and extrapolated the representative yardage and Td's over the remaining 13 games. I assume, like Tidwell, that Evans will gut it out and play the full 16.

My calculations are 820 yards and 8 TDs for the remainder of the season. Good for 10.0 FP/game under my scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? Projections based on a comparison with a fictional character in Hollywood movie?

Seriously?

"No heart...no heart...I'm all heart Mother F'er".

Has Evans found the Quan yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Tidwell, Evans is a talented, under-sized, experienced, explosive, offensive captain playing in a contract year. Both have labored in relative obscurity for a perennial loser, but are now fighting to make the playoffs for the first time on a hot young team. The only difference between the two is that Tidwell wore #85, while Evans wears Andre Reed's #83. This is the scene where Lee's agent confronts him in the parking lot and tells him to play from the heart.I have reviewed the highlight footage from the film, noting that Evans is a better route-runner than Tidwell, and extrapolated the representative yardage and Td's over the remaining 13 games. I assume, like Tidwell, that Evans will gut it out and play the full 16.My calculations are 820 yards and 8 TDs for the remainder of the season. Good for 10.0 FP/game under my scoring.
:unsure: Slightly conservative on the Evans projections, but I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down here. Nicely crafted. :thumbup:

All kidding aside, as an Evans dynasty owner, I really hope that he doesn't re-sign with the Bills.

He seems to be a great talent, but his fantasy upside is likely going to be limited in this offense.

All kidding aside, as an Evans dynasty owner, I really hope that he doesn't re-sign with the Bills.He seems to be a great talent, but his fantasy upside is likely going to be limited in this offense.
Seems being the operative word here. :popcorn:

Like Tidwell, Evans is a talented, under-sized, experienced, explosive, offensive captain playing in a contract year. Both have labored in relative obscurity for a perennial loser, but are now fighting to make the playoffs for the first time on a hot young team. The only difference between the two is that Tidwell wore #85, while Evans wears Andre Reed's #83. This is the scene where Lee's agent confronts him in the parking lot and tells him to play from the heart.I have reviewed the highlight footage from the film, noting that Evans is a better route-runner than Tidwell, and extrapolated the representative yardage and Td's over the remaining 13 games. I assume, like Tidwell, that Evans will gut it out and play the full 16.My calculations are 820 yards and 8 TDs for the remainder of the season. Good for 10.0 FP/game under my scoring.
:bow: Classic

Seriously? Projections based on a comparison with a fictional character in Hollywood movie?Seriously?
But you have to admire his thinking outside the box angle.Can this be a weekly special here at FBG? Example: this week Ronnie Brown played Scarface to the patriots. "Say hello to my little friend!!".While TO played Kevin Coster in water world this week.

Totally agree; put Evans in Dallas or NO or PHI or Denver and he would be a much more consistent stud. Edwards has improved this year but Evans is a great on the deep ball and that is not Edward's strength as a QB. I would like to see Romo throwing him the ball.

zamboni said:
All kidding aside, as an Evans dynasty owner, I really hope that he doesn't re-sign with the Bills.He seems to be a great talent, but his fantasy upside is likely going to be limited in this offense.

You know what - #### REEBOK. All they do is ignore me. ALWAYS HAVE.

That is the funniest post I have read in a while - well the FUNNIEST ON PURPOSE at least.

If I had Lee Evans in any of my leagues this season, I would tell him: "I am out here for you. You don't know what it's like to be ME out here for YOU. It is an up-at-dawn, pride-swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about, ok?"

zamboni said:
How dare you wish this upon the Bills. I hope he signs a 15 year contract now. As a dynasty owner? ... Real football >>>> Fantasy football.

zamboni said:
How dare you wish this upon the Bills. I hope he signs a 15 year contract now. As a dynasty owner? ... Real football >>>> Fantasy football.
:goodposting:

About two weeks ago, I traded for Lee Evans.

Yesterday, I called him into my Fantasy office.

I told him, "Three touchdowns? Anyone else would have left you by now, but I'm sticking with you. And if I have to ride your ### like Zorro, you're gonna show me the money."

I think it was just the inspiration he needed.

Of course i had Lee Evans and trailing by only 3 points with him having no players, and i get this zero so far through 3Q

My luck

I was so hoping I would be wrong on this. :football:

Another pissed Evans owner. Needed one catch for one yard. Best part was that I left Housh on the bench after seeing the ranking sheets here.

:unsure:

Hard to know what to say about Evans at this point.

He has KC and SF in the next two weeks, but what are you supposed to do? Did he have a single target tonight? Maybe I missed it. If I'm Ralph Wilson, I have to be wondering about the big extension I just gave Lee.

At this point Lee's not tradeable (if your league's trading deadline hasn't already passed), and you probably have to start him.

Maybe you could dump him for Justin Gage.

Jeez.

Hard to know what to say about Evans at this point.He has KC and SF in the next two weeks, but what are you supposed to do? Did he have a single target tonight? Maybe I missed it. If I'm Ralph Wilson, I have to be wondering about the big extension I just gave Lee.At this point Lee's not tradeable (if your league's trading deadline hasn't already passed), and you probably have to start him.Maybe you could dump him for Justin Gage.Jeez.
It has more to do with Edwards than it does Evans, IMO. How many looks did Evans actually get tonight? 2-3? Edwards was too quick to go to the screen to the RB's it seemed.

After T Edwards threw those interceptions did they just decide it was to risky and not to throw to Evans (assuming he's double teamed) the whole game?

OT - I am not a Lynch owner in any league but I can't believe they didn't give him that TD that Edwards sneeked after all the work he put in this game.

Hard to know what to say about Evans at this point.He has KC and SF in the next two weeks, but what are you supposed to do? Did he have a single target tonight? Maybe I missed it. If I'm Ralph Wilson, I have to be wondering about the big extension I just gave Lee.At this point Lee's not tradeable (if your league's trading deadline hasn't already passed), and you probably have to start him.Maybe you could dump him for Justin Gage.Jeez.
It has more to do with Edwards than it does Evans, IMO. How many looks did Evans actually get tonight? 2-3? Edwards was too quick to go to the screen to the RB's it seemed.
Lynch could absolutely blow up over the next two weeks. And Fred Jackson looks like a great Flex/RB3, even in non-PPR leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread