What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LHUCKS' '05 Rankings (1 Viewer)

Guys had one good year to warrent a first round pick, go look up the stats if you don't believe me or you can follow the herd and put him that high up because many "experts" rank him first round RB material every year.
:lmao: Deuce's Career Numbers:

+--------------------------+-------------------------+ | Rushing | Receiving |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2001 nor | 16 | 16 91 5.7 1 | 15 166 11.1 1 || 2002 nor | 15 | 325 1388 4.3 13 | 47 352 7.5 3 || 2003 nor | 16 | 351 1641 4.7 8 | 69 516 7.5 0 || 2004 nor | 14 | 269 1074 4.0 9 | 34 228 6.7 0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| TOTAL | 61 | 961 4194 4.4 31 | 165 1262 7.6 4 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+In just his 2nd and 3rd year he was amongst the NFL leaders in total yards and he got slowed down a bit in '04 and still reeled in 1300 yards of total offense with 9 TDS, with 4.0 YPC.The guy is a stud.
Again, unless you don't count TD, you draft RB in the first round who produce double digit combined TD, does Deuce do that more than not? Don't think so. You can get similar production from a back like Dunn but costs you a much lower pick. Heck, take Tiki or CMart in the next round.Suckers draft Deuce in the first round.

So a RB who has had more than 10 TDs ONCE in his career is worth a first round pick to you? :no:

Hell, even Dunn outproduced him last year so why the love affair with Deuce as a first round lock RB?
A lot of RBs can be top fantasy producers with mediocre TD totals...see Tiki Barber.Dunn played every game last year, Deuce didn't. I'd bet Alaska that Deuce outscores Dunn any year both are fully healthy in their current environments.
I guess if you say EVERY year that Deuce will be a legit top 1st round back, the odds will get better for you that he will but based on history, the NO offensive system and their ignorant coaches, throw in the fact they won't play any true home games, your analysis that he's a first round legit RB isn't on stats but pure gut which is fine but again, I would love for someone to tell me why they think Deuce is first round material. You can year in and year out name plenty who dominate him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Relatively minor or not he's had two in the past 3 years that has caused him to miss games and when playing severely reduced his effectiveness (so as not to finish top 10). I like Deuce as well but for some reason he always seems to get the "free pass" when it comes to injuries and his history. For instance DD is an injury risk but Deuce is not (not saying that you think DD is a risk just a general sentiment among most FF'ers).
I think there are several reasons Deuce gets a "free pass" when it comes to his injury history:1) His injuries have been minor enough that he still puts up a 1000 yards rushing every year.

2) Minor ankle injuries are fairly low on the injury totem pole.

3) Deuce is still relatively young

4) The Saints have repeatedly said they want him to be their workhorse...you don't put that kind of faith in a guy you believe can't make it through the season.

So a RB who has had more than 10 TDs ONCE in his career is worth a first round pick to you? :no:

Hell, even Dunn outproduced him last year so why the love affair with Deuce as a first round lock RB?
Absolutely. I'd consider Deuce as early as third overall. Obviously last year wasn't a great season for him, but that's understandable because he was struggling with injuries. He's shown that he's an consistently excellent back when he's healthy. You mentioned that he's only scored 10 TDs once in his career. Well first off, he's only had two complete seasons as a starter. In 2002 he had over 1,700 total yards and 16 TDs. In 2003 he had over 2,100 total yards and 8 TDs. I won't complain if I get numbers like that from my first round pick. I don't try to win leagues with my first pick. I take solid players who I can bank on to succeed. Deuce is one of the best RB bets out there.

