What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mail Order Meats - Wild Fork ...anybody ever ordered from them? How was it? (1 Viewer)

Thinking of getting some lamb and game meat and have been looking around the webs. Wild Fork seems to have fairly decent prices and good reviews from what I can tell.

Any of youse guys ever order from there? How was it?

Just thought I would ask before dropping a chunk of change there.

I've used it. No complaints from me. It's good value and selection, and everything I've gotten has been as advertised. I will continue using it for some of the harder to find stuff.
I paid for the one year membership that covers shipping. It was about $30, but ended up more than paying for itself.

I've used it. No complaints from me. It's good value and selection, and everything I've gotten has been as advertised. I will continue using it for some of the harder to find stuff.
I paid for the one year membership that covers shipping. It was about $30, but ended up more than paying for itself.

thanks - that's kind of where I'm headed, the prices seem more than competitive - not really looking to get regular stuff that is at the grocery store.

thanks - that's kind of where I'm headed, the prices seem more than competitive - not really looking to get regular stuff that is at the grocery store.
First, let me say I am not knocking, and actually I might dip in for some exotics, but is there not a butcher shop/farm shop near you?

Anyway, Bison, Ostrich? Oh yes. Bison chili sounds like a plan to me.

First, let me say I am not knocking, and actually I might dip in for some exotics, but is there not a butcher shop/farm shop near you?

Anyway, Bison, Ostrich? Oh yes. Bison chili sounds like a plan to me.

it's crazy ...we really don't - at least in a traditional sense - and no fish monger (Little Rock, Arkansas)

best place for better and a little more unusual cuts (ex. lamb) is Fresh Market, an upper scale small grocery store chain) or Costco

there is one little place that is a way over-priced fru-fru tiny place that makes damn good sausages and has some very upper-tier steaks. Fun place to go in for a specialty sandwich or fun treat - but if you want their homemade jalapeno sausage - $20/lb ...lamb sausage? ...$30/lb.

ETA: yeah, I don't care how good your homemade dried spanish chorizo is - I ain't payin' $50/lb. for it pal ...

Last edited:
I've ordered twice, got picanha both times. The first time was great, the second time it was like 2lbs and it was supposed be 5-8bs, not big enough for the family.

did you contact them - seems like they would make it right.
It was sorry that's all we have. I mean they only charged for the 2lb one so nothing to really complaining about other than it was tiny.

I get stuff from Wild Fork all the time. We started using them in 2020. Their Prime and Wagyu in particular is very good value. Prime beef briskest and full plate ribs are fantastic. Their ducks are good and reasonably priced. One of the few places that sells un-gassed tuna. Very happy with them.

thanks Ron - we love tuna and I had never heard of the gassing process :bag: ...I really should have. Have you tried the sashimi quality block of tuna?

appreciate the input here - also have you tried just the duck breasts rather than the whole duck?

Wow.

I don't know how to tell you this, but you've got a little hipster infestation down there in Little Rock.

oh yeah, they're cleaning up too ...

and they got the whole look down with the big beards n' beanies

their name? H.A.M. ...Hillcrest Artisan Meats

Hillcrest is the "old money" neighborhood in town where 1940s craftsman/prairie style homes go for 3-4x the SF price of other homes in nice areas.

We have a brick and mortar wild fork. I was hesitant. Then I went to the store, and was wtf? EVERYTHING is frozen. Then we bought a bunch of stuff. It was awesome. Definitely recommend.

jealous.
We’ve tried almost all of their game meats. Haven’t done the ostrich yet. it’s ground meat, so how different could it be? :shrug: venison backstrap and the little smoked duck breasts are awesome.

We have a brick and mortar wild fork. I was hesitant. Then I went to the store, and was wtf? EVERYTHING is frozen. Then we bought a bunch of stuff. It was awesome. Definitely recommend.

jealous.
We’ve tried almost all of their game meats. Haven’t done the ostrich yet. it’s ground meat, so how different could it be? :shrug: venison backstrap and the little smoked duck breasts are awesome.
I'm glad you posted this. I didn't know this site had brick and mortar stores too. Plugged in my zip code and there's one just 15 minutes from me, right near one of my favorite liquor stores. Win win

I get stuff from Wild Fork all the time. We started using them in 2020. Their Prime and Wagyu in particular is very good value. Prime beef briskest and full plate ribs are fantastic. Their ducks are good and reasonably priced. One of the few places that sells un-gassed tuna. Very happy with them.

thanks Ron - we love tuna and I had never heard of the gassing process :bag: ...I really should have. Have you tried the sashimi quality block of tuna?

appreciate the input here - also have you tried just the duck breasts rather than the whole duck?
I've had mixed results with their saku blocks. Some have been fantastic, others not so much. Never tried the duck breasts. I like to buy the whole duck and break it down for confit, cracklins, stock, fried breast nuggets, etc.

I've had mixed results with their saku blocks. Some have been fantastic, others not so much. Never tried the duck breasts. I like to buy the whole duck and break it down for confit, cracklins, stock, fried breast nuggets, etc.
drool

A5 WAGYU BEEF RIBEYE $129.98/LB.
No thanks. A local supermarket has extra thick ribeyes between $7.99/lb. and $9.99/lb. every 3rd week or so and since I've learned to cook them right they're almost melty.

I'll check out the other stuff

A5 WAGYU BEEF RIBEYE $129.98/LB.
No thanks. A local supermarket has extra thick ribeyes between $7.99/lb. and $9.99/lb. every 3rd week or so and since I've learned to cook them right they're almost melty.

I'll check out the other stuff
I hear you. I'm just gonna toss this out there though: I recently got some A5 Wagyu ribeye from a high-quality butcher shop (IIRC it was about that price per pound and my BIL and I had some winnings from a golf tournament so we splurged for a family cookout) and it was shockingly better than normal meat. Now, I'm not about to pay that kind of money on a regular basis, but I do suggest you try the expensive stuff at least once.

The only downside is now my 7-year-old son thinks that's "normal" steak for a regular Sunday grill session. Twice since he's asked of he can "also have that other meat from [BIL's house]." 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Agreed. Bought some baby back ribs and some lamb chops from our B&M store. Both were excellent. Granted, I also prepared them expertly....

I hear you. I'm just gonna toss this out there though: I recently got some A5 Wagyu ribeye from a high-quality butcher shop (IIRC it was about that price per pound and my BIL and I had some winnings from a golf tournament so we splurged for a family cookout) and it was shockingly better than normal meat. Now, I'm not about to pay that kind of money on a regular basis, but I do suggest you try the expensive stuff at least once.
Thanks. I will, during one of those fleeting times of plenty. I'm just glad I can get such very good ribeye so cheaply from a local supermarket. There are numerous other supermarkets in town, they're all more expensive, and their ribeye isn't as good.

But I'll try the Wagyu when I can.

Reactions: Zow
Was just about to post the same thing although I've yet to go. Gonna wait for summer to go grab some steaks or premium burgers or something.

Users who are viewing this thread