What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Loyal Opposition Thread - Clean House 2022 (1 Viewer)

Yep, and they hid it long enough to reach their goal so they don’t care now. 
Most of them had it the other day as well...it just wasn't high enough on the page for some apparently.  This claim they have not covered it has been proven false.  They have...they still are.

Most of them had it the other day as well...it just wasn't high enough on the page for some apparently.  This claim they have not covered it has been proven false.  They have...they still are.
He wants it to be the #1 story. Ahead of impeachment. Because to @GoBirds all of these issues, involving life or death are apparently a game in which he wants to crush the libs. 

banning assault weapons

I don't see how this is coming after your guns. 
You don't? I might even be for this, but I'll at least admit the honest truth and say that yes, banning assault weapons means "coming after your guns." What else would it be?

Words mean things, as you guys like to say. Like when we prescribe an action, then that which follows which is a direct result of the action means the action was intended to do just that.

You don't? I might even be for this, but I'll at least admit the honest truth and say that yes, banning assault weapons means "coming after your guns." What else would it be?

Words mean things, as you guys like to say. Like when we prescribe an action, then that which follows which is a direct result of the action means the action was intended to do just that.
Ok makes sense from that point of view. As someone who isn't a gun guy I'm really curious because assault weapons being banned seems like a no brainer.  Not sure why anyone needs an assault weapon or high capacity magazines.  Whats the rational use case for that type of gun?  Why should the Joe Schmo have access to that type of weapon? 

Edit to add....me not being a gun guy means I have no experience with guns.  I don't believe all guns should be banned.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok makes sense from that point of view. As someone who isn't a gun guy I'm really curious because assault weapons being banned seems like a no brainer.  Not sure why anyone needs an assault weapon or high capacity magazines.  Whats the rational use case for that type of gun?  Why should the Joe Schmo have access to that type of 
Not sure why anyone needs a car that can exceed the speed limit. Why should Joe Schmo have access to a car that can do 200 miles per hour?  

Ok makes sense from that point of view. As someone who isn't a gun guy I'm really curious because assault weapons being banned seems like a no brainer.  Not sure why anyone needs an assault weapon or high capacity magazines.  Whats the rational use case for that type of gun?  Why should the Joe Schmo have access to that type of weapon? 
To form a well-regulated militia, in the actual words of the Second Amendment. It seems almost textually okay by the text of the amendment. Whether or not this is what the amendment intended or how the militia is supposed to be within the law is another thing entirely, and something I'm not a legal expert on. But the text is clear, despite all the hollering to the contrary. It's to form necessary militias.

• Thanks
Reactions: Neo
And I agree with you, Neo, about the rational use case for having these guns. I don't see one given the size and scope of our military. The only use for these guns is to kill a lot of things at once, and you're still not beating a nuclear military.

• Smile
Reactions: Neo

An assault weapons ban would have no effect on those already owned so I’m not sure about the logic here. 

An assault weapons ban would have no effect on those already owned so I’m not sure about the logic here. 
That's absolutely not necessarily true and any steps to ban assault rifles will prompt either a run on them or mandatory buyback legislation push.

"Coming after your guns" is also a euphemism for "abridging your right to own one." They've become nearly synonymous. Context plus meaning equals actuality.

Analogies.  Have you heard of and do you understand those?  Probably not.
Its not a very good analogy.  And they have zero relation (and Im sure plenty would be fine with limiting the top end speed of cars).

But the ability for a car to go 200mph...has literally nothing to do with whether or not someone needs or should have access to assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

Do you think background checks, and banning assault weapons and high capacity magazines are a bad thing? Honest question.  I don't see how this is coming after your guns. 
The second amendment is needed now more than ever.  I was never a huge gun proponent.  Now we have a President holed up in Washington protected by thousands of soldiers, left wing media talking about drone strikes against Americans.  Times have changed in the last month.  

Its not a very good analogy.  And they have zero relation (and Im sure plenty would be fine with limiting the top end speed of cars).

But the ability for a car to go 200mph...has literally nothing to do with whether or not someone needs or should have access to assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
It was a good analogy.  You asked a poor question

Premise confirmed.

The second amendment is needed now more than ever.  I was never a huge gun proponent.  Now we have a President holed up in Washington protected by thousands of soldiers, left wing media talking about drone strikes against Americans.  Times have changed in the last month.  
The second amendment is not going away.

Nobody is really talking bout drone strikes against Americans...you should really not spread such misinformation.

And what does Biden being in DC...plus the Guard being there (because of threats) have to do with the need for the 2nd Amendment more than ever?  Are you insinuating a need for weapons against those soldiers protecting he and congress from threats?

Times changed because of what?  An attack on the capitol...not some threat against the 2nd Amendment.

Neo said:

Edit to add....me not being a gun guy means I have no experience with guns.  I don't believe all guns should be banned.  
Assault  weapons are banned.    They are illegal.   You can't own them.    

Its not occupation...its being discussed by the NSC (if you look through the actual emails and message not what the rep decided to talk to fox and friends about and then breitbart took the fox and friends story and opined on it too).  And lets not forget they are there because of the actions of Trump and his rally of supporters that decided to become a security risk to congress and others in DC.

"If it’s not possible to sustain at the current level with NG personnel, we need to establish the number of NG personnel (DCNG and out-of-state) we can sustain for an extended period – at least through Fall 2021 – and understand additional options for providing DoD support, to include use of reserve personnel, as well as active component."
On Thursday night during a virtual town hall, Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton was asked by DC residents how long the National Guard will stay in DC and how long fencing will stay put, but no straight answers were given from speakers.

Norton told FOX 5 DC she is fine with the troops staying longer to protect the nation’s capital if there is a continued ongoing threat. She prefers the National Guard over fencing.

"We want to depend on state of the art intelligence, not fencing, and National Guard is part of the state of the art intelligence. It’s human beings, not 19th century fencing – the king of fencing we’ve been using for 10,000 years," said Norton.

Its not occupation...its being discussed by the NSC (if you look through the actual emails and message not what the rep decided to talk to fox and friends about and then breitbart took the fox and friends story and opined on it too).  And lets not forget they are there because of the actions of Trump and his rally of supporters that decided to become a security risk to congress and others in DC.
The people that went to the Capitol on 1/6 were not armed?   They left within hours.  As a result there will be a military occupation and fortification of Washington DC for at least 9 months?   That doesn’t concern you?

The militarization of D.C. very much concerns me, and I think I've been really clear about what I think about both Trump and the insurrection/riot on 1/6. I remember being in D.C. post-9/11 and seeing tanks line the streets. So it's happened before, but it is scary and Orwellian/totalitarian when it does. People should be able to visit the Capitol or hang out on the Mall unrestrained. This is a terrible look for the Democratic Party, and I happen to agree with the pro-Trump people on the board on this one. Demilitarize the zone. Now.

The people that went to the Capitol on 1/6 were not armed?   They left within hours.  As a result there will be a military occupation and fortification of Washington DC for at least 9 months?   That doesn’t concern you?
Some were armed.  Some had arms with them in DC yes.  There was still a threat...including through the inauguration.

It is not an occupation...please stop misusing that word.

At least 9 months...first off, it does not say they are staying, but may stay.  Right now most will be gone by March I believe.  And I will defer to the National Security Council over the opinions of Breitbart and their readers.

It concerns me if the NSC determines there is reason to have them there.  That there is still enough of a threat to have them there.  It would concern me if the fencing and walls would remain there...that there was enough of a threat to need that.

I have zero concern that it is some type of occupying force.

Some were armed.  Some had arms with them in DC yes.  There was still a threat...including through the inauguration.

It is not an occupation...please stop misusing that word.

At least 9 months...first off, it does not say they are staying, but may stay.  Right now most will be gone by March I believe.  And I will defer to the National Security Council over the opinions of Breitbart and their readers.

It concerns me if the NSC determines there is reason to have them there.  That there is still enough of a threat to have them there.  It would concern me if the fencing and walls would remain there...that there was enough of a threat to need that.

I have zero concern that it is some type of occupying force.
Just like clockwork, here you are to defend anything the Libs do no matter how ridiculous. So predictable.  :popcorn:

Come on man, be better. 

Just like clockwork, here you are to defend anything the Libs do no matter how ridiculous. So predictable.  :popcorn:

Come on man, be better. 
Libs...how is it a liberal issue? Its being based on the NSC.

But yes...rather than discuss that...bash me then complain about people being better.

But yes...rather than discuss that...bash me then complain about people being better.
Just saying man, we know what you are going to post before you post it....does it have to be every thread? We get it. No ones bashing , just asking to be better. TIA. 

Not everyone can be as unpredictable and free thinking as you. 
But then @sho nuff gives this a laugh.  Just further proves he's here to troll people that disagree with him and not have discussions.  In.  Every.  Single.   Thread.

And no I don't have a Washington Post link to back that statement up

Users who are viewing this thread