What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram escapes injury in accident with 18-wheeler (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
New Orleans Saints tailback Mark Ingram insists he is fine after a car he was driving collided with an 18-wheeler early Friday morning in Huntsville, Ala.

Ingram's trainer, Wyatt Harris, said Ingram had planned to go through his full workout regimen Friday "without any precautions." But travel delays postponed Ingram's next scheduled workout until today."Thanks for everyone's prayers and concerns. I'm perfectly fine, not one scratch!" Ingram said via Twitter after he arrived back in the New Orleans area Friday evening.

According to news reports from Huntsville and the accident report, nobody was injured in the accident, which occurred around 1 a.m. Police do not suspect that alcohol or drugs were involved, according to preliminary reports, though both drivers were tested. And neither Ingram nor the other driver, Paul Clewis, was cited for causing the accident.

Ingram, a rookie who was in town for an autograph-signing event with former Alabama teammate Julio Jones, was driving in the right lane when he collided with the truck, which was making a wide right turn from the center lane.

According to the accident report, the two drivers disputed whether or not the truck driver had properly signaled his turn in time.

The front left side of Ingram's two-door Infinity sedan was badly damaged, and both airbags deployed.

According to news reports from Huntsville, officers said Ingram's girlfriend was a passenger in the car and was unharmed. But Ingram later tweeted, "Lol I do wish the media would tell me who this mystery girlfriend I had with me was?!!'

http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=5568984&cid=32&source=feed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad he is not hurt.. He must have some good boosters to be driving around in a Infinity. I mean geezus Im sure the local grocery store don't pay that much... that's a pretty penny, at least he left the Masarati at home :football:

Glad he is not hurt.. He must have some good boosters to be driving around in a Infinity. I mean geezus Im sure the local grocery store don't pay that much... that's a pretty penny, at least he left the Masarati at home :football:
He has an agent now, and it isn't unusual for an agent to front a player an advance on advance of signing their rookie contract. I do think the part about having a "girlfriend" in the car and then denying it later via twitter is the funny part.

Users who are viewing this thread