What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for a HDTV (1 Viewer)

Mr.Pack

Footballguy
My 15+yr old 46" SONY Bravia is crapping out and I am in the market for a new hDTV.

I see a couple deals for SONY, TCL, INSIGNIA and LG
I'm looking for your opinions.....

TIA

My 15+yr old 46" SONY Bravia is crapping out and I am in the market for a new hDTV.

I see a couple deals for SONY, TCL, INSIGNIA and LG
I'm looking for your opinions.....

TIA

for a very long time i have been a sony guy. a couple years back, it was time to get a 4k for our family room (main tv). I was between the sony and tcl...maybe a $100 difference. waited it out a bit and got a nice deal with the tcl. no regrets. though i am not sure i would have regretted the sony either.

it was right around this time too.

I saw that one. Honestly I have no clue what the difference is between QLED and OLED.
QLED is back lit and the light is transmitted through layers ("quantum dots" and liquid crystals) to form the image you see. OLED has no back light. Each pixel emits its own light to form the image you see.
This is the technically correct answer.

In layman's terms, Samsung is muddying the waters with their term - and OLED will " look better" than QLED to nearly everyone that's discerning at all.

Thanks for asking the question - I ordered one of these for my parents over the weekend and it's $50 less now than what I paid. I might not have gone back to check!

I saw that one. Honestly I have no clue what the difference is between QLED and OLED.
QLED is back lit and the light is transmitted through layers ("quantum dots" and liquid crystals) to form the image you see. OLED has no back light. Each pixel emits its own light to form the image you see.
This is the technically correct answer.

In layman's terms, Samsung is muddying the waters with their term - and OLED will " look better" than QLED to nearly everyone that's discerning at all.

Thanks for asking the question - I ordered one of these for my parents over the weekend and it's $50 less now than what I paid. I might not have gone back to check!
I went to Best Buy to buy a TV a few months ago. The pictures are outstanding on most TVs today with the latest technology but OLED is the best and it’s apparent immediately when viewing the TVs side by side.

TCL is great... If you like giving your money to the ChiComs. :tinfoilhat:
AND if you like buying a new one every four years. I bought the TCL 6 right before Covid based on the recommendations here. It was the best timing ever. We got locked in, with this new huge TV. It was magnificent. And then a week ago, it crapped out. About a month shy of its 4 year birthday. Screen just shut off and a strong odor of burnt circuits filled my basement.

I'm not bitter about it. I got my money's worth with as much as we watched it during lockdown. But now I'm in the market again. Any deals? I need another deal similar to the TCL. I don't care about the bells and whistles other than a great picture. I also need 75 inches. I'm not opposed to another TCL. I just want another deal like that. Or huge markdown. I'm going to cruise by Best Buy and see if I can grab an open box of something great.

TCL's have a good picture for the ridiculous low price point but they do seem to break down quicker than you would expect.

TCL's have a good picture for the ridiculous low price point but they do seem to break down quicker than you would expect.
I would agree on both counts. 47 months from mine and I'm seriously considering adding another one. Just because it has such a great pic for such little money.

I would agree on both counts. 47 months from mine and I'm seriously considering adding another one. Just because it has such a great pic for such little money.

Yeah - Black Friday deal we got was 55” TCL for $225.
That's what I paid for my 55" TCL last week.
The week of Christmas has a lot of sales that rival Black Friday and then some. Retailers know that their **** ain't moving after Christmas except in an exchange.

I'm going to hit a few Best Buys every day for the next couple weeks and hope that I can find something that was a Christmas gift that is the wrong size or wrong brand or whatever that is returned to the store. I think that's my best option to save some cheddar.Unless someone knows a deal that's running out there.

Yeah - Black Friday deal we got was 55” TCL for $225.

I just realized I had a typo - we got the 65" for $225.

AND if you like buying a new one every four years. I bought the TCL 6 right before Covid based on the recommendations here. It was the best timing ever. We got locked in, with this new huge TV. It was magnificent. And then a week ago, it crapped out. About a month shy of its 4 year birthday. Screen just shut off and a strong odor of burnt circuits filled my basement.

I'm not bitter about it. I got my money's worth with as much as we watched it during lockdown. But now I'm in the market again. Any deals? I need another deal similar to the TCL. I don't care about the bells and whistles other than a great picture. I also need 75 inches. I'm not opposed to another TCL. I just want another deal like that. Or huge markdown. I'm going to cruise by Best Buy and see if I can grab an open box of something great.
Hisense is similar to TCL...the two best bangs for the :moneybag:

@TheFanatic So this Hisense U6k is pretty equivelent to the TCL 6 Series back then. This is Rtings review of it. Going up a class to the U7k is another 250, but might be worth it depending on what you watch. Pretty decent value for the upgrade per Rtings review.

Hisense has really taken over the best picture for the money from TCL, but you really can't go wrong with either for the price. It seems that the Hisense has the better deals right now.

@TheFanatic So this Hisense U6k is pretty equivelent to the TCL 6 Series back then. This is Rtings review of it. Going up a class to the U7k is another 250, but might be worth it depending on what you watch. Pretty decent value for the upgrade per Rtings review.

Hisense has really taken over the best picture for the money from TCL, but you really can't go wrong with either for the price. It seems that the Hisense has the better deals right now.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you

What benefit is going up to the 7? Or maybe I should just go with ignorance is bliss and get the other one.

I have two TCL TVs, one is just over 8 years old and the other is just over 5. The smart TV system on the 8 year old one is a little sluggish these days as I'm sure it lacks the computing power to keep up with app updates, but otherwise both work great.

What benefit is going up to the 7? Or maybe I should just go with ignorance is bliss and get the other one.
HDMI 2.1, 120Hz panel, more local dimming zones, and better color uniformity especially with bright colors.

Samsung has OLED now. I'd like to see how they stack up against top of the line Sony.

All my TVs are Samsung Qled.
That's my main TV - Samsung QLED. It's phenomenal. That being said, I know the LG OLED outclasses it. But I didn't have the cheddar for the LG.

Users who are viewing this thread