What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live games on the NFL Network (1 Viewer)

Jedeye

Footballguy
Just saw on Cold Pizza this morning that on Thanksgiving this year there will be 3 games scheduled. Two of them will be the traditional Dallas and Detroit games. But there will be a third game also scheduled to be shown on the NFL Network. Im dissapointed by this because my cable company does not offer the NFL Network.

As a sidenote, they also said that there will be 2 games scheduled on the first Monday night. One game will start about 7:00 eastern, and the other will be about 10:15.

Last edited by a moderator:
somehow sneaking off to the sports bar on Thanksgiving night seems unlikely

:wall: :wall: :wall:

time to start polling the relatives :yucky:

I posted the list of games here last night but someone's deleted the thread. IIRC NFLNetwork has some of the saturday and thursday games this year. I'd guess 8 total.

Just saw on Cold Pizza this morning that on Thanksgiving this year there will be 3 games scheduled. Two of them will be the traditional Dallas and Detroit games. But there will be a third game also scheduled to be shown on the NFL Network. Im dissapointed by this because my cable company does not offer the NFL Network.

As a sidenote, they also said that there will be 2 games scheduled on the first Monday night. One game will start about 7:00 eastern, and the other will be about 10:15.
Bug your cable company until they add NFL Network.

Charter used to have it and the NFL Network "asked" them to move it off of the Sports Package and put it on regular digital cable package. Charter said no so NFL said then remove it totally. :wall:

Hopefully when the season starts rolling around more people then myself will start complaining that it is gone.

I hate that the NFL Network added a 3rd game on Turkey Day...

Because of that the Backyard Brawl isn't played on Thanksgiving anymore...

:hot:

GB Direct TV. :)

212 (NFL Network) and 269 (History Channel) are about the only things I watch.

Charter used to have it and the NFL Network "asked" them to move it off of the Sports Package and put it on regular digital cable package. Charter said no so NFL said then remove it totally. :wall:

Hopefully when the season starts rolling around more people then myself will start complaining that it is gone.
Yep I've been complaining. I'm seriously thinking about switching to direct tv before the season. I would've already if I didn't love my cable modem so much.

I have Charter too. They are a piece of #### company but our only cable vendor in the area. I hope they bring back the NFL network. We need to send them emails everyday!

How can you leave out 244!?
I had to look it up. Sci Fi? Perhaps Comedy central, but after that I'm very limited in my surfing diversity. Maybe some ESPN news now and then too.

How can you leave out 244!?
I had to look it up. Sci Fi? Perhaps Comedy central, but after that I'm very limited in my surfing diversity. Maybe some ESPN news now and then too.
Definite :thumbup: for Comedy Central too. But if you haven't tried Sci Fi, I recommend giving the new BattleStar Galactica a watch (comes on Friday night plus replays at other times during the week). Also, reruns of Firefly if you've never seeni t.

This is just the NFL's way of putting pressure on cable co's to pick up their network.

I have the direct tv so it's not an issue.
:goodposting: Exactly right on this one. I have DTV as well. :thumbup:

As more games are added to primetime channels, doesn't direct tv's NFL ticket lose some of it's luster? Heck, in week 1 you can catch almost 1/2 the games on normal channels.

Users who are viewing this thread