What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Magnum P.I. reboot (1 Viewer)

Just watched it - I was expecting it to be terrible.  It was great.  It did a great job of combining the action, drama, humor, and schtick of the original.  Plus, it was named after the greatest line in the entire original series.  That, and hearing the theme at the right time, took me right back.

TC is great. Rick is Rick.  She-Higgins is good and quite attractive to boot.  Zeus and Apollo haven't aged a bit. And new Magnum is going to pull it off.  He's got the charm and kindness and modesty and wit.  

The only downside was that it did what most shows do, which is blatantly introduce the characters' backgrounds in the first show.  But there are going to be new viewers who don't know everyone already, so I get it.  Also, the sexual chemistry between Higgins and Magnum is too strong for the beginning.  They need to keep that going for another 5 seasons.

Looking forward to next week already.

Im really high now, but reading 2 car nerds geek out on one another about vehicles used on vintage tv shows is really putting a smile on my face. 

I love that the internet let's stuff like that happen. 

Just watched it - I was expecting it to be terrible.  It was great.  It did a great job of combining the action, drama, humor, and schtick of the original.  Plus, it was named after the greatest line in the entire original series.  That, and hearing the theme at the right time, took me right back.

TC is great. Rick is Rick.  She-Higgins is good and quite attractive to boot.  Zeus and Apollo haven't aged a bit. And new Magnum is going to pull it off.  He's got the charm and kindness and modesty and wit.  

The only downside was that it did what most shows do, which is blatantly introduce the characters' backgrounds in the first show.  But there are going to be new viewers who don't know everyone already, so I get it.  Also, the sexual chemistry between Higgins and Magnum is too strong for the beginning.  They need to keep that going for another 5 seasons.

Looking forward to next week already.
same as the original then

I really hope that the sexual tension between Magnum and Higgins is something they did to sell CBS on the pilot and they never go anywhere with it. IMO, it really screws up the dynamic those two should have. She helped him out with this because she’s a good person and it was his friend, but normally she would think of him and his antics as a thorn in her side. Eventually they would grow to respect and care for each other, but starting out she should care more for the lads than Magnum.

Users who are viewing this thread