What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Talk Penn State Football (2 Viewers)

Thread was collecting dust, so giving it a bump.

Team has taken care of business and met (high) expectations the first two weeks. Offense (and Allar) looks strong. Run defense still a bit of a question mark, which needs to be addressed as we get into the B1G portion of the schedule. No head-scratching coaching/time management decisions yet by Franklin.

So far, so good.

Gotta feel good about going on the road for an early B1G kickoff and sleepwalking on offense for almost 3 quarters, but still winning comfortably while generating 5 turnovers.

On to Iowa and the White Out.

That was about as dominating a defensive performance as I’ve seen.

Iowa had 4 first downs, less than 80 yards of total offense, and their time of possession was less than 15 minutes.
Also, Iowa’s offense is bad. Woody Hayes thinks their offense is too conservative.

Yep. Another season wasted by pathetic scared coaching. One drive the TEs gave you chunk plays. Never went back to those plays again.

Defense for the most part played great but had no answer for Marvin Harrison Jr. They could have gone to him about a dozen times more and this would have been 34-6.

Penn State will never win a championship with James Franklin as the head coach. He may be a good to great recruiter, but he's a terrible tactician.

Penn State will never win a championship with James Franklin as the head coach. He may be a good to great recruiter, but he's a terrible tactician.
I have been saying that in this thread for years but most PSU fans are just happy to be good and be in the top 10. The play calling was pitiful. The running game was moving the ball well so they threw the ball more. And the passing game abandoned the TEs way too early. Pitiful.

I have been saying that in this thread for years but most PSU fans are just happy to be good and be in the top 10. The play calling was pitiful. The running game was moving the ball well so they threw the ball more. And the passing game abandoned the TEs way too early. Pitiful.
I'm sure you can go back 3-4 years and I've said the same thing.

Maybe schedule a tough opponent or two to start the season before playing the big boys? I mean, hard to prepare for Ohio State when you play UMass and Delaware.

Good f'n luck with Oregon and Washington....

Well, that was a disappointing outcome and another long drive home from Columbus.

Allar had a bad day, but Yurcich absolutely wet the bed.

42 passes vs. 18 runs in a one-score game most of the way. As someone mentioned above, gross negligence not featuring the TEs more since they were the only ones getting any kind of separation, tOSU knew we werent willing or able to stretch the field.

1 for 16 on third downs. Pass in obvious running situations, run in obvious passing situations.

No seeming halftime adjustments on offense. Just more of what clearly wasn’t working.

Defense balled out but had no answer for Harrison.

Shame on me for believing Lucy when she said she wouldn’t pull the ball away again this time.

Last edited:
Well, that was a disappointing outcome and another long drive home from Columbus.

Allar had a bad day, but Yurcich absolutely wet the bed.

42 passes vs. 18 runs in a one-score game most of the way. As someone mentioned above, gross negligence not featuring the TEs more since they were the only ones getting any kind of separation, tOSU knew we werent willing or able to stretch the field.

1 for 16 on third downs. Pass in obvious running situations, run in obvious passing situations.

No seeming halftime adjustments on offense. Just more of what clearly wasn’t working.

Shame on me for believing Lucy when she said she would t pull the ball away again this time.
That is the perfect analogy for this football team. Lucy and the football.

Turns out the great O line we're supposed to have this year isn't so great
Don't sell yourself short, tOSU has a pretty solid D
Maybe schedule a tough opponent or two to start the season before playing the big boys? I mean, hard to prepare for Ohio State when you play UMass and Delaware.

Good f'n luck with Oregon and Washington....
:lmao::goodposting:
Nobody does, he's the best WR in college football. Even doubled up with a QB that is laser focused on him he caught 11 for 162 yards.

Time for the perennial collapse to a terrible team after losing to OSU/Michigan. Tied with Indiana in the 4th.

Franklin needs to go.
He's a greater shopper but a terrible chef.
Those 2 point conversion calls ... :wall:
The “go for it on 4th down in your own territory way too early but make sure the players aren’t even sure what the play call is forcing yourself to call a timeout that you will probably end up needing later in the game only to turn around and punt like you should have in the first place” was another Franklin masterpiece today.

it’s almost like the thinking is “what would they least expect in this situation?”. There’s a reason they don’t expect illogical,ill-conceived, amateurish decisions, Einstein!

2025 schedule finalized https://basicbluesnation.com/penn-s...AL5xgHiFSAeYIMP3-HjAvr5FOhC8of3FAJ_M7qAmTIPjk

Home games: Indiana, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oregon, FIU, Nevada, Villanova

Road games: Iowa, Michigan State, Ohio State, Rutgers, UCLA
Looks like my son will be attending Penn State in the Fall and my wife went to Villanova so at least we'll be going to that mismatch.
It will be nice to see PSU beat up on Villanova for a change after Villanova's been beating up on Lehigh every year for a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread