What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Makes No Sense? RB Tatum Bell (1 Viewer)

What Happens to Bell?

• Will be a Bronco next year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will be traded to another team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nerangers

Footballguy
Broncos | Team may think about dealing T. Bell?

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 06:36:44 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, speculates the Denver Broncos might consider trading RB Tatum Bell, if they are totally comfortable with their running back situation without him and they could receive what they consider proper compensation for him. Denver's only experienced running backs are Bell and RB Ron Dayne, who hasn't re-signed. If Dayne re-signs, he will get a chance to start.

If they cut Anderson, and trade Bell, that only leaves Dayne doesn't it?

Discuss your thoughts on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
what this tells me is that denver is pretty sure bell can't handle the featured role and are trying to get rid of him now while his value is still fairly high. Also the broncos have had success with several different rbs and not only is the rb draft crop deep but the fa pool for rbs is good as well

Would be awesome to see Ron Dayne starting for a whole season in Denver. I think he would do really well. He has a lot more talent than Mike Anderson, Rueben Droughns or Orlandis Gary.

Tater Bell is a nice change of pace back but nothing more. I gaurantee if he plays for a team other than Denver, you will never hear from him again.

I'm not as high on Bell as I once was, but without knowing what Denver feels would be "proper compensation," I don't think he'll be traded.

Hypothetically, "IF" Bell was traded prior to the draft, Maroney at 1.22 or 1.29 could raise some interest.

I don't think it happens.

Given that nobody has really seen what Bell can do except for spot duty, I doubt any GM would be willing to Pony Up a draft pick(s) that Shanny would accept.

I am just speculating. Maybe they have a deal already worked out with somone on teh FA market. This with Dayne and a they pick up a rb in the draft. Who knows with Shanny

Houston seems a likely destination. But I think they keep him.
:confused:
Well I meant the Texans being their coach is from the Broncos.........................Sorry to confuse you, thought you might pick up on it.
I think the :confused: referred to the fact Houston already has Dom Davis and Jonathan Wells, and looks set to take Bush. RB should be the last position they trade a draft pick for.

Well I meant the Texans being their coach is from the Broncos.........................Sorry to confuse you, thought you might pick up on it.
I think the :confused: referred to the fact Houston already has Dom Davis and Jonathan Wells, and looks set to take Bush. RB should be the last position they trade a draft pick for.
My bad. I doubt they take Bush (I would bet they trade down). I also heard they weren't happy with Dom or Wells.

I am just speculating. Maybe they have a deal already worked out with somone on teh FA market. This with Dayne and a they pick up a rb in the draft. Who knows with Shanny
That is really interesting. I was suprised about Anderson being released, now this? I'm in the minority who acatually thinks Dayne can do it, but what if Denver lands an Alexander or Edge? Wow.

lol @ Dayne

one can only hope that he looks to be the starter going into the preseason, it will be enjoyable watching people waste a fantasy draft pick on him.

lol @ Dayne

one can only hope that he looks to be the starter going into the preseason, it will be enjoyable watching people waste a fantasy draft pick on him.
dayne doesn't equal a wasted pick....depending on your draft it could be severly overrated (if i was in it :homer: ) or underrated pick; but he could put up boderline RB#1 #'s.

lol @ Dayne

dayne doesn't equal a wasted pick....depending on your draft it could be severly overrated (if i was in it :homer: ) or underrated pick; but he could put up boderline RB#1 #'s.
only if it's a 48 team league

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, speculates the Denver Broncos might consider trading RB Tatum Bell, if they are totally comfortable with their running back situation without him and they could receive what they consider proper compensation for him. Denver's only experienced running backs are Bell and RB Ron Dayne, who hasn't re-signed. If Dayne re-signs, he will get a chance to start.

The key to this is "speculate". Now let's play along for a minute. If the Broncos were serious about cutting Anderson and they felt Bell wasn't a viable starter or contributor and that Dayne can and will be the man then I would say put down the pipe, move back a few steps from the edge and take your meds.Let's break this down.

Anderson: Why would the Broncos cut him outside of the CBA issues? I can't think of any reason that makes much sense.

Bell: This is the wildcard to me because I have felt that he is clearly the most talented of the Bronco backs and yet he has never been given the opportunity to show he can carry the load. Granted there are injury concerns and he's yet to remain healthy a complete season. But to not give a chance to carry the load is the part I find most puzzeling. If I have this guy i want to see what I ahve in him. Certainly I want to do so before any discussion of a trade comes into play.

Dayne: Exactly what has he done to suggest he can carry the load? In 638 career carries, of which 585 wher with the Giants for a whopping 3.7 YPC we are talking about 53 attempts to base a judgement on. That's not enough to cut Anderson and trade Bell and feel good about.

I realize Shanny has been difficult to understand when it comes to his backs but even this is too much for Shanny. Even he's not that dumb.

Trading Bell and drafting another guy is not something that would surprise me but I do not feel they head into camp with the idea Dayne will be the man. Allowing reporters to speculate like this is causing more than a few FF owners to have heart failure so I suggest waiting a bit and listening to what the Broncos are saying.

I see Kevan Barlow written all over this one. S.F. either drops him or Denver offers a trade. :rolleyes: :unsure:
Shanny thought Barlow was one of the best RBs in that draft...do you really think he still thinks that?I think this is just to see if there is interest in Bell prior to the draft, if not interest, then he stays put.

Code:
Shanahan Suspended For One YearClipped from Denver Post article by Don Key, 3-5-06.An NFL policy change implementing drug testing for NFL coaches that went mostly unnoticed last month will have a major impact in Denver this year.  Bronco’s Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach Mike Shanahan has been suspended for attempting to circumvent a drug test.  According to an unnamed league source, Shanahan was caught red-handed using The Original Whizzinator during a recent drug test.  The anonymous league source said, “Attempting to pass off Ron Dayne as an NFL caliber running back is bad enough, but a Caucasian coach using the orange Donkey [Whizzinator] model for an official drug test won’t fly here guy.”  Obviously the recent concerns about Shanahan’s ego and sanity haven’t been exaggerated.  Commissioner Paul Tagliabue offered the following comment from his office in New York.  “As I stated before House Government Reform Committee, we don't feel that there is rampant cheating in our sport and we can police our own sport better than a uniform standard.  We are very concerned with the integrity of our league and running a cleaning operation.  NFL coaches are role models that children look up to and the activities going on in Denver were indeed very troubling.  We first suspected a potential problem in the Denver organization when they unveiled the implementation of the Erie Coast Defense.  Suspicions grew that something was further amiss with the Clarett selection in the 3rd round of the NFL draft.  Once Denver traded a future draft pick and a player for an overweight individual with known drug connections posing as a punter, we knew that swift and decisive action was necessary.”  When asked if this was a widespread problem throughout the league, the commissioner declined to comment if any other investigations were under way.When contacted via phone at his Rocky Mountain high retreat, Shanahan denied the use of any hallucinations and offered the following.  “History has repeatedly shown a public prejudice towards geniuses and seen them unfairly persecuted.  My success as leader, in an atmosphere of great pressure and expectations, has left a lasting legacy comparable to the likes of Lombardi, Noll, and Shula.”  When asked about the Whizzinator, Shanahan said, “It’s a travesty that some people in this world only see things in either orange or white.  First the NFL issues a game day dress code mandating team apparel and then turns around and finds fault with some prosthetic pride in the pants.  Total hypocrisy, I fully expect to be vindicated during the appeal process”Our View: Few coaches in the NFL annals have spearheaded the type of dramatic achievement Shanahan has produced over the last decade.  Not only is this a major blow to the Denver organization, they obviously will be scrambling to find a coach this late in the year.  While this scandal has been thoroughly beaten in length, the breadth of the scandal has barely been scratched, so it’s unlikely that a replacement will come from within the organizational ranks.  From a fantasy perspective, there’s been a huge collective sigh of relief and cheers from the fantasy community as deciphering double speak Sunday morning before lineups are due may become a thing of the past.

Code:
Shanahan Suspended For One YearClipped from Denver Post article by Don Key, 3-5-06.An NFL policy change implementing drug testing for NFL coaches that went mostly unnoticed last month will have a major impact in Denver this year.  Bronco’s Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach Mike Shanahan has been suspended for attempting to circumvent a drug test.  According to an unnamed league source, Shanahan was caught red-handed using The Original Whizzinator during a recent drug test.  The anonymous league source said, “Attempting to pass off Ron Dayne as an NFL caliber running back is bad enough, but a Caucasian coach using the orange Donkey [Whizzinator] model for an official drug test won’t fly here guy.”  Obviously the recent concerns about Shanahan’s ego and sanity haven’t been exaggerated.  Commissioner Paul Tagliabue offered the following comment from his office in New York.  “As I stated before House Government Reform Committee, we don't feel that there is rampant cheating in our sport and we can police our own sport better than a uniform standard.  We are very concerned with the integrity of our league and running a cleaning operation.  NFL coaches are role models that children look up to and the activities going on in Denver were indeed very troubling.  We first suspected a potential problem in the Denver organization when they unveiled the implementation of the Erie Coast Defense.  Suspicions grew that something was further amiss with the Clarett selection in the 3rd round of the NFL draft.  Once Denver traded a future draft pick and a player for an overweight individual with known drug connections posing as a punter, we knew that swift and decisive action was necessary.”  When asked if this was a widespread problem throughout the league, the commissioner declined to comment if any other investigations were under way.When contacted via phone at his Rocky Mountain high retreat, Shanahan denied the use of any hallucinations and offered the following.  “History has repeatedly shown a public prejudice towards geniuses and seen them unfairly persecuted.  My success as leader, in an atmosphere of great pressure and expectations, has left a lasting legacy comparable to the likes of Lombardi, Noll, and Shula.”  When asked about the Whizzinator, Shanahan said, “It’s a travesty that some people in this world only see things in either orange or white.  First the NFL issues a game day dress code mandating team apparel and then turns around and finds fault with some prosthetic pride in the pants.  Total hypocrisy, I fully expect to be vindicated during the appeal process”Our View: Few coaches in the NFL annals have spearheaded the type of dramatic achievement Shanahan has produced over the last decade.  Not only is this a major blow to the Denver organization, they obviously will be scrambling to find a coach this late in the year.  While this scandal has been thoroughly beaten in length, the breadth of the scandal has barely been scratched, so it’s unlikely that a replacement will come from within the organizational ranks.  From a fantasy perspective, there’s been a huge collective sigh of relief and cheers from the fantasy community as deciphering double speak Sunday morning before lineups are due may become a thing of the past.
:P

I see Kevan Barlow written all over this one. S.F. either drops him or Denver offers a trade. :rolleyes:   :unsure:
Shanny thought Barlow was one of the best RBs in that draft...do you really think he still thinks that?I think this is just to see if there is interest in Bell prior to the draft, if not interest, then he stays put.
He could probably get Barlow cheap. Anybody could run behind that O-line. S.F. not just Barlow blowed hard last year.

Family Matters wrote:

Bell: This is the wildcard to me because I have felt that he is clearly the most talented of the Bronco backs and yet he has never been given the opportunity to show he can carry the load.
If by "most talented" you mean can't block, comes down easily with arm tackles and a poor interior runner, I agree with you. He is Denver's most talented back.

My bad. I doubt they take Bush (I would bet they trade down). I also heard they weren't happy with Dom or Wells.
Thank you. That is exactly what I meant. I was referring to the fact that it would be completely stupid for Houston to trade for Bell with Dom Davis and Bush probably in the same back field. Sorry to confuse you, I thought you would have picked up that it would be a stupid move.

The key to this is "speculate". Now let's play along for a minute. If the Broncos were serious about cutting Anderson and they felt Bell wasn't a viable starter or contributor and that Dayne can and will be the man then I would say put down the pipe, move back a few steps from the edge and take your meds.Let's break this down.

Anderson: Why would the Broncos cut him outside of the CBA issues? I can't think of any reason that makes much sense.

Bell: This is the wildcard to me because I have felt that he is clearly the most talented of the Bronco backs and yet he has never been given the opportunity to show he can carry the load. Granted there are injury concerns and he's yet to remain healthy a complete season. But to not give a chance to carry the load is the part I find most puzzeling. If I have this guy i want to see what I ahve in him. Certainly I want to do so before any discussion of a trade comes into play.

Dayne: Exactly what has he done to suggest he can carry the load? In 638 career carries, of which 585 wher with the Giants for a whopping 3.7 YPC we are talking about 53 attempts to base a judgement on. That's not enough to cut Anderson and trade Bell and feel good about.

I realize Shanny has been difficult to understand when it comes to his backs but even this is too much for Shanny. Even he's not that dumb.

Trading Bell and drafting another guy is not something that would surprise me but I do not feel they head into camp with the idea Dayne will be the man. Allowing reporters to speculate like this is causing more than a few FF owners to have heart failure so I suggest waiting a bit and listening to what the Broncos are saying.
Hmmm, lets see what we can piece together. The Denver Post states that Denver is interested in Ricky Williams....Denver TV breaks the story that Ricky tested positive. Obviously, leak came from the Broncos......We now know Ricky did not test positive for steriods or pot, but an herb....Denver Post now speculates that the Broncos may trade Bell, right after they cut Anderson.Is it possible that the Broncos, who know Ricky's drug results, want to drive down his trade value (and Ricky's leverage in getting a higher contract) knowing full well he has a chance to beat the rap.

The strategy makes sense to me, the Bronco's would have nothing to lose by releasing the information in that if he doesn't win his appeal, nobody gets him and if he does win there would be much less of a market for Ricky after this incidence.

Family Matters wrote:

Bell: This is the wildcard to me because I have felt that he is clearly the most talented of the Bronco backs and yet he has never been given the opportunity to show he can carry the load.
If by "most talented" you mean can't block, comes down easily with arm tackles and a poor interior runner, I agree with you. He is Denver's most talented back.
I'm not so sure I agree with you in that. He hasn't had many attempts between the tackles but then the other backs haven't exactly lit it up either. The Broncos are a finesse blaocking team, not a power running team so they don't run real well between the tackles.

Hmmm, lets see what we can piece together. The Denver Post states that Denver is interested in Ricky Williams....Denver TV breaks the story that Ricky tested positive. Obviously, leak came from the Broncos......We now know Ricky did not test positive for steriods or pot, but an herb....Denver Post now speculates that the Broncos may trade Bell, right after they cut Anderson.Is it possible that the Broncos, who know Ricky's drug results, want to drive down his trade value (and Ricky's leverage in getting a higher contract) knowing full well he has a chance to beat the rap.

The strategy makes sense to me, the Bronco's would have nothing to lose by releasing the information in that if he doesn't win his appeal, nobody gets him and if he does win there would be much less of a market for Ricky after this incidence.
But I do not see the link between Anderson, Bell, Dayne & Williams. Can you explain better?

But I do not see the link between Anderson, Bell, Dayne & Williams. Can you explain better?
Anderson got cut because of his age and cap room. That would make Bell the definite starter and Dayne the back-up. If the Denver post "speculates" that they might be trading Bell if they had enough depth at the RB position makes me think they are up to something. Let's face it, even if you thought Dayne had a chance to be good this year....you can't bet the farm on a guy who's been in the league 7 years, is 28 years old, and who's best year by far was his rookie year when he carried for 770 yds and 3.4 ypc. You have to also consider the fact that Dayne hasn't even signed a contract with the Broncos for 2006 yet.It is also apparent that there is someone who likes to talk to the Denver Media in the Bronco's organization. They were right about their interest in Ricky, they were right about Ricky testing positive for drugs, and now they are "speculating" that the Broncos would trade Bell if their RB corps was strong....a pretty odd statement when you consider that beyond Bell they don't have much right now and, with their draft position, they'd be lucky to get someone even close to the caliber as Bell for 06.

They have their eye on somebody and with where they are with their salary cap, I can tell you right now that it isn't Edge or Alexander. Ricky is the best "bang for the buck" out there by far. If he makes it through the appeal, there is a decent shot he becomes a Bronco.

There seems to be alot of rumors out of Denver these days. From Abraham to Ricky to Owens to moving up in draft to trading Bell to bringing in Edge. Seems like someone is looking to give the audience something to read.

GB them not being in the best cap shape either to do all these situations.

Family Matters wrote:

I'm not so sure I agree with you in that. He hasn't had many attempts between the tackles but then the other backs haven't exactly lit it up either. The Broncos are a finesse blaocking team, not a power running team so they don't run real well between the tackles.
Take away the interior running thing and he still can't block and and goes down easily with arm tackles. Not to metion he seems dinged up every time he get a little extended play. I really think his inability to pick up the blocks is what is keeping him in a limited role.

Here is more to fuel the Dayne rumor:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3572888

Dayne's deal close to becoming done

Warren appears willing to test value as free agent

By Bill Williamson

Denver Post Staff Writer

Defensive tackle Gerard Warren, chasing Steelers running back Willie Parker during the AFC title game in January, played a big role in his first season with the Broncos. (Getty Images / Jonathan Daniel)

As the NFL's labor outlook dizzyingly shifted throughout Sunday, finally pushing back the start of free agency again, the Broncos worked to figure out their own house.

Before getting a three-day reprieve late Sunday night, it appeared the Broncos were close to re-signing Ron Dayne, the leading in-house candidate to become their starting tailback.

According to a source close to negotiation, Dayne and the Broncos were close to an agreement on financial terms and incentives packages, but were working on the length of the contract. It's believed it will be a two- or three-year contract.

Dayne, who signed a one- year deal last April, would compete for the starting tailback job after the Broncos released Mike Anderson. Denver is expected to draft a tailback in the early rounds to compete with Dayne and Tatum Bell.

Meanwhile, the Broncos continued to work on a deal with defensive tackle Gerard Warren. However, while talks progressed, it's likely Warren's deal could be connected to a new NFL collective bargaining agreement. Free agency is now set to start at 10:01 p.m. MST on Wednesday. There have been indications Warren would see what the open market bears, although Denver remains confident in re-signing him. Warren has said he

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wanted to stay in Denver. He enjoyed a career resurgence with Denver in 2005 after being traded last March by the Cleveland Browns.

Without a new CBA, few teams will be able to throw big money Warren's way. One team that could make a run is Green Bay, which has a need at defensive tackle and an abundance of salary cap room.

If Warren leaves, Denver likely would look at the pool of veteran free agents available and consider giving more playing time to Demetrin Veal, who played well last season.

Footnote

The agent for kicker and punter Paul Ernster said Ernster is rehabilitating well from a knee injury he suffered last September. Ernster is expected to be ready for the minicamp season.

Bill Williamson can be reached at 303-820-5450 or bwilliamson@denverpost.com.

Here we go again, another offseason of trying to guess Shanny's rb plans.............. :wall:
lol..shanny is a nut...one thing to consider, is that Shanahan is rumored to have called the Niners during the 2001 draft to congratulate them for selecting Barlow, whom he called 'the best RB in the draft'.

does Shanny try to trade for Barlow? seems SF could let him go, they do have Gore..

that's my conspiracy theory! lol

I think these are also key. Basically this is a non-story. If I felt totally comfortable with any position I might get rid of the odd man out too.

This is nothing more than the writer's speculation.

As I said in the other thread, a guy who ran for 900/5.3/8 in a part-time role and is only making a few hundred grand does NOT get traded unless its for a substantial premium.

Family Matters wrote:

Take away the interior running thing and he still can't block and and goes down easily with arm tackles. Not to metion he seems dinged up every time he get a little extended play. I really think his inability to pick up the blocks is what is keeping him in a limited role.
The arm tackle part is likely a non-issue because he avg. over 5 YPC since joining the NFL. But the blocking issue will keep you on the bench. I do not have any insight to his blocking ability but if you are right then I can see why they are not comfortable with him.And add the injury issues and you're left with a RB that while explosive can't relied upon to do everything they need. Thus the complimentary approach they use.

With that said, it must be nice to have a guy that can pound the line with some hard runs and then give him a breather and bring in a guy that can't be allowed past you or he's gone. Thats' alot of pressure on defenses and Dnever is lucky to be in that situation.

Here we go again, another offseason of trying to guess Shanny's rb plans.............. :wall:
Yeah, but it's fun and never leads to name calling or I told you sos during the season. Perfectly harmless. ;)
More speculation coming from SoCal sports radio. I have to apoligize for missing the name of the Denver beat writer being interviewed, but it was supposedly a writer close to the team.He said, paraprhrasing, "Rumors coming out of Broncoland say Shanahan and his personnel staff rate two rookie RBs who they should be able to draft higher than Bell. The issues are Bell's hands and pass blocking. One is Laurence Maroney, who they might take with their first first rounder. The other is Joseph Addai who they might take with their second first rounder."

Shanahan clearly sees Bell as a situational homerun type RB. If Bell were ever going to be viewed otherwise, we would have seen it in the second half of last year.

Dayne is a much more prototypical Shanahan RB. He's a one cut RB who can run anywhere in the line, and he'll absorb a lot of carries. Remember, this is the career NCAA Div I rushing leader of all time, and Alvarez used him the same way at WIS that Shanahan likes to use his hosses. There's some significant unused ability there.

The Giants wanted Dayne exclusively as a compliment to Barber, to lighten Barber's workload. They brought in Dayne when the situation came for a big between-the-tackles RB. That would partly account for Dayne's low ypc with NY - he's not a between-the-tackle masher, and other teams would know what was coming in 3rd/4th & short and goalline situations when Dayne was in the game and they would be preared for it.

