What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions Acquire NT Damon Harrison From Giants For A Fifth-Rounder - PFF Grades Him Fourth Overall Vs. Run (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
And it continues in NY...

Harrison is making some cash from when he left the Jets in FA. He's also a pretty good run stopper still. The Giants are 28th in Football Outsiders' DVOA rankings. 

This has implications for Beckham and Barkley, for sure.  

From the New York Post:

Eli Apple was just the beginning.

Giants GM Dave Gettleman did not wait long to sell off another piece of the defense, sending Damon “Snacks” Harrison to the Lions for a fifth-round pick, ESPN.com reports. It comes a day after Apple was traded to the Saints for a pair of draft picks.

The Giants landed the massive nose tackle during former GM Jerry Reese’s 2016 spending spree, prying him from the Jets with a five-year, $46.25 million deal.

Harrison has been a productive run-stuffer in the middle of the Giants defense, but was deemed expendable in this ugly 1-6 season.

Per Roto

The Lions' defense has been bulldozed for a league-high 5.3 YPC this season and were in the market for any help up the middle. Regarded as one of the league's best run-stoppers, "Snacks" should assist in the trenches immediately. Harrison has notably garnered Pro Football Focus' No. 4 grade among 169 qualifiers on the interior in run defense this season. He figures to play over Sylvester Williams in the old Alan Branch role in coach Matt Patricia's defense. Harrison is already the second domino to fall for the re-building Giants, following in the footsteps of recently-shipped CB Eli Apple.

Last edited by a moderator:
If so, I like it for the Lions.
It's great for the Lions. See the Roto edit. He grades out fourth out of one hundred and sixty nine eligible players against the run. 

It also, and why I posted it, really affects Odell and Saquon Barkley. They're tanking. What happens to these guys in the fantasy playoffs?

It's great for the Lions. See the Roto edit. He grades out fourth out of one hundred and sixty nine eligible players against the run. 

It also, and why I posted it, really affects Odell and Saquon Barkley. They're tanking. What happens to these guys in the fantasy playoffs?
That's what I immediately thought of: 

Will OBJ be getting garbage time?  or will he be stuck with Kyle Lauletta growing pains

For who? The Lions? #### yeah. 

I am a Jets fan. I watched this guy. NY had a sick run defense in 2016, the year they first signed him. They were second against the rush in DVOA. Last year, they were 26th, so something happened. 

Love this for the Lions and think there is a chance to make a run at the division this year. It is wide open. 
Yeah, I don't think Harrison will disappoint. If PFF is on top of it, he's still playing at a high level. 

The Jets were stalwart against the run with him clogging the middle.  

I love Detroit's offense, frankly, especially if Jim Bob gets Johnson the ball and they stay three wide. That's tough sledding for a defense.  

Yeah, I don't think Harrison will disappoint. If PFF is on top of it, he's still playing at a high level. 

The Jets were stalwart against the run with him clogging the middle.  

I love Detroit's offense, frankly, especially if Jim Bob gets Johnson the ball and they stay three wide. That's tough sledding for a defense.  
I agree, the talent on D is still lacking. As good as Kerryon and Ragnow have been, I am still really disappointed we let Harold Landry get by us twice. Detroit needs pass rushers. However, the offense has the makings of one of the best in the NFL. Strong Oline, talented veteran QB, deep threat/RZ in Marvin, YAC monster in Tate and a physical freak in Kenny G. Kerryon is explosive and can do it all. Theo is a good satellite back and Blount is big. The offense can slow a game down and grind or spread it out and throw every play. There isn't a gamescript the offense can't thrive with. 

I think next year could be big for Detroit. If they can get a competent TE and a pass rusher, watch out. 

I agree, the talent on D is still lacking. As good as Kerryon and Ragnow have been, I am still really disappointed we let Harold Landry get by us twice. Detroit needs pass rushers. However, the offense has the makings of one of the best in the NFL. Strong Oline, talented veteran QB, deep threat/RZ in Marvin, YAC monster in Tate and a physical freak in Kenny G. Kerryon is explosive and can do it all. Theo is a good satellite back and Blount is big. The offense can slow a game down and grind or spread it out and throw every play. There isn't a gamescript the offense can't thrive with. 

I think next year could be big for Detroit. If they can get a competent TE and a pass rusher, watch out. 
Ziggy being injury prone is hindering them...however they are generating sacks.....let ziggy walk....

Ziggy being injury prone is hindering them...however they are generating sacks.....let ziggy walk....
Oh yeah, I can't imagine Ziggy comes back unless it's a really cheap deal. He just can't stay healthy. But you are right that the Lions have generated sacks-they are tied for 4th in the NFL and that is with the bye week. 

Users who are viewing this thread