What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M. Bennett injury? anyone got the scoop? (1 Viewer)

FWIW:

Aug 30 According to Vikings head coach Mike Tice, Bennett will not play in the team's regular-season opener against the Dallas Cowboys, due to a second-degree sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee. However, the running back, who suffered the injury in last Friday's exhibition game, should be available for a Week 2 matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles. With Onterrio Smith serving a four-game suspension, Moe Williams will get the starting nod for Minnesota.

FWIW:

Aug 30 According to Vikings head coach Mike Tice, Bennett will not play in the team's regular-season opener against the Dallas Cowboys, due to a second-degree sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee. However, the running back, who suffered the injury in last Friday's exhibition game, should be available for a Week 2 matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles. With Onterrio Smith serving a four-game suspension, Moe Williams will get the starting nod for Minnesota.
Thanks for the update, J. :thumbup: That's good news -- seems that the sprain is only slightly less serious. Still, I'm not going to hold my breath that Bennett will actually be back that game. I know it's a Monday nighter, and Bennett will most likely be itching to get back, but if there is any soreness in his knee that week, the team would most likely be best served letting him rest it against a pretty stout defensive front seven -- maybe, as others noted, through the bye in Week 4.

With some options left to back Bennett up, and a very good O line to pull and block, I think they will ensure Bennett is absolutely 100% in order to avoid reaggravating the injury or have him mess something else up playing at less than perfect health.

I guess it all comes down to how Moe and Moore work out in Bennett and Onterrio's absence. If they aren't getting hte job done, then Bennett may indeed be back before his knee is 100%

Here in another article which states that Bennett is hoping for a week 2 return.

In good hands Michael Rand,  Star Tribune August 31, 2004 VIKE0831   The starting running back is injured. The guy next in line is out, too. A promising rookie drafted in the fourth round is pushing for a chance, but he still is too raw to jump into the starting lineup............Bennett, who spoke with reporters Monday for the first time since the injury, is targeting his return for Week 2 at Philadelphia. While missing the opener is hardly ideal, Bennett said, it could be worse. What if he missed half the season like last year? And what if there were no Moe? "Moe is the coach. There's [running backs coach] Dean Dalton, then Moe Williams," Bennett said. "As long as we have Moe, we'll be fine. He's been around eight years. He's a true, proven veteran. You're really happy you have a guy like that on your team."Smith is appealing a suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy and is expected to miss the first four regular-season games....."
article in star tribune

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread