What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (3 Viewers)

Forgot all about Duck telling Pete he could have a job in Wichita in S7 and Pete responding by asking him if he had anything back here on Earth.

I've been watching the marathon for 8 hours now, drinking bourbon and distracted with work, but I think I'm in for the stretch run. Draper dominating that girl in the red dress at the hotel hooked me. He is the definition of manliness.

I didn't realize how much I hated Megan until I watched all of these back to back. Now when she comes on the screen I want to flip the channel off.

I imagine in the future I'll re-watch a lot of seasons 1-4 and pass on any of the Megan years.

I didn't realize how much I hated Megan until I watched all of these back to back. Now when she comes on the screen I want to flip the channel off.

I imagine in the future I'll re-watch a lot of seasons 1-4 and pass on any of the Megan years.
Betty was a #####, but re-watching season 1 makes you realize how great that family dynamic was for the show. Megan/divorce years weren't as good. I can't believe how much I forgot from season 1 though and how many things from earlier seasons are connected to the later ones.

Betty was a #####, but re-watching season 1 makes you realize how great that family dynamic was for the show. Megan/divorce years weren't as good. I can't believe how much I forgot from season 1 though and how many things from earlier seasons are connected to the later ones.
Had the same experience rewatching Season 1 for the first time.

And I think January Jones got a bad rap.

Been watching way too much of the marathon over the last several days. Some observations.

1. Let me preface this by saying I am a long-time Betty hater. I began watching the show in Season 5 on Netflix to catch up and skipped a number of episodes that were Betty-centric. I actually saw a few of those for the first time this week. After last week's show and re-watching some of the entire run, I think January Jones has done epic work that will be recognized in years to come. One of the problems for Betty is she's always in Don's shadow, even during the years she's married to Henry. In every scene she plays you feel Don looking over her shoulder, even the scenes that Don's in. Betty is boring, conniving, Grace Kelly gorgeous, horrible, sympathetic, weird, mean, hot, fat, vibrant, radiant and (likely in this week's show) dead. She was so mixed up in an era in which the social blender was on Max Hi. Cheers for Betty.

2. If I could choose a wife among the show's enormous offerings, I'd choose Dr. Faye. Loyal, smart, beautiful. She's the one. She's also moral. She wouldn't reveal confidential information to Don about Heinz, until she did, but that was because Don is essentially super-human in bending people to his will. You know if any other Madison Avenue schmuck tried that ####, she'd just turn on her heels and walk on down the hall.

3. F'n Roger! Makes the show for me. If he wasn't it it, I wouldn't watch. I saw the "second firing of Burt Peterson" last night. One of my favorite scenes in the show. "Dammit, Burt, you stole my goodbye." *Waves hand towards the door.* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXiaSovLtEY

4. Pete is bad, though I like him. He dies tonight. My one prediction, sure to be wrong.

5. Anyone who "hated" last week's episode does not understand the rudiments of fiction. It was brilliant and I hope tonight's show is just as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody doing a theme party? :bag:

No dressing up but food. Homemade chocolate chip cookies, ham and cheese sandwiches, shrimp cocktails and of course old fashioneds. :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:

you'll miss all the great Marie scenes.

How much money would it take for you guys to not watch the finale until exactly one year from today? For this exercise, assume that you will somehow miraculously not hear or see any spoilers until that time. I'd do it for $5k.

The check couldn't have been big enough for me to skip the Sopranos series finale. And then it went and pooped all over the place.

How much money would it take for you guys to not watch the finale until exactly one year from today? For this exercise, assume that you will somehow miraculously not hear or see any spoilers until that time. I'd do it for $5k.
Hmm. Been waiting for this for a long long time. Not sure how much, but definitely more than 5k.

Predict pantherclub's post after the show:

"OMG, you call that a finale? Pure GARBAGE. Embarrassing. Days of our Lives was 100x better!"

Re-watching "The Strategy", I rethink my criticisms of the Don and Peggy scene. It was sincere and touching.

And now one of my favorite scenes, Peggy, Don and Pete at Burger Chef. Pete with ketchup on his cheek :lol: :lol:

F***, I am going to miss this show :cry:

10 k to not watch it

25 k to not read Sepeinwall's take

Maybe Don didn't help him as much as he could have, but Mathis is a real crybaby. Comes across like a 2015-era entitled d-bag. He tried to be Don, and failed. Own up to it, #####

I want to know if Don will ever be with the times again. Once 1965 passed, he was out of date. That slicked back hair is not hip. Will we see Don being with the times this last episode?

I want to know if Don will ever be with the times again. Once 1965 passed, he was out of date. That slicked back hair is not hip. Will we see Don being with the times this last episode?
Don wearing blue dress shirts was too much for me. I hope we don't go any further.

Users who are viewing this thread