Crayton was solid all preseason, probably the Cowboys 2nd best receiver during that time.  Can anyone say Price was solid or are you going on what he did 3 or 4 years ago?
It's hard for me to believe Price just fell off the map, he's still relatively young for a WR. Crayton has looked great I agree. I'm just saying Crayton hasn't accomplished an iota of what Price has in the NFL so I wouldn't be surprised if Price works his way into the Dallas #3 WR mix. A lot of players look great in the preseason. All of that being said, Crayton or Price didn't come anywhere close to my top 50 WRs.
I know what you're saying, it's shocking that Price got cut from the Falcons, but that right there should be evidence that he was cut from the FALCONS.I know Crayton hasn't accomplished anything yet, but it's only his 2nd year. He played behind a couple vets last season and I truly expect him to make an impact this season. Either has a very solid WR3 for Dallas or as a starter if Keyshawn or Glenn get hurt...........who both did last season.

Relatively minor or not he's had two in the past 3 years that has caused him to miss games and when playing severely reduced his effectiveness (so as not to finish top 10). I like Deuce as well but for some reason he always seems to get the "free pass" when it comes to injuries and his history. For instance DD is an injury risk but Deuce is not (not saying that you think DD is a risk just a general sentiment among most FF'ers).
I think there are several reasons Deuce gets a "free pass" when it comes to his injury history:1) His injuries have been minor enough that he still puts up a 1000 yards rushing every year.

2) Minor ankle injuries are fairly low on the injury totem pole.

3) Deuce is still relatively young

4) The Saints have repeatedly said they want him to be their workhorse...you don't put that kind of faith in a guy you believe can't make it through the season.
This should add a feather to my cap, answer the question:Who has played in MORE games the last three season?

A. Deuce

B. Fred Taylor

So a RB who has had more than 10 TDs ONCE in his career is worth a first round pick to you?  :no:

A lot of RBs can be top fantasy producers with mediocre TD totals...see Tiki Barber.Dunn played every game last year, Deuce didn't. I'd bet Alaska that Deuce outscores Dunn any year both are fully healthy in their current environments.
I guess if you say EVERY year that Deuce will be a legit top 1st round back, the odds will get better for you that he will but based on history, the NO offensive system and their ignorant coaches, throw in the fact they won't play any true home games, your analysis that he's a first round legit RB isn't on stats but pure gut which is fine but again, I would love for someone to tell me why they think Deuce is first round material. You can year in and year out name plenty who dominate him.
I've provided you '03 stats that I believe Deuce will repeat. Additionally I've given you several reasons why I think '05 will be closer to '04 than '03. I believe that I've actually been very quantitative in my arguments for Deuce, so I disagree with your "gut" statement.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Absolutely. I'd consider Deuce as early as third overall. Obviously last year wasn't a great season for him, but that's understandable because he was struggling with injuries. He's shown that he's an consistently excellent back when he's healthy. You mentioned that he's only scored 10 TDs once in his career. Well first off, he's only had two complete seasons as a starter. In 2002 he had over 1,700 total yards and 16 TDs. In 2003 he had over 2,100 total yards and 8 TDs. I won't complain if I get numbers like that from my first round pick. I don't try to win leagues with my first pick. I take solid players who I can bank on to succeed. Deuce is one of the best RB bets out there.
:no: :no: :no: But he's injured more times than not so you think it's a smart play to take a RB top 5 who:

A. more likely NOT to play all 16 games

B. ONCE in his career will give you over 10 TDs for a season

Call me silly but when I draft a RB in the first round, I want someone who has shown that it isn't a fluke (meaning if he's played more than a few years, it's been done at least two seasons) he can get into the endzone AT LEAST 10 times during the season.

Crayton was solid all preseason, probably the Cowboys 2nd best receiver during that time.  Can anyone say Price was solid or are you going on what he did 3 or 4 years ago?
It's hard for me to believe Price just fell off the map, he's still relatively young for a WR. Crayton has looked great I agree. I'm just saying Crayton hasn't accomplished an iota of what Price has in the NFL so I wouldn't be surprised if Price works his way into the Dallas #3 WR mix. A lot of players look great in the preseason. All of that being said, Crayton or Price didn't come anywhere close to my top 50 WRs.
I know what you're saying, it's shocking that Price got cut from the Falcons, but that right there should be evidence that he was cut from the FALCONS.I know Crayton hasn't accomplished anything yet, but it's only his 2nd year. He played behind a couple vets last season and I truly expect him to make an impact this season. Either has a very solid WR3 for Dallas or as a starter if Keyshawn or Glenn get hurt...........who both did last season.
I agree with all of that. We're not really disagreeing here. I just said I wouldn't be surprised if Price eats into Crayton's time...not really a dig on Crayton, I'm just not totally sold that Price wasn't handcuffed by Vick's passing inadequecies for the past several years.

I've provided you '03 stats that I believe Deuce will repeat. Additionally I've given you several reasons why I think '05 will be closer to '04 than '03. I believe that I've actually been very quantitative in my arguments for Deuce, so I disagree with your "gut" statement.

Sorry, but a guy who has played all his games two out of four years to me speaks volumns as well as a guy who has broken the 10 TD plateu one ONCE out of FOUR seasons clearly shows that Deuce is loved WAY MORE than his worth. End of second round pick? Yes. First round pick because he had 13 Tds a few seasons back with ALL other seasons average production for where he was drafted? No way.

But he's injured more times than not so you think it's a smart play to take a RB top 5 who:
How does missing three games out of the last forty eight equate to "being injured more times than not?" I'm very curious.

Call me silly but when I draft a RB in the first round, I want someone who has shown that it isn't a fluke (meaning if he's played more than a few years, it's been done at least two seasons) he can get into the endzone AT LEAST 10 times during the season.
Go check his points/game over the past few years and compare it with all of the other top RBs in football. He'll stack up just fine.

But he's injured more times than not so you think it's a smart play to take a RB top 5 who:
How does missing three games out of the last forty eight equate to "being injured more times than not?" I'm very curious.

Go check his points/game over the past few years and compare it with all of the other top RBs in football. He'll stack up just fine.
To other RB that are selected in the first round he sure doesn't unless you don't count TDs in your league.

Injured more times than not in regards to playing an entire season, plus it was well known he was injured all of last year but played.

So a RB who has had more than 10 TDs ONCE in his career is worth a first round pick to you?  :no:

:no: :no: :no: But he's injured more times than not so you think it's a smart play to take a RB top 5 who:

I think you are harping too much on the TD's. TD's are often unpredictable but yardage is not. Look at Martin/Tiki they didn't just figure out how to get td's last year. There are very few guys that are "guaranteed" 10+ td's a year, LT, SA, Holmes, maybe DD. All with the exception of DD will probably be off the board when you have the chance to draft McAllister so once those guys are gone who do you draft?

Sorry, but a guy who has played all his games two out of four years to me speaks volumns as well as a guy who has broken the 10 TD plateu one ONCE out of FOUR seasons clearly shows that Deuce is loved WAY MORE than his worth. End of second round pick? Yes. First round pick because he had 13 Tds a few seasons back with ALL other seasons average production for where he was drafted? No way.
You keep harping on that 10 TD season as if it's significant. Let's take a look at Deuce's career:2001 - Backed up Ricky Williams as a rookie

2002 - Finished as a top ten RB in virtually every common scoring format

2003 - Finished as a top ten RB in virtually every common scoring format

2004 - Suffered through injuries, but still finished as a top twenty RB in virtually every scoring format

I think we can scratch 2001 because Deuce wasn't a starter and therefore didn't have the opportunity to be productive. That leaves 2002, 2003, and 2004. In my PPR dynasty league, Deuce finished as RB6, RB5, and RB16 in those seasons. So in three years as a starter, Deuce has had an average finish of RB9. Maybe that doesn't justify his hype, but I think most people understand that he's one of the safest RBs in the NFL when he plays.

By my league's scoring, Deuce is one of only eight RBs to have at least two top ten seasons within the past three years. The other backs are LaDainian Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Priest Holmes, Tiki Barber, Shaun Alexander, Ricky Williams, and Edgerrin James. That looks like pretty good company to me.

I think you'd find a similar result in non-PPR leagues. Deuce has been one of the most consistent RBs in FF since 2002 and is worth every bit of a top ten pick.

