What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Long Covid - Experiences, Symptoms, Ongoing Effects... (1 Viewer)

We have treated ~13k patients with long COVID with FDA approved drugs but for off label use.

We are preparing a package to submit to the FDA.

PM me if you or a loved one is suffering and I will try to help.
Dentist's wife has long COVID... Lots of fatigue and a racing heart. He's permabanned here but I'm his best friend and could pass anything along

Please tell him that I hope his wife gets/feels better soon, that I’m glad to hear about his boat life and hope he’s getting all the chest candy he deserves.

Starting this thread because I've got long covid symptoms more than a year after having covid. I'm curious if anyone else here (or family/friends) has had any lingering issues. I still don't have my full taste and smell back. I'd say my taste is at 90 to 95% but smell maybe only at 75%. I was just doing some research and saw this from the mayo clinic which describes exactly what I'm experiencing especially the last sentence.

Could you experience unusual tastes and smells?

Phantosmia is the perception of a smell that doesn't exist, much like phantom limb pain. Regardless of the cause of loss of smell, patients can experience phantosmia. Often the phantom smell is unpleasant, such as the smell of smoke or rotten meat. Also, normally pleasant smells can be perceived as foul.

I've also noticed that I've felt more dizzy and disoriented occasionally. I've always had a fear of heights but for some reason that fear has gotten abnormally exacerbated the last six months or so. I have no idea if this is related to Covid but nothing else has changed in my life.

Curious if anyone has experienced this or other long term effects of Covid.
Another year later, how are you doing now? Fully recovered?
Thanks for checking in.

I’d say my taste is almost back to normal and my smell is not quite there. Probably at 90 to 95%. I can tell that things keep improving little by little.

We have treated ~13k patients with long COVID with FDA approved drugs but for off label use.

Dentist's wife has long COVID... Lots of fatigue and a racing heart. He's permabanned here but I'm his best friend and could pass anything along

www.covidlonghaulers.com

is this all video meeting type of thing? dentist wife has a long covid clinic in KC.. though he said it doesn't seem like much is happening to help.

Please tell him that I hope his wife gets/feels better soon, that I’m glad to hear about his boat life and hope he’s getting all the chest candy he deserves.

Audible laugh... he hasn't made a good chest dump mention to me in a few years.. maybe that's what got him permabanned

No way to know for sure if it is COVID related but my MIL got COVID about a year ago. She was sick but wasn’t major. She didn’t need a hospital or anything. Cleared up in about a week. However it seemed to have fried her brain. She had some minor signs of dimentia before or at least age related mental decline (she is 73). However, after having COVID she almost instantly fell off a cliff with her mental acuity. Her longterm memory is fine but she’s like Guy Pierce from Memento, can’t remember anything new. It’s so bad that when we are at dinner, we will order and then 20 seconds after the waiter walks away she will ask us why they haven’t brought the menus yet. I no longer eat meat and she asked me 5 times last night if I was ordering a steak. I explained I’m not eating meat and each time it was a total shock to her. I gave up the 5th time and just agreed with her that I should order a steak.

The doctors had some hope that if possibly COVID related that it could improve. I guess her most recent appointment the doctors said they have no more hope for improvement and it’s just a matter of trying to preserve what’s left. Trying to find a bright side to this, she’s much nicer and more easy going. She used to be pretty hard on her husband and two daughters. Just making rude comments or having unrealistic expectations. She also always had to have 100 things going on at once, roping everyone into all kinds of activities that only she cared about. With the mental decline, she’s become much more relaxed and kind.

Last edited:

"Despite an overwhelming number of long COVID symptoms previously reported by other studies, we only found a few symptoms specifically related to an infection from SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19," says Chi-Ren Shyu. "Before we examined the data, I thought we would find an ample amount of the symptoms to be specifically associated with long COVID, but that wasn't the case."​
tl;dr the 7 symptoms are: fast-beating heart, hair loss, fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath, joint pain, and obesity.

"Despite an overwhelming number of long COVID symptoms previously reported by other studies, we only found a few symptoms specifically related to an infection from SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19," says Chi-Ren Shyu. "Before we examined the data, I thought we would find an ample amount of the symptoms to be specifically associated with long COVID, but that wasn't the case."​
tl;dr the 7 symptoms are: fast-beating heart, hair loss, fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath, joint pain, and obesity.

Interesting. Thanks.

I caught Delta in October ‘21 (Had the J&J vax in early ‘2021). Symptoms were very minor, but I did lose my taste and smell. I got it back within a month or so, except for onions. The smell of onions is terrible - like a dirty ashtray. I can smell them from a mile away but dammit I love onions. The taste is mostly fine though.

My family caught covid for the first time early January. The kids were never really sick, but my wife and I had heavy fatigue and respiratory issues. Though we are "better", she still has a rapid heart beat and fatigue and I have just fatigue and shortness of breath like when climbing out of the depths of Grand Central. Both of us are still coughing but I think it's mostly from irritated lungs and throat rather than congestion. I really, really hope this isn't long covid. This sucks.

My family caught covid for the first time early January. The kids were never really sick, but my wife and I had heavy fatigue and respiratory issues. Though we are "better", she still has a rapid heart beat and fatigue and I have just fatigue and shortness of breath like when climbing out of the depths of Grand Central. Both of us are still coughing but I think it's mostly from irritated lungs and throat rather than congestion. I really, really hope this isn't long covid. This sucks.
Sorry to hear that bud.

I was diagnosed for the first time on Jan 1. Wasn't bad at all and was fine within 4 days. 2 days ago I just felt awful out of the blue and I'm still testing positive. The doctor isn't sure if it is leftover from the first time, or she said she has seen a rise in rebound cases. This time has been worse but I'm turning the corner, so the total time will probably be about the same.

Sorry to hear that bud.

I was diagnosed for the first time on Jan 1. Wasn't bad at all and was fine within 4 days. 2 days ago I just felt awful out of the blue and I'm still testing positive. The doctor isn't sure if it is leftover from the first time, or she said she has seen a rise in rebound cases. This time has been worse but I'm turning the corner, so the total time will probably be about the same.
Hang in there buddy! (let's play some L4D)

www.covidlonghaulers.com
I don't know enough to openly challenge this... but at the same time I question it. So many pharmas/labs coming out of the woodworks making claims.

I'd like to see the business model and reimbursement.

If it is legit - more power to you, But that website doesn't portray it to me.

www.covidlonghaulers.com
I don't know enough to openly challenge this... but at the same time I question it. So many pharmas/labs coming out of the woodworks making claims.

I'd like to see the business model and reimbursement.

If it is legit - more power to you, But that website doesn't portray it to me.

Well, considering I've been talking about something along these lines since COVID started, I think I have credibility here but if you choose to be skeptical, that's your choice and privilege.

You're welcome to read any of our peer reviewed papers which have been leading up to this point or wait for the results of our trial.

At any rate, I've been on this board for 20+ years and don't recognize your name.

ETA: Jakey has 5 posts here and no credibility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread