What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

I'm not gonna blame an Ingram owner for holding on to any small glimmer of hope - sorry but I have to blame FBG here - they are the ones who crammed Ingram down our throats up until re-draft day.

Never ever ever have I heard so much hype about a guy and his situation - huge let down.
Honestly, there were so many holes in the arguments that they were making that the people that bought into it have no one to blame but themselves. I tried and tried and tried to point those out to people but no one wanted to hear it. That "the myths of Sean Payton" was the epitome of it all and was full of purely speculative and blatantly incorrect info.Sean Payton has never used a feature back because he's never had anyone good enough to be one - Baloney. He was OC for the Giants when they had Tiki Barber, who magically became a feature back just after Payton left.

They didn't draft Mark Ingram in the 1st round to use him in a timeshare - Baloney. Teams do this all the time, including Sean Payton...twice. You can give him a pass on Bush because that was an odd situation, but he was there when they drafted Ron Dayne 11th overall and he never got a crack at anything more than a timeshare.

Mark Ingram will obviously be the goaline horse because he's the biggest guy - Baloney. Dayne was clearly much larger than Barber, and Deuce/Pierre were clearly much larger than Bush yet Tiki/Bush got a ton of goaline carries.

Of course, the Deuce/Bush situation applies to all of these as well, but even if we gave him a free pass on that because that was such an odd situation, you didn