What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (5 Viewers)

Well, my Patriots passed on him in the draft so I consider him more like Ki-Jana Carter or Curtis Enis...obviously. With Chris Ivory on IR, it may very well be Pierre Thomas time.
your patriots don't like good rbs... when have they ever had a super back, let alone know how to use one if they did... It's Mark Ingram time baby.... :popcorn:

Well, my Patriots passed on him in the draft so I consider him more like Ki-Jana Carter or Curtis Enis...obviously. With Chris Ivory on IR, it may very well be Pierre Thomas time.
Pats success at drafting is overrated. Non of the 2007 draft class are still with the Patriots. And I think only 2 are left from 2008.

i'm not sure i get the comparison, unless you expect Ingram to tear his ACL in his first pro start

Probably what people will want to read:
“It’s pretty easy,’’ Payton said in a conference call with the Green Bay media. “He’s going to be a guy we hand the ball to. We’re going to use him on first and second down, on third down. He's a guy we feel will give us a lot of versatility. He’s smart. He picked things up extremely quickly. He’s been a good addition to what we’re doing.’’

Pats success at drafting is overrated. Non of the 2007 draft class are still with the Patriots. And I think only 2 are left from 2008.
Ah....excellent cap management, man. Those picks would be up for their bigs.

'Bad_Mo said:
'joffer said:
'Bad_Mo said:
i'm not sure i get the comparison, unless you expect Ingram to tear his ACL in his first pro start
Yes, I do. This Thursday, second quarter, freakish tackle.
your cool, predicting an injury to a star player... what are you a pierre thomas fan????

'nysportsfan said:
'abhall said:
Probably what people will want to read:
“It’s pretty easy,’’ Payton said in a conference call with the Green Bay media. “He’s going to be a guy we hand the ball to. We’re going to use him on first and second down, on third down. He's a guy we feel will give us a lot of versatility. He’s smart. He picked things up extremely quickly. He’s been a good addition to what we’re doing.’’
Which makes me ask why was Pierre named the starter today?No link, heard it on NFLN Total Access from Mark Rein(sp?) who is down in NO.

cuz he'll have to earn it before walking in and taking over the starting role. he didn't say those downs were going to come consecutively.

I just read the email saying Ingram is suppose to start this thursday
Oh, that email. Was it from Uncle Freddy or your brother Mike?
That made me laugh. It was the email from FBG. Saying Source: CBSSports.com

New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton had a message for RB Mark Ingram heading into the team's Week 1 game. 'I told Mark Ingram we're not playing Kent State this week. We don't get a couple of warmups,' Payton said.

according to RTSports' NFL Depth charts, Ingram is listed as the starter. On the Saint's website listing (unofficial) Depth Charts, Ingram is the third back behind starter Pierre Thomas and RB2 Darren Sproles. FWIW.

Who cares if he's listed as the starter or not? As long as he's getting plenty of touches and GL carries, he should be a great play.

Who cares if he's listed as the starter or not? As long as he's getting plenty of touches and GL carries, he should be a great play.
That's a big "if" right now.
:lmao: Im not saying hell get all the touches or that PT wont be heavily involved but seriously?
So you are convinced he will get all the goal line touches? Based on what? Preseason game three saw both of them in goal line situations.Plus they are going up against a good D, and the Saints usually struggle out of the gate.

Starting to get concerned about him.
No need to get concerned. Will he split time or share carries early in his career and early in the season? Without question. But this thread was not discussing that. This thread is about talent, and I truly think he's a HOF guy if he stays healthy.

I just read the email saying Ingram is suppose to start this thursday
Oh, that email. Was it from Uncle Freddy or your brother Mike?
That made me laugh. It was the email from FBG. Saying Source: CBSSports.com

New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton had a message for RB Mark Ingram heading into the team's Week 1 game. 'I told Mark Ingram we're not playing Kent State this week. We don't get a couple of warmups,' Payton said.
See, I checked my email after you made the first post. I got the same emaill. I still dont see where it says he's starting in there. I like Payton's style though.

i haven't seen anything saying ingram is starting. in fact, it made me kind of nervous seeing espn project him for like 3.6 pts and pierre 16 in my league. i know espn's people are usually tards at projecting, but it just caught my attention. cbs has him for 6.6, a little higher than pierre.

i haven't seen anything saying ingram is starting. in fact, it made me kind of nervous seeing espn project him for like 3.6 pts and pierre 16 in my league. i know espn's people are usually tards at projecting, but it just caught my attention. cbs has him for 6.6, a little higher than pierre.
That's ridiculous. I can't apply logic to this, I guess ... but I really feel like most of the fantasy cognoscenti are completely missing the boat on Ingram. At least in the whole-season view (IOW, Ingram's may progressivley go from 40% to 60% of the touches over the course of the season). Starting him with confidence this week in my biggest money league.

i feel ingram will have to score to make him a worthy start right now. it's hard to see him get over 70 yds in his debut. will he score thursday, lol?

i feel ingram will have to score to make him a worthy start right now. it's hard to see him get over 70 yds in his debut. will he score thursday, lol?
I'm with you on this. If the Saints get to the goal line, this guy's going to get some cracks. I'm very tempted to plug him in because I do think this game is going to be a shootout.

Holding him out to see how the carries and situations look. Love the guy but have a feeling Pierre will get most of the playing time early on, especially in tight games.

This could go any number of ways, but one thing I'm sure of...and that's Ingram will eventually be their feature back at some point this season and receive the vast majority of touches. When will that be? If I had to guess, I'd say by midseason, but it could certainly be sooner.

rule of thumb, don't go by ESPN Projections. They are most likely wrong, and more then not the projections are totally off the wall after the games play. Its just something they do to keep it fun and eventful. Proj Ingram for 3 points is like saying he will have 0 catches, 0 tds and 30 yards rushing. Come on people. Even if he shares with PT, he will get the majority of goalline, short yardage and I think by the end of the year that Payton will fall in love with Ingram enough to where he could be rb1 caliber numbers because he has a nose for the endzone and Pierre is one ankle slip away from being done for a while. I love Ingram this year, starter or not.

The saints get to the goalline more then any other team in the league, and Mark Ingram has a nose for the Endzone. I can see 12-14 tds this year for Ingram.

Don't be wussies, don't be afraid to start him or let other people take tge glory of starting him while you hide him on your bench.

He's the Heisman Trophy winner, a 1st round pick playing on a good team, he's in my lineup against a solid GB defense.

Don't be wussies, don't be afraid to start him or let other people take tge glory of starting him while you hide him on your bench.He's the Heisman Trophy winner, a 1st round pick playing on a good team, he's in my lineup against a solid GB defense.
Agreed, although I have a hard time starting him over Mendenhall, DeAngelo, Felix, and Hightower. If I wasnt so stacked, he'd be in there (which he in on my other team).Im surprised FBGs have him and Pierre neck and neck

Love Ingram and agree regarding his excellent potential, but will likely start Hightower over him at flex in at least this first game, as we know Hightower is going to get the vast majority of touches on his team.If Ingram gets 60 yards and two TDs on Thursday, I'll die -- and never bench him again! LOL

The real question is if you both he and Pierre, which do you start?
Ingram IMO by a good margin
In week 1? Not so sure. Pierre is solid, and they will use him in the redzone......especially in the passing game. I think Pierre has more touches to start the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread