What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (1 Viewer)

Another trade offer. Carson for Evans and Henderson. Not sure why we would need to add a player. Should be the other way around. 

What WRs does the instigator have?  Better yet, show their entire roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evans for Gurley?
No chance and then you’ll have to dig for WRs.

Goff
Gurley, Carson, Barber, Penny, Williams
Edelman, Hilton, Boyd, Gallup, Humphries, Watkins
Engram, Fant, Olsen
Badgley
Saints

Current roster:

Mahomes, Wilson
Gordon, Henderson, Brown, Montgomery, Hilliard, Crockett, Ajayi
Hopkins, Evans, OBJ, Funchess
Ebron, Hooper
Zeurlein
Bears
Maybe try ^this as a thoughtful counter.  Lets him know you’re willing to give him exactly what he wants, but he needs to give up more.  You can make it more unbalanced by adding Hilton or Gallup (or one of his other WRs), depending on who you like.  I always consider owners that offer trades to be in a position of weakness.

Since you said this is essentially a Pats homer league, he will balk at giving up Edelman, or will he?

The point here is, keep him on the hook and thinking unless you want to napalm the trade bridge with him for the season.

We are going to try to offer OBJ for Gurley and Edelman. The way the league works, as long as a player is kept from year to year, the team forfeits a draft pick in the round that player was taken. In this case, OBJ could be kept as a 14th round pick.

We are going to try to offer OBJ for Gurley and Edelman. The way the league works, as long as a player is kept from year to year, the team forfeits a draft pick in the round that player was taken. In this case, OBJ could be kept as a 14th round pick.
This assumes you actually want to stay in this league.  I thought the goal was to win and drop the mic on your way out...

This assumes you actually want to stay in this league.  I thought the goal was to win and drop the mic on your way out...
We would be the ones losing the rights to OBJ, so that would be the benefit of a team acquiring him. But the Gurley Edelman offer got shot down. 

^Not unexpected.  You can try a variation of the counter I mentioned above, but the OBJ offer may have closed the door to further trade discussions.

^Not unexpected.  You can try a variation of the counter I mentioned above, but the OBJ offer may have closed the door to further trade discussions.
Only thing in what you suggested as an offer, I would rather have both of our players. I don’t thing things are dead, I would just look to have different pieces involved. 

Fair enough.  Latest rumor is Gordon is likely to sign in time for game 1, so you might be ok.

Must start 2 RB no matter what. Start 2 WR. Also a flex spot.
Ok, now I see why you want to hold onto Evans.  I would still try to deal him for a bonafide RB1 and a high target WR2 or WR3 with upside in return.  If you don’t move Evans, you’ll be playing the WW game all season.  You did say WRs are generally easily available.

Hopefully others can come up with some ideas.

Mike Evans is not worth a bonafide RB1 PLUS a startable WR2 in most leagues.

I thought the Evans + Gurley handcuff for Chris Carson was a fair deal (high on Carson, lukewarm on Evans). Maybe ask the guy if he'd mind throwing in Gallup, Humphries, or Watkins to even out the rosters.

Mike Evans is not worth a bonafide RB1 PLUS a startable WR2 in most leagues.

I thought the Evans + Gurley handcuff for Chris Carson was a fair deal (high on Carson, lukewarm on Evans). Maybe ask the guy if he'd mind throwing in Gallup, Humphries, or Watkins to even out the rosters.
See I think that's a terrible deal.  But I'm high on Evans and just lukeware at best on Carson.  I wouldn't trade Evans straight up for Carson let alone throw in another guy.

See I think that's a terrible deal.  But I'm high on Evans and just lukeware at best on Carson.  I wouldn't trade Evans straight up for Carson let alone throw in another guy.
Current ADP has Evans at 21 and Carson at 39. Henderson is at 101. It didn't make sense to me either to make that trade.

This is what makes FF interesting. It's not just boilerplate.

I do think the Gurley/Carson owner should send back one of his non-starting WRs ... a 2-for-2 deal would be a fair ask. That guy's back-end WRs, IMHO, are pretty good and are startable in the flex.

Just sit tight.  When Gordon is back and Henderson is playing for Gurley, you lap these fools.  Still think you should sleep with the commishes wife.
+1

Do not feel like you need to take a bad deal just to beef up your RB's, but I have a feeling you already know this.  Also, keep your son away from the "accept" button.  At this point, I am more afraid of him than the other owners.

Which is why I suggested a balanced counter with Williams (or Carson) plus Edelman (or Gallup or whomever) for Evans & Henderson, just to keep the other owner interested without making him mad.

As far as ADP goes, the draft is over, so it matters little.  Throw that out the window.  The goal is to strengthen the RBs while not making WRs a glaring need.  Since the other owner wants Evans and made the initial offer, he needs to pay a premium!

Do you have a rankings system you like to use independent of ADP?
Yeah. What my Spider sense is telling me.

The best evaluator for trades right now is where guys are getting drafted. No games have really been played yet, so barring injuries most of the top tier players should not have seen a radical change to their value (unless they play for the Colts).

That being said, I am high on Carson this year. I think he will put up high RB2 numbers and maybe low end RB1 numbers. But that's just my prognosis. Does that make him more valuable? Maybe. IMO, there could be a Carson and a player for Evans and a player deal out there. 

I mean, we’re trying to be as cut-throat with these other owners as possible, without being blatantly obvious, while still being seemingly polite.

If they want @Anarchy99‘s studs, they will pay through the nose or go pound sand.

The other thing here not stated is my son knows all these people. So I am sure there are people he is more friendly with than others and probably people he won't want to trade with compared to others. I don't really know who those owners are, but it's not like an on-line league where usually you don't really know people.

Actually, you did mention the league is comprised of his former co-workers.  I still want to see the commissioner’s roster, though.  We need to mess him up for being a douchetool.

Actually, you did mention the league is comprised of his former co-workers.  I still want to see the commissioner’s roster, though.  We need to mess him up for being a douchetool.
I believe this is his roster . . .

Rodgers
Bell, Montgomery, Johnson, Guice, Bernard, Harris, Ogunbowale
Cooper, JuJu, Gordon, Allison, Samuel
Henry, Eifert
Elliott
Cowboys

• Thanks
Reactions: -X-
The other thing here not stated is my son knows all these people. So I am sure there are people he is more friendly with than others and probably people he won't want to trade with compared to others. I don't really know who those owners are, but it's not like an on-line league where usually you don't really know people.
You keep mentioning this about this league.  Your son never once played the "hey guys, this is kind of #####-y" angle with how the draft went down?  Every single one of them basically said "#### you" to him?  I mean, if they're friends... that's pretty ####ty.

You keep mentioning this about this league.  Your son never once played the "hey guys, this is kind of #####-y" angle with how the draft went down?  Every single one of them basically said "#### you" to him?  I mean, if they're friends... that's pretty ####ty.
If you read his responses on the first page, or the second page, or the third, you will get your answer.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Already getting insanely stupid trade offers. Four scrub backups for Hopkins. The other thing is any trade involving odd numbers means I would have to cut guys to have a legal roster. 
Sounds like you don't know these people, to any real extent anyway.  Is that true?  

This is crazy.  

At some point tomorrow (I believe it's 48 hours from the time he was dropped).

Drew Brees, Lamar Jackson
Christian McCaffery, DeVonta Freeman,  Philip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, CJ Anderson, Justin Jackson, Frank Gore
Stefon Diggs, Sterling Shephard, James Washington, N'Keal Harry, Mohamed Sanu
Travis Kelce
Stephen Gostkowski
Philadelphia Eagles
I think a great starting point would be a small/medium offer for Justin Jackson.  That guy could save your butt on Gordon.

Maybe something like Jackson + Diggs for Evans.

You've got angles you can work at K and DST too.

I liked some of the bigger Kelce ideas too but Jackson should be a focus.

Might be too late now, with the season getting close and no movement on the Gordon holdout.  Still, doesn't hurt to ask, especially while the assumption remains that Ekeler is the primary beneficiary.

Oh, I’m rooting for him too. I still think the more graceful solution is to go to his commissioners house and punch him in the face in front of his wife and kids. 
Or maybe a taste of the commish's own medicine - get a computer hacker to swap out his lineup right before kickoff.  Then sit back and watch him complain about the very same thing that happened to @Anarchy99

Oh, and then sleep with his wife

Another thing to consider is that while OBJ can't be traded for Gurley and Edelman right now, it will be easy to get a boatload for him at the trade deadline.  Having OBJ as a keeper at the cost of a 14th round pick is an awesome building block for a team who is 2-6 and looking to next year.  The fact that you're not looking to come back next year will allow you to make some slanted moves with a 100% focus on this year.

My son is getting antsy. Panic setting in. He’s ready to trade a receiver for someone like Mack. I told him to stay away from the dark side. So far I have keep him on the cliff, but not sure that can stay that way. 

Users who are viewing this thread