What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live PD: A&E Live Red Zone Version of "Cops" (2 Viewers)

That was the most intense live TV I've ever seen when that guy was swinging his baby around fighting the officer, that was unreal.

That was the most intense live TV I've ever seen when that guy was swinging his baby around fighting the officer, that was unreal.
Yea.. Wife and I were both in :shock: as were the hosts.. You could sense the anger from the hosts once they returned from the commercial break.

Glad the cameras were there as you could sense the fear in the officer as he is laying on the ground with the subject and the people started gathering around him. Seemed to take forever for backup to arrive.

They need a followup interview with his parents once they see how he treated the kid.. They might just disown him on the spot once they see that.

My whole family stopped and watched that last night. That was just crazy. How that kid didn't sustain any injuries from the crash and then her dad flinging her around like a rag doll, is beyond me. I thought they actually bleeped out one of the hosts when he was describing the guy as they went to commercial break.

Not too get all political but that moment there is exactly what is wrong with America. This guy endangers how many people driving like that, does what he does to his baby and fights the officer, but when the officer looks over his shoulder and asks if someone in the crowd could help him, all they do is pull out their cell-phones and try and catch a cop doing something bad. Where I feared for the officer is when he had the guy in a headlock on the ground and you see the guy go into his pocket for something. If that were a gun or knife, that officer would have been a goner. And then the jerk has the nerve to pull the race card out as he is being carted off, which then gets the rest of that crowd of people filming all up in arms and they start engaging the police. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the video for those that didn't see it car chase 

Live PD staff is not allowed to intervene in the action, but that lady you see go into frame when the guy drops the baby is one of the show's producers and she decided to break the rules to help that kid. 

Here is the video for those that didn't see it car chase 

Live PD staff is not allowed to intervene in the action, but that lady you see go into frame when the guy drops the baby is one of the show's producers and she decided to break the rules to help that kid. 
Listening to the cop yell "help me.. Help me out" only to see people standing around more concerned about getting it on video.......  :angry:

My whole family stopped and watched that last night. That was just crazy. How that kid didn't sustain any injuries from the crash and then her dad flinging her around like a rag doll, is beyond me. I thought they actually bleeped out one of the hosts when he was describing the guy as they went to commercial break.

Not too get all political but that moment there is exactly what is wrong with America. This guy endangers how many people driving like that, does what he does to his baby and fights the officer, but when the officer looks over his shoulder and asks if someone in the crowd could help him, all they do is pull out their cell-phones and try and catch a cop doing something bad. Where I feared for the officer is when he had the guy in a headlock on the ground and you see the guy go into his pocket for something. If that were a gun or knife, that officer would have been a goner. And then the jerk has the nerve to pull the race card out as he is being carted off, which then gets the rest of that crowd of people filming all up in arms and they start engaging the police. 
This is exactly what I was thinking about as I watched.  Nobody really commented  on the pocket move.  I was surprised by that...maybe they did after the fact and I missed it.  That second cop who came running in was pretty aggressive.  I didn't have a problem with it, but I thought he was going to get into it with the gathering crowd.

Listening to the cop yell "help me.. Help me out" only to see people standing around more concerned about getting it on video.......  :angry:
I was also thinking maybe the guy filming for the TV show could have set down his camera for a couple minutes to help

I was also thinking maybe the guy filming for the TV show could have set down his camera for a couple minutes to help
Unfortunately they are contractually "forbidden" from getting involved.
The hosts even spoke afterwards about this and that the woman camera person basically said "F the contract, I'm helping this child" as she picked up the child after. Had to be hard for those on the ride along to stay back, especially when the crowd started to gather and the cop is on the ground in a vulnerable position.

Makes you wonder what might have happened if the cameras hadn't been there :oldunsure:

I have to think if Deputy Kevin Lawrence had seen the little girl get treated like a rag doll, he wouldn't have been so nice to that driver.  He was kinda of buddying up with him.  Deputy Lawrence is one of the better officers on the show, so is Mastriani.  Wished someone in that crowd would have helped Mastriani out, unless the crowd got there after the other officers arrived, can't understand how at least 1 person wouldn't have tried to help Mastriani.  I would have to think that if something real horrible had happened, Live PD would have cut the feed off and we wouldn't have been able to see.  Not sure how long their live delay is, but I would think that it is long enough for them to cut the feed.  No way I would have wanted to see that little girl get thrown while Mastriani was wrestling with the father.  When I was watching, I was sure that she was going to thrown and hurt real bad.

I have to think if Deputy Kevin Lawrence had seen the little girl get treated like a rag doll, he wouldn't have been so nice to that driver.  He was kinda of buddying up with him.  Deputy Lawrence is one of the better officers on the show, so is Mastriani.  Wished someone in that crowd would have helped Mastriani out, unless the crowd got there after the other officers arrived, can't understand how at least 1 person wouldn't have tried to help Mastriani.  I would have to think that if something real horrible had happened, Live PD would have cut the feed off and we wouldn't have been able to see.  Not sure how long their live delay is, but I would think that it is long enough for them to cut the feed.  No way I would have wanted to see that little girl get thrown while Mastriani was wrestling with the father.  When I was watching, I was sure that she was going to thrown and hurt real bad.
It is on at least a 5 second delay. You can tell as they are able to bleep out names when people give them as well as most of the cussing. Pretty sure when that guys hand went into his pocket everyone that has the ability to cut was ready to do so if he pulled out a weapon... That cop has to be still a little shook up, especially watching it on replay seeing the hand in the pocket. :oldunsure:  

####### sickening

I read somewhere that it is actually a law in SC that if a peace office calls for help, they are legally obligated to help.

Arresting officer from last weeks intense scene is in studio tonight. Interview and review of the scene coming up. :popcorn:

Best car chase ever.  Guy should be in nascar.
Not sure how long that lasted or how many miles but that was just sick. I'd use the word impressive but someone putting that many lives in danger doesn't deserve the praise. I have to think more luck than skill but I would love to know more background on the driver. A pick-up isn't an ideal vehicle to evade with no weight in the back but this guy just couldn't be stopped. Incredible chase...

Not sure how long that lasted or how many miles but that was just sick. I'd use the word impressive but someone putting that many lives in danger doesn't deserve the praise. I have to think more luck than skill but I would love to know more background on the driver. A pick-up isn't an ideal vehicle to evade with no weight in the back but this guy just couldn't be stopped. Incredible chase...
Great job by the deputies keeping their cool and helping to keep the public safe on that one by not trying anything crazy.  If it were me I would have rammed him sooner, 

Have to admit the kids and I high-fived when we saw the K-9 go tearing after the sum#####.

Great job by the deputies keeping their cool and helping to keep the public safe on that one by not trying anything crazy.  If it were me I would have rammed him sooner, 

Have to admit the kids and I high-fived when we saw the K-9 go tearing after the sum#####.
That chase was awesome, but the best part was the dog getting the takedown. 

These cars refusing to stop for the cops but still using their turn signals during the chase is funny.  Wished the officer had a K-9 when the driver took off and wasn't captured.   I wonder what the ratio of officers who have a K-9 is?  The woman who interfered with the female deputy during her attempt to put the guy in handcuffs deserves some jail time, she was a piece of work.

Lutherman2112 said:
Damn that domestic call got out of hand real fast.
yep.. I know the crew is "forbidden" to interfere... But you wonder how far it would have gone before they would have done something.

But the cop was amazing... Wench grabs her from behind while she is trying to cuff her boyfriend, so she grabs the woman and pins her on top of the man until help can arrive.

That is probably not the threesome the guy dreamed about :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread