What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maricopa County Recount: Nightmare or Farce? (3 Viewers)

This is among the screwups by this company.  Trump was quick to pick up on this "mistake" and blog about it.

Read about CyberNinjas, you can pick your sources, and ask if this a company that is in the position to do this work.
It’s just been a comedy of errors. From not knowing what color ink can be read on the ballots to the use of UV light to look for watermarks (that aren’t used) and folds in ballots that aren’t always folded. They won’t even say what they are looking for because it will likely be disproven quickly.

They will come back making claims of finding the fraud and either refuse to release the results publicly or refuse to allow others to scrutinize them. There’s too much dark money invested to not get the desired results.

It’s just been a comedy of errors. From not knowing what color ink can be read on the ballots to the use of UV light to look for watermarks (that aren’t used) and folds in ballots that aren’t always folded. They won’t even say what they are looking for because it will likely be disproven quickly.

They will come back making claims of finding the fraud and either refuse to release the results publicly or refuse to allow others to scrutinize them. There’s too much dark money invested to not get the desired results.
Yes the whole thing is just a tool to allow Trump to find "fraud"and blog about it or in a couple months scream about it at a pep rally. 

The guy has one move :lol:

I assume everyone who looks at this for more than 10 seconds comes to the same conclusion but...

They're also looking to make sure the paper is indented.

They are also using 5K cameras to look at the ballots and determine the depth of the indentation, which would allegedly reveal if the ballot was cast by hand or filled out by a machine.

I got a serious question, if the left is so certain Biden won, why are they so scared of this audit? The audit is being down by a non-partisan company that has no ties to the right or left, it will be done fairly and right. 

I got a serious question, if the left is so certain Biden won, why are they so scared of this audit? The audit is being down by a non-partisan company that has no ties to the right or left, it will be done fairly and right. 
Might want to recheck that.

When the person who led the charge on the voter fraud claims mounts a legal defense that no reasonable person would believe her, then maybe it's time to self-reflect.

Might want to recheck that.

When the person who led the charge on the voter fraud claims mounts a legal defense that no reasonable person would believe her, then maybe it's time to self-reflect.
MLK Jr. led the charge against racial discrimination and justifyably so, was it unreasonable to you to believe him?

MLK Jr. led the charge against racial discrimination and justifyably so, was it unreasonable to you to believe him?
If he was appointed by a Democratic congress to lead the commission to review the actions of the FBI, in secret, with suspect methodologies, then yes, I think it would be unreasonable to believe him in that instance.

Now, if MLK made allegations of racism against the FBI, and that caused an independent authority, with experience in internal investigations of police, to investigate the FBI -  I would be willing to listen to the conclusions of the independent authority.

If you are looking for a serious answer here you go:   The Maricopa county results were already certified by bipartisan officials at both the county level and at the state level.  They have been subject to two recounts and were already subjected to an audit.

That should have been enough but the Republican state senate demanded yet another audit, but only in Maricopa county and only the results of the presidential election (presumably they aren't concerned about fraud in other counties or for other offices).

Anyhow, several companies with experience in election audits submitted bids but instead they selected a small company based out of Florida called CyberNinjas that had no experience in auditing election results and had not submitted a bid.

CyberNinjas is headed by CEO Doug Logan, a guy that had extensively retweeted and posted false allegations of widespread voter fraud and is the author of a document called “Election Fraud Facts & Details” regarding the 2020 election.  

I'm not sure how you can say a firm with this kind of background that the audit they are leading will be done "fair and right".

Tech company running Arizona ballot recount backs out: 'They were done'

Wake Technology Services, Inc., the company that has been in charge of recounting ballots as part of Senate President Karen Fann’s election audit, has left the audit team.

Audit spokesman Randy Pullen told the Arizona Republic that Wake TSI’s contract ended on May 14, when the Senate’s contract with Veterans Memorial Coliseum, where the audit is taking place, was originally scheduled to end. Pullen said Wake chose not to renew its contract.

“They were done,” Pullen told the Republic, which first reported Wake TSI’s departure. “They didn’t want to come back.”

The Pennsylvania-based digital forensics company had been in charge of hand counting 2.1 million ballots cast in Maricopa County during the 2020 general election.

Wake has been replaced by StratTech Solutions, a Scottsdale-based IT company. It’s unclear why Cyber Ninjas and the Senate chose StratTech Solutions or whether the company has any experience working with election-related matters. It’s also unknown if the auditors solicited other companies to replace Wake TSI.

Pullen told the Republic that many of the people who worked under Wake TSI during the audit will continue that work for StratTech, and that StratTech will use the policies and procedures already in place.

An employee for StratTech declined to comment to the Arizona Mirror and referred questions to a public relations representative for Cyber Ninjas, who couldn’t be reached for comment. Wake TSI co-founder Gene Kern could not be reached for comment, either.

When Fann announced her audit team in late March, Wake TSI stood out as the only company that appeared to have any experience with election work. Cyber Ninjas said Wake TSI had conducted “hand-count audits” in Fulton County, Pennsylvania, and in New Mexico from the 2020 election, and that members of the company’s team had assisted the FBI with an election fraud investigation in 1994.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech company running Arizona ballot recount backs out: 'They were done'

Wake Technology Services, Inc., the company that has been in charge of recounting ballots as part of Senate President Karen Fann’s election audit, has left the audit team.

Audit spokesman Randy Pullen told the Arizona Republic that Wake TSI’s contract ended on May 14, when the Senate’s contract with Veterans Memorial Coliseum, where the audit is taking place, was originally scheduled to end. Pullen said Wake chose not to renew its contract.

“They were done,” Pullen told the Republic, which first reported Wake TSI’s departure. “They didn’t want to come back.”

The Pennsylvania-based digital forensics company had been in charge of hand counting 2.1 million ballots cast in Maricopa County during the 2020 general election.

Wake has been replaced by StratTech Solutions, a Scottsdale-based IT company. It’s unclear why Cyber Ninjas and the Senate chose StratTech Solutions or whether the company has any experience working with election-related matters. It’s also unknown if the auditors solicited other companies to replace Wake TSI.

Pullen told the Republic that many of the people who worked under Wake TSI during the audit will continue that work for StratTech, and that StratTech will use the policies and procedures already in place.

An employee for StratTech declined to comment to the Arizona Mirror and referred questions to a public relations representative for Cyber Ninjas, who couldn’t be reached for comment. Wake TSI co-founder Gene Kern could not be reached for comment, either.

When Fann announced her audit team in late March, Wake TSI stood out as the only company that appeared to have any experience with election work. Cyber Ninjas said Wake TSI had conducted “hand-count audits” in Fulton County, Pennsylvania, and in New Mexico from the 2020 election, and that members of the company’s team had assisted the FBI with an election fraud investigation in 1994.
So the tech company with the most experience in doing election recounts decided to let their contract expire and not return.

Sounds like it's going well.

Well the general response i get is- its to expensive and a waste of time.
From who?  I think most of the opposition in here has not mentioned the cost at all.

Waste of time is right...since they have been counted, recounted, and audited already.  The main complaint has been the lack of experience by this company, the lack of independence by this company, the lack of actual transparency by this company and how it really isn't official anything at this point.  Its a joke really.

Well the general response i get is- its to expensive and a waste of time.
For me the big problem with it is it perpetuates them myth that the results of the election are not trustworthy.  All of the election officials have certified the results, none of the recounts revealed significant fraud, the legal challenges filed by the president were overwhelmingly rejected, and none government agencies that reviewed the election found anything that would have changed the results.

Despite all of this you have Arizona GOP-led senate wasting time and money just to appease their constituents that believe the lies the president is still spewing.

If I were a Republican this would really p*** me off.

For me the big problem with it is it perpetuates them myth that the results of the election are not trustworthy.  All of the election officials have certified the results, none of the recounts revealed significant fraud, the legal challenges filed by the president were overwhelmingly rejected, and none government agencies that reviewed the election found anything that would have changed the results.

Despite all of this you have Arizona GOP-led senate wasting time and money just to appease their constituents that believe the lies the president is still spewing.

If you get around that part of it though and buy into the new argument that this is 'just about the integrity of the election' then the list of what is wrong with it is super long as many in this thread have pointed out

If it's about integrity then this is the process the R's put together to address integrity

1. No-bid closed door procurement process (if you want to use that language)

2. funded privately - partially

3. company has zero experience

4. no internal oversite

5. No scope

6. Highly partisan owner of the company

7. The only company with experience just quit

I just think all federal elections should be audited.   Making sure elections are square is worth it.   

It isnt good if 20 or 30 %  of the american populus dont trust elections.

And virtue shaming isnt a solution.   As satisfying as it may be.

If you get around that part of it though and buy into the new argument that this is 'just about the integrity of the election' then the list of what is wrong with it is super long as many in this thread have pointed out

If it's about integrity then this is the process the R's put together to address integrity

4. no internal oversite

5. No scope

8. The only county being reviewed is Maricopa County.  Shouldn't election integrity be a state-wide concern?

4. no internal oversite

5. No scope

My thoughts on them getting free money to prove the election was fair and correct.   

What if they dont want to be destroyed because they dont want to say it wasnt.  Thats why we need actual forensic accounting to every federal election.  

8. The only county being reviewed is Maricopa County.  Shouldn't election integrity be a state-wide concern?
Absolutely forgot that one.  I'm sure there are others

If this is about integrity then the whole process is about as far away from integrity as you can get

I just think all federal elections should be audited.   Making sure elections are square is worth it.   

It isnt good if 20 or 30 %  of the american populus dont trust elections.

And virtue shaming isnt a solution.   As satisfying as it may be.
Fine, then why are they only doing one county in AZ & GA? Why not audit states Trump won as well? Why not audit down ballot election as well?

And 20% or 30% of the people don't trust it because Trump was telling them he could only lose a rigged election and that the mail in ballots were fraudulent since last August - all without a shred of evidence. If you're in your bubble and all you hear is the election is rigged, a certain amount of people will believe it.

My thoughts on them getting free money to prove the election was fair and correct.   

What if they dont want to be destroyed because they dont want to say it wasnt.  Thats why we need actual forensic accounting to every federal election.  
That's a fine position to support if that's your bag. Personally i don't think we need to spend what would be in the high 100s of millions of $$s to forensically audit every single vote.  Trump lost by a landslide - you would need a ton of fraud in the system

And again, what is happening is the opposite of building integrity into the system

Fine, then why are they only doing one county in AZ & GA? Why not audit states Trump won as well? Why not audit down ballot election as well?

And 20% or 30% of the people don't trust it because Trump was telling them he could only lose a rigged election and that the mail in ballots were fraudulent since last August - all without a shred of evidence. If you're in your bubble and all you hear is the election is rigged, a certain amount of people will believe it.
That's the nail on the head right there.  The message keeps getting altered to make the big lie seem less and less crazy

I wonder if a Soro's backed Cyber Samari audit in 2016  would've brought objections from the GOP?

When im king. The trains will run on time.

I dont think it was stolen.   But i have an interest in proof to people who dont.

When im king. The trains will run on time.

I dont think it was stolen.   But i have an interest in proof to people who dont.
See, I don't think this is about "election integrity" at all. I think its about appeasing a base that's been told the election was stolen and more than half of the losing party believes it. They believe it because they've been lied to. And this is all a clown show.

And as @killface correctly points out, this is the opposite of building integrity. Every state, red and blue, have certified/recounted/audited their elections. No one has even hinted at impropriety. Trump's own commission on election fraud said there is no fraud in our system. But  the baseless allegations continue, and that is hurting our elections, not helping.

You know what.    I said a forensic audit.   Recounts just count the same votes over again.    If someone says there are illegal votes. Recounring them wont help.
Well I guess this is what they are calling the AZ fiasco going on right now - an audit.

See, I don't think this is about "election integrity" at all. I think its about appeasing a base that's been told the election was stolen and more than half of the losing party believes it. They believe it because they've been lied to. And this is all a clown show.

And as @killface correctly points out, this is the opposite of building integrity. Every state, red and blue, have certified/recounted/audited their elections. No one has even hinted at impropriety. Trump's own commission on election fraud said there is no fraud in our system. But  the baseless allegations continue, and that is hurting our elections, not helping.
This post should be pinned. Folks, please don't fall for "the elections were rigged" thing. Want to disagree on policy, great. People are smarter than this. Be best, as a former first lady might say.

From the link:

Information warfare takes many forms, but it has an overarching goal: to divide, demoralize and disorient a political foe by manipulating the social and media environments. As Yuri Bezmenov, a Soviet intelligence defector, explained in a chilling 1983 interview, “What it basically means is to change the perception of reality of every American to such an extent that despite the abundance of information, no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interests of defending themselves, their family, their community and their country.”

From the link:

Information warfare takes many forms, but it has an overarching goal: to divide, demoralize and disorient a political foe by manipulating the social and media environments. As Yuri Bezmenov, a Soviet intelligence defector, explained in a chilling 1983 interview, “What it basically means is to change the perception of reality of every American to such an extent that despite the abundance of information, no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interests of defending themselves, their family, their community and their country.”
It's a dangerous path for sure...information is the biggest and most dangerous weapon in the USA right now

This post should be pinned. Folks, please don't fall for "the elections were rigged" thing. Want to disagree on policy, great. People are smarter than this. Be best, as a former first lady might say.
Well next time i hear someone say they dont trust the govt.   I tell them " Folks, please don't fall for "the elections were rigged" thing. -Grace Under Pressure.

The comment from Mrs Obama should seal the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread