What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lendale White to enter draft (1 Viewer)

Jason, any chance of Lendale White slipping to the Eagles at 14? Or them trading up to get him? Do you think they'd have any interest??Watching him in the Rose Bowl I decided that's the kind of player we need. A north-south, inside the tackles, 25+ carry per game runner with a nose for the end zone. What a dynamic duo he and Westbrook would make, don't you think? He could change our whole offense

Jason, any chance of Lendale White slipping to the Eagles at 14? Or them trading up to get him? Do you think they'd have any interest??

Watching him in the Rose Bowl I decided that's the kind of player we need. A north-south, inside the tackles, 25+ carry per game runner with a nose for the end zone. What a dynamic duo he and Westbrook would make, don't you think? He could change our whole offense
If he gets 25 carries, how many does that leave for Westbrook?

Jason, any chance of Lendale White slipping to the Eagles at 14? Or them trading up to get him? Do you think they'd have any interest??

Watching him in the Rose Bowl I decided that's the kind of player we need. A north-south, inside the tackles, 25+ carry per game runner with a nose for the end zone. What a dynamic duo he and Westbrook would make, don't you think? He could change our whole offense
Of course there's a chance. Despite last year, when three RBs went in the top 5, it's rare for 3 backs to go in the top half of round one. Presuming DeAngelo Williams goes higher than White [which I expect], White very well could be there at 14.

Watching him in the Rose Bowl I decided that's the kind of player we need.  A north-south, inside the tackles, 25+ carry per game runner with a nose for the end zone.  What a dynamic duo he and Westbrook would make, don't you think?  He could change our whole offense
don't nit-pick. i think any eagles fan knows what i mean. we need a more durable guy who is at least capable of carrying that frequently, regardless of how many he would actually get. and besides, westbrook is at his best when he is carrying the ball 10-15 and receiving 5-10 passes so there would be plenty of ball to go around.

Watching him in the Rose Bowl I decided that's the kind of player we need.  A north-south, inside the tackles, 25+ carry per game runner with a nose for the end zone.  What a dynamic duo he and Westbrook would make, don't you think?  He could change our whole offense
don't nit-pick. i think any eagles fan knows what i mean. we need a more durable guy who is at least capable of carrying that frequently, regardless of how many he would actually get. and besides, westbrook is at his best when he is carrying the ball 10-15 and receiving 5-10 passes so there would be plenty of ball to go around.
Even with bad WRs, Philly likes to throw it. Maybe they change their off scheme?

Of course there's a chance. Despite last year, when three RBs went in the top 5, it's rare for 3 backs to go in the top half of round one. Presuming DeAngelo Williams goes higher than White [which I expect], White very well could be there at 14.
If he gets past Denny Green, I think it is very possible. The Rams, Browns and Ravens would have to pass.

Thanks, now he needs to talk some sense (cents) into Reggie Bush.
Explain?
Referring to the thread that says Bush might not enter the draft.NBC Sports.com reports Southern California RB Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the 2006 NFL Draft. Bush met with USC head coach Pete Carroll and agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus Monday, Jan. 9, the Times said. "I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

Of course we pretty much think he will.

Even with bad WRs, Philly likes to throw it. Maybe they change their off scheme?
That would be a dream come true. Their scheme sucks. Having an offense built around the running of Lendale, the inside/outside versatile threat of Westbrook and the playmaking of McNabb could succeed even without pro-bowl receivers. LJ Smith and Reggie Brown with the addition of a decent veteran WR just might be enough. But who am I fooling? The eagles will obviously pass on White even if by some miracle he is there, and instead will take a defensive end who become a total bust and the eagles will continue calling 75+ % passing plays every year until Reid finally gets fired.

sorry to hijack the thread. i think lendale could turn out to be the better pro than bush. you know reggie only had 20+ carries twice in his college career?

Judging by Andy Reid's past drafts and what his offensive philosophy has been so far, I doubt the Eagles would take White even if he was available when the Eagles pick. He has been quoted as saying he'd pass it on every down if he could. Maybe Reid will have a change in heart after what happened this year, but this far into his career, does he change now?

you know reggie only had 20+ carries twice in his college career?
That doesn't mean a thing, and it certainly doesn't mean he can't. Why should they with Lendale White also on that team?

Explain?
Referring to the thread that says Bush might not enter the draft.NBC Sports.com reports Southern California RB Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the 2006 NFL Draft. Bush met with USC head coach Pete Carroll and agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus Monday, Jan. 9, the Times said. "I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

I didn't see the thread, but I did read the article early today. Phooey. He's declaring on Friday. He's just a little scared of it all right now.

you know reggie only had 20+ carries twice in his college career?
That doesn't mean a thing, and it certainly doesn't mean he can't. Why should they with Lendale White also on that team?
i love reggie bush. i think he's superman. i might be that guy that takes a chance on him in the late first/early second round of redraft leagues next year depending on how favorable his situation seems. just trying to play devil's advocate and look for reason why reggie bush will not be amazing in the pros'. in the rose bowl lendale was the more impressive of the two. i guess that's just because they called his number more and he got in a better rhythm. that stiffarm he gave was nasty

no reason to - they run White 18+ times a game, that still leaves 10 carries and 10 targets for Westbrook - and White wil be in the same sitch as in USC - an explosive back doing a lot of the flash work while he puts in the grunt work and gets the G/L TDs.

Explain?

I didn't think they were allowed to be in contact with agents until after they declared.Edit: I actually think White would be smart to come out now. He spent this year in relative obscurity with the focus on Bush. And he looked to have a monster game against UT. But if anyone cared to really watch, he benefitted from MASSIVE holes opened by the O-line. If he stays, teams will game plan for him and it will show that he's not truly the elite back that he's being made out to be at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Explain?

I didn't think they were allowed to be in contact with agents until after they declared.Edit: I actually think White would be smart to come out now. He spent this year in relative obscurity with the focus on Bush. And he looked to have a monster game against UT. But if anyone cared to really watch, he benefitted from MASSIVE holes opened by the O-line. If he stays, teams will game plan for him and it will show that he's not truly the elite back that he's being made out to be at the moment.
No offense, but most collegiate backs have their share of a) massive holes and b) big runs to the edge. Neither of which are prevalent in the NFL. White IS an elite back and has shown in the last three seasons an ability to get yards after the contact and convert short-yardage and goal line situation. He may not project as a "great" NFL player but he's also as close to a lock as it gets in terms of being "good."

Explain?

No offense, but most collegiate backs have their share of a) massive holes and b) big runs to the edge. Neither of which are prevalent in the NFL. White IS an elite back and has shown in the last three seasons an ability to get yards after the contact and convert short-yardage and goal line situation. He may not project as a "great" NFL player but he's also as close to a lock as it gets in terms of being "good."
I thought White's most impressive attribute was his ability to 'get small' for a big man when the holes didn't develop. Not his long runs, but when he got 5 or 6 yards when it looked as though he'd be stopped for nothing. Presumably why Carrol gave him the 4th and 2 call.As for the low amount of carries for Bush, 1) you have White. 2) TOUCHES were very high. Carries, catches AND kick/punt returns.

Users who are viewing this thread