What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeSean McCoy says replacement ref talking to him aboot his fantasy tea (1 Viewer)

Buffaloes

Footballguy
“They’re like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said. “I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,’ ahhh, what?!”
linkavic

It seems like he backed off his comments later in the day.

"It was more like joking," McCoy told me on the phone Tuesday afternoon during an interview promoting BODYARMOR SuperDrink. "People blew it up into more than it was. It was definitely that.

"But I'll tell you what," he said with a laugh, "I wouldn't mind if [the officials] gave us some calls in some of those games for their fantasy teams."

In truth, McCoy is a bit less heavy on the subject of replacement officials than some have been. "There are times when players get frustrated, but to be honest, I think [the calls] have gone both ways. There have been bad calls for the opponents and bad calls for the Eagles, so it goes both ways, and it really matters who's playing ball."
My linkEither way that's a totally unprofessional comment to make as a referee, but what else would you expect from guys who aren't really professional refs? :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread