What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Le'Veon Bell or Lamar Miller? (1 Viewer)

Whom do you like better in dynasty?

• Total voters

greggorymac

Footballguy
bullet_toggle_plus.png

Both should be bell-cows for their team, but are both unproven. There's also the question of whether or not they are the team's longterm answer at RB, or will their team use a high draft pick on a RB the following year.

Last edited by a moderator:
(12-team, 6-keeper league, 26 RB's protected:)

Both of these RB's are sitting atop my available RB list and very high on my overall board. Montee Ball is next on the RB list and a little further down the overall. I've got Bell at RB20, Miller at RB21 and Ball at RB25.

If either of these RB's (Bell, Miller) fall to me at my pick, I'd take Miller. No particular reason that I can specifically point to. It's just a gut call.

I've learned (many times) over the years to go with my gut if I can't find a significant (or meaningful) reason to select one player over another. When I've gone against my gut, on usually the flimsiest of reasons, I've found more often than not that my gut call would have been the correct one. I could give examples, but that's for another thread.

Until I see some preseason action out of these backs, which might help me lean more towards one RB or the other, I'm sticking with my gut. Miller.

Close, but I'll take Miller in both. But I traded both for TRich, so I'm off that train.

Redraft Miller, Dynasty Bell he is only 20 years old and has yet to have any injuries, Miller has had a couple but now I am nitpicking.

Believe in Le'Veon Bell for both. Bell's younger and is coming into a more stable offensive situation with a pro-bowl caliber quarterback. I'm hopeful that a healthy Decastro + moving Mike Adams to the right side gives them a mediocre offensive line- but no matter what it's a superior offensive line to Miami.

I could envision a scenario where Miller outgains Bell this year, but I think Bell ends up with more touchdowns.

Bell, more talent and a better situation. Less of an injury history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe in Le'Veon Bell for both. Bell's younger and is coming into a more stable offensive situation with a pro-bowl caliber quarterback. I'm hopeful that a healthy Decastro + moving Mike Adams to the right side gives them a mediocre offensive line- but no matter what it's a superior offensive line to Miami.

I could envision a scenario where Miller outgains Bell this year, but I think Bell ends up with more touchdowns.
While the bolded above is true, they are both babies as far as NFL RB's go so I would say age is no issue here. Especially considering Bell had a way heavier workload in college.

I voted Miller in both, but it's very, very close. I'm concerned that Pittsburgh won't have as many leads as they used to due to their defense not being as dominant. That will result in fewer HAMMER carries in the 4th Q when the opposing defense is tired and the yards start to pile up. Not that Miami is going to be leading by 2 TDs all the time, either. Like I said, it's close.

I voted Miller in both, but it's very, very close. I'm concerned that Pittsburgh won't have as many leads as they used to due to their defense not being as dominant. That will result in fewer HAMMER carries in the 4th Q when the opposing defense is tired and the yards start to pile up. Not that Miami is going to be leading by 2 TDs all the time, either. Like I said, it's close.
I agree RN that it's razor thin close but using your rationale, don't you think that PIT is more likely to be carrying a lead into the 4th qtr over MIA?

I agree RN that it's razor thin close but using your rationale, don't you think that PIT is more likely to be carrying a lead into the 4th qtr over MIA?
I will concede that, but the deciding factor to me is Miller's home-run-hitting ability. He's a threat to go 80 to the house at any time.

I will concede that, but the deciding factor to me is Miller's home-run-hitting ability. He's a threat to go 80 to the house at any time.
Agreed.

In think Bell is a more complete back. Miller has the HR potential, but I'm not convinced there is much else he is better than Bell at. Speed isn't a great predictive factor in finding great RBs. If you look at the top 10 backs from last year, how many were what you would think of as breakaway speed guys?

In think Bell is a more complete back. Miller has the HR potential, but I'm not convinced there is much else he is better than Bell at. Speed isn't a great predictive factor in finding great RBs. If you look at the top 10 backs from last year, how many were what you would think of as breakaway speed guys?
Frank Gore said Miller reminds him of Portis. I realize there's a lot of Canes love flying around there, but the more I watch him, I see it too.

Frank Gore said Miller reminds him of Portis. I realize there's a lot of Canes love flying around there, but the more I watch him, I see it too.
The U loves the U, I don't put much into that. If you see Portis, then you should reach to get him because he is a great value. I personally don't see Portis though. I see a fast RB.

Also, if we want to get into the comparison game, Steven Jackson said Bell reminded him of himself which is a more genuine compliment (doesn't make it more accurate) than Gore hyping Miller. I do see some SJax in Bell because of the trifecta of size, quick feet, and pass catching ability. Jackson ran harder though, that's his major advantage over Bell.

Users who are viewing this thread