What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Loaning a chick money 9/9/16 - Bye (2 Viewers)

I don't understand why you are holding out on her. She asked for 3 racks but you can afford to give her a lot more racks than that guy!! Just like you said, it's Christmas time. Hook her up with like 10 racks guy.

I would like to know what she needs the money for. 3k seems like a lot to someone working for tips.

And yes, I'm seriously considering it.

[laughing hysterically]"Good one! Just 3 grand? Sure you don't need more? [laughing some more] Tell you what, I'll buy you another of whatever you're drinking, how's that?"

You can't be seriously considering this.

Assuming this is not completely made up since it seems like it is right out of the movies, it is pretty obvious it was a setup between Bartender and girl who planned it out ahead of time. The bartender bring up your bonus allowed for her to ask for the money.
Stop being silly. Stuff like THAT only happens in movies. What is next, they kill him and steal his car. C'mon NR.
Does he have healthy kidneys?

LOFL at some random chick you've talked to a few times at a bar asking you to borrow 3K because she is "not other people".

You sure like to post threads where women put you in situations that imply you can have sex with them. It must be awesome being your wife.

LOFL at some random chick you've talked to a few times at a bar asking you to borrow 3K because she is "not other people". You sure like to post threads where women put you in situations that imply you can have sex with them. It must be awesome being your wife.
You should see her threads.

I would like to know what she needs the money for. 3k seems like a lot to someone working for tips.

Why though? What is the gain? If you "just want to do someone a solid" donate the money or lend it interest free to a charity. There is obviously something you are not mentioning, or maybe you do not know yourself, but the fact you have the motivation to do this for some random chick with no strings attached is just odd. Would you lend me the money? Probably not, and that is where the alarms in your mind should start going off.

Why though? What is the gain? If you "just want to do someone a solid" donate the money or lend it interest free to a charity. There is obviously something you are not mentioning, or maybe you do not know yourself, but the fact you have the motivation to do this for some random chick with no strings attached is just odd. Would you lend me the money? Probably not, and that is where the alarms in your mind should start going off.
Like I said in the OP, I've known of her for about 2 years or so. I've seen her around for a while, several people I know, know her, we've hung out before (not just the two of us, but in a group setting). I wouldn't consider her a friend but she's far from a complete stranger.

Like I said in the OP, I've known of her for about 2 years or so. I've seen her around for a while, several people I know, know her, we've hung out before (not just the two of us, but in a group setting). I wouldn't consider her a friend but she's far from a complete stranger.
If she's not a friend I don't get it. Do you want to give her the money so you will look like a big shot? Ego boost?

Why though?
It's pretty obvious. (1) Arizona Ron is insane or (2) He's a big baller on the Fantasy Football Forum
How is loaning someone that I've known (kinda) for a few years "insane"? Also, 3k is hardly "ballin", guy; would I miss 3k if I lost it at the craps table? No. Would I throw it out of a window? No.

What do the guys over in the WoW forum think?

If you want to play this cool, show up with $5k cash and tell her you know that she only asked for 3 but thought she was good for 5.

If she's not a friend I don't get it. Do you want to give her the money so you will look like a big shot? Ego boost?
I'm not from the area I live in now so I really don't consider anyone around here "friends". If she's in a legit jam and 3k makes a difference, why not? I also wouldn't make her pay the whole thing back next month as I think it's pretty unrealistic considering she works for tips.

Seriously, Ron, don't be surprised if this girl takes you to the cleaners.

To visit her parents.

The loan application included a long hug and a kiss. What exactly isn't clear about what he is getting out of this?(note: I realize you are already aware of this, you already stated it before, I don't understand why you keep questioning... just pull out the popcorn and watch the giant mess happen. That's what we do here in the FFA)

"Three racks?" $10 chips are a pretty odd denomination outside of a few poker games I know.

I'm not from the area I live in now so I really don't consider anyone around here "friends". If she's in a legit jam and 3k makes a difference, why not? I also wouldn't make her pay the whole thing back next month as I think it's pretty unrealistic considering she works for tips.
It's your money, so if you wanna blow it on some random chick you kinda know, who am I to say anything. I just think it's dumb. Just don't expect to get it back, ever. 3K may not be a lot to you but it's a good sum of money for most people, me included. You want to do something good, donate it to a charity. And stop acting like a ##### because you do have the money and other's don't. You aren't from the area you live in now and will soon be labeled the biggest sucker in town.

ETA, the FFA has been kinda slow so the blow out from this would help. TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it. You have nothing to lose since $3k is nothing for you and your deep pockets.

I wonder if the bartender and asian broad are in business or if they are in a physical relationship. That is the question I need answered most.

b]And stop acting like a ##### because you do have the money and other's don't.
Ease up a bit.I've never been a ##### to anyone on these forums and I rarely mention anything about what I make unless it's directly related to topic or It's obvious FFA schtick (i.e. 500 Millions isn't enough for me to buy a lottery ticket or something)In this case it's directly related to this topic. The amount of money she asked for was odd to me; no it isn't a lot of money for me per se but I don't have Chet-type-money.

Users who are viewing this thread