NY misused Dayne's ability badly - and they are doing the same thing with Brandon Jacobs right now. There's nothing wrong with that - Barber is a great fit and is putting up massive numbers. It's just that given the situations, the Giants seemed to be badly misusing Dayne, and now are doing it again with Jacobs with his 2.6 ypc last season, and both RBs have lot more ability than just mashing for short yards.

Look at Dayne's last 2 years: Almost identical carries in 2004 & 2005 for NY & DEN, but for NY he averaged a paltry 3.4 ypc, whereas with DEN he averaged 5.1 ypc. That's a huge increase.

Look a little closer, and you'll see that while Bell offers the homerun threat, he also has a significant percentage of negative or very low yardage carries. That's not Shanahan football. Shanahan likes to protect Plummer by not getting him into 3rd & longs, and he likes to mix up his offense. He can't do that well with Bell in the backfield, much like he couldn't do that with Quentin Griffin in the backfield. There's just too much inconsistency with those guys, as well as the protection factor for Plummer because of poorer blocking ability.

Add to that Dane keeping his mouth shut & waiting his turn in DEN, and saving DEN in two very important games vs SD & DAL with long late runs that set up game winning FGs in games that looked like DEN otherwise might have lost, and you can see why Shanahan might be very partial to giving Dayne his shot.

If Dayne is his hoss, he doesn't have to burn a high draft pick or a ton of FA cash to get another hoss into the fold. He can play his late-draft pick games for a cheap RB who he sees something in that no one else does. And Dayne fits Shanahan's offense well. It could very well be a match made in heaven for both the player & the coach, and they're getting him very cheaply.

I've been derided for years now at this board for still being in Dayne's corner as the Giants ran his career into the ground. I have consistently stated that NY had the wrong RB for the job when they made Dayne exclusively a power situational RB. Now it just might be interesting to see how Dayne does or doesn't blossom now that he may get his chance to be a complete RB, in a systen that seems tailor-made for him, since DEN RBs aren't required to catch the football much out of the backfield.

In any case, Shanahan clearly seems to have tremendous confidence in Dayne, since he sent Anderson packing, and he also clearly seems to think that Bell can not be a featured RB in DEN. I'd say that Dayne has a much better opportunity to be a successful featured RB than Bell is going to get in DEN. And given Shanahan's track record with RBs, it's awfully hard to bet against him. He's right a lot more than he's wrong, even given the Clarett stupidity.

Maybe Shanahan is thinking of bringing back Maurice Clarrett. ;)
The Ohio penal league may be making Clarett a very high draft pick, which would supercede anyone bringing him back into the NFL.

Broncos | Team getting closer to re-signing Dayne

Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:10:54 -0800

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are getting closer to re-signing RB Ron Dayne. The contract is expected to be a multiyear deal. Dayne's agent, Len Rowe, said the deal was "getting close" Sunday afternoon, March 5, and had better than a 50-50 chance of being completed by the end of the evening after more discussions.

This Dayne hype will never stop! lol I remember back when I won so many bets Barber would out perform Dayne year after year! I am telling you now Ron Dayne will never be the featured back in Denver!! He will have a role and will produce at times. I bet Denver has plans to bring someone in!

Probably both a good free agent and a rookie!

Just imagine what the Edge could acomplice in Denver????? Or any of them good backs soon to be free agents. I can't wait because I know a good back out there is soon to be a great back. And it won't be Dayne!

Apparently some of the Denver faithful have nicknamed him Tantrum Bell. Sounds like there may be more issues with him than we know.

NY misused Dayne's ability badly - and they are doing the same thing with Brandon Jacobs right now. There's nothing wrong with that - Barber is a great fit and is putting up massive numbers. It's just that given the situations, the Giants seemed to be badly misusing Dayne, and now are doing it again with Jacobs with his 2.6 ypc last season, and both RBs have lot more ability than just mashing for short yards.
To be fair, the Giants do have a really terrific all-around RB named Tiki Barber, and regardless of how good you think Dayne or Jacobs are at doing something other than short-yardage running, there's no doubt that Tiki is better than either of them at it. If you're going to take Tiki off the field, it better not be so that you can run a sweep with Ron Dayne or BJac.

Users who are viewing this thread