Injured more times than not in regards to playing an entire season, plus it was well known he was injured all of last year but played.
He's been almost completely healthy three out of his four years in the league.

I think you are harping too much on the TD's. TD's are often unpredictable but yardage is not. Look at Martin/Tiki they didn't just figure out how to get td's last year. There are very few guys that are "guaranteed" 10+ td's a year, LT, SA, Holmes, maybe DD. All with the exception of DD will probably be off the board when you have the chance to draft McAllister so once those guys are gone who do you draft?
While I agree in small part that TDs are unpredictable but also you can predict them given their system and historical numbers. It isn't a fluke that SA, LT and Priest score TDs which is why you draft them early. Players like Tiki and CMart blow Deuce out of the water when it came to Yards per Game last year.Again, I would take Deuce in the second round but for people to draft him top 5 is insane, NOTHING suggests that he should bypass many other RBs. You can start from not playing 16 games in 2 out of 4 years to NOT scoring enough TDs to their system clearly shows they don't know how to get him into the endzone to him having nagging injuries (all last year). Someone has said that you draft him early because of his receptions, well fine, then you can't draft him over Tiki or Westbrook if that's your argument. Both those guys know how to find the endzone and I have yet to see Deuce be able to do that consistantly to warrent him AGAIN a FIRST ROUND PICK.

I can't think of a single player who is more overrated and blindly followed where people think he is not only a first rounder but a top half of the first round.

Please enlighten me.

While I agree in small part that TDs are unpredictable but also you can predict them given their system and historical numbers. It isn't a fluke that SA, LT and Priest score TDs which is why you draft them early. Players like Tiki and CMart blow Deuce out of the water when it came to Yards per Game last year.Again, I would take Deuce in the second round but for people to draft him top 5 is insane, NOTHING suggests that he should bypass many other RBs. You can start from not playing 16 games in 2 out of 4 years to NOT scoring enough TDs to their system clearly shows they don't know how to get him into the endzone to him having nagging injuries (all last year). Someone has said that you draft him early because of his receptions, well fine, then you can't draft him over Tiki or Westbrook if that's your argument. Both those guys know how to find the endzone and I have yet to see Deuce be able to do that consistantly to warrent him AGAIN a FIRST ROUND PICK.

I can't think of a single player who is more overrated and blindly followed where people think he is not only a first rounder but a top half of the first round.

Please enlighten me.
I happen to agree with you that he isn't a 1st half of the 1st round slam dunk but I'd probably take him anywhere after the 1st 6 are gone. After the 1st few guys are off the board arguments can be made for and against any of the 1st rounders. I would assume (probably shouldn't) that two of KJ, JJ or McGahee are in your 1st round picks ahead of Deuce but I can find just as many problems with any of them that I can with Deuce.

Please enlighten me.
I happen to agree with you that he isn't a 1st half of the 1st round slam dunk but I'd probably take him anywhere after the 1st 6 are gone. After the 1st few guys are off the board arguments can be made for and against any of the 1st rounders. I would assume (probably shouldn't) that two of KJ, JJ or McGahee are in your 1st round picks ahead of Deuce but I can find just as many problems with any of them that I can with Deuce.
To be honest we can all have a gut feeling that x player will outperform y player, I just get a little ticked off when someone can say that Deuce shouldn't be a lock first round then people act like your insane. Also, unlike any player I can think of the last few years has Deuce given the leash on why he hasn't produced. I bet the same people who say DD shouldn't be a high pick (at least no worse than late second round) are the same people who act like it's a slam dunk that Deuce is a first round pick.No harm in assuming that KJ or JJ or Willis could be legit first round picks but that's completely different than saying since it's a slam dunk that they will. Picking any RB top 5 clearly says he's a slam dunk. Deuce isn't.

To be honest we can all have a gut feeling that x player will outperform y player, I just get a little ticked off when someone can say that Deuce shouldn't be a lock first round then people act like your insane. Also, unlike any player I can think of the last few years has Deuce given the leash on why he hasn't produced. I bet the same people who say DD shouldn't be a high pick (at least no worse than late second round) are the same people who act like it's a slam dunk that Deuce is a first round pick.
The problem with your argument is that Deuce has produced. He's been a top ten RB in virtually every scoring format two out of the past three years. Last year he was injured. I don't view it as "giving him the leash." When he's been healthy, he's been a top 5-8 RB. You can't ask for much more than that. Here's the top 12 RBs according the AntSports ADP:1. Tomlinson

2. Alexander

3. Holmes

4. James

5. McAllister

6. McGahee

7. Davis

8. K. Jones

9. Lewis

10. Portis

11. J. Jones

12. Dillon

Other than Portis, none of the guys listed below Deuce here has had two top ten seasons within the past three years. Lewis, Davis, McGahee and Dillon have had one. Of those players, all have missed serious time in recent seasons due to injuries. Neither Kevin Jones nor Julius Jones has had a single top 10 season nor has either player exceeded your all-important 10 TD barrier.

I can't look at these names and understand how a rational person could balk at the suggestion that Deuce should be drafted above most of them. He has a better track record in the NFL than most of these guys and his injury issues are actually pretty favorable compared with the likes of J. Jones, Dillon, K. Jones, Lewis, McGahee, and Davis.

No harm in assuming that KJ or JJ or Willis could be legit first round picks but that's completely different than saying since it's a slam dunk that they will. Picking any RB top 5 clearly says he's a slam dunk. Deuce isn't.
There's no such thing as a slam dunk, but Deuce has been a top 5-8 RB in most scoring formats two out of his three years as a starter. He even cracked the top 20 in most leagues last year despite suffering through injuries. He hasn't been quite as reliable as guys like Tomlinson and Alexander, but he's been right up there with almost everyone else.

No love for T. Glenn at all on the list.  The guy is a big sleeper in my books.  I could see him surpassing the 1000 yard total this year and he could be had for cheap.
:confused: I have him ranked higher than almost everybody. He's on half of the teams from the leagues listed in my sig.

I have him ranked higher than all of the FBG staff except for Wimer.
Oh I am sorry I skipped his name when I looked at the list. That is a very fair spot.

No love for T. Glenn at all on the list.  The guy is a big sleeper in my books.  I could see him surpassing the 1000 yard total this year and he could be had for cheap.
:confused: I have him ranked higher than almost everybody. He's on half of the teams from the leagues listed in my sig.

Oh I am sorry I skipped his name when I looked at the list. That is a very fair spot.
no problem...glad I'm not alone with my Glenn love. :thumbup:

If you draft for upside, why do you have Deshaun Foster and Stephen Davis behind the likes of Michael Bennett and Ced Benson???  I think the upside of whoever is the Panthers starter far surpasses whatever thoise two will put up.
I believe Carolina is doomed for RBBC. After about 20 drafts this year, I have zero Carolina RBs.
:lmao: :lmao: :bye: :bye:

I guess we were both right about Glenn this year :thumbup:

16. Palmer

25. E. Manning
:eek: :eek: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:yawn: When you learn how to properly evaluate rankings you'll realize why mine are better than almost every set of professional rankings put out this year. ;) Don't make me point you to my '05 teams' current standings.

Now shoo off to your Yahoo/Work league website...shoo.

16. Palmer

25. E. Manning
:yawn: When you learn how to properly evaluate rankings you'll realize why mine are better than almost every set of professional rankings put out this year. ;) Don't make me point you to my '05 teams' current standings.

Relax, I just found humor in those 2 in particular. You posted 'em, you should be able to take some heat.

16. Palmer

25. E. Manning

Does it have anything to do with Calico being ranked as a startable WR?

16. Palmer

25. E. Manning

Relax, I just found humor in those 2 in particular. You posted 'em, you should be able to take some heat.
I have a serious question - did you go back and bump this from two months ago just to pull those two rankings out?I am serious, BTW - I am curious why you bumped this particular thread with that particular post.

Users who are viewing this thread