What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lost David Johnson, do I spend FAAB money on an RB and for who? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 10-team, 2 QB league. We start QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB/TE, TE, K, DEF.  It's a .5 PPR league. My roster is:

QB: Cousins, Rivers, Palmer, Siemian

RB: Johnson, Ajayi, Riddick, Henry, Rawls

WR: Michael Thomas, Diggs, Tate, R. Matthews

TE: Graham

DEF: Patriots

K: Sturgis

RBs on waiver wire that I've flagged are: James White, C.J. Prosise, Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles, Alvin Kamara, Marlon Mack, DeAndre Washington, Kerwynn Williams, Tarik Cohen, Chris Carson, and Buck Allen. I don't want to spend a ton on FAAB since it's week one and I think I can still pick up someone like James White or Buck Allen cheaper (just knowing my league) that have similar profiles to Cohen. Thoughts on this or do people feel "that" highly about Cohen?

The big thing about Cohen I've said on other posts is that with Hogan out for the Bears, he has the potential to be a top receiving target for them even though he may not get the majority of rushing attempts.  I wouldn't bother grabbing him in a standard scoring league, but I love the potential in ppr.

Like you said though, it is only week one

Who is Hogan? Kevin White is the one that got injured at WR (along with Meredith). In a PPR league, I could see them treating him a lot like Danny Woodhead who basically returns RB2/3 value in PPR. If that's the argument, then for sure it makes sense to pick him up.  James White finished #28 amongst all RBs in scoring in our league, for example. Sproles was #26, and Theo Riddick was #27.

Sorry.  Kevin White is who I meant.  Had Chris Hogan on the mind from a different thread.

And yes, that was my thinking exactly.

I just am trying to figure out how much to spend. Not sure I want to blow my FAAB after 1 week and there are for sure other guys who will come along that return value later in the season when I might need that position filled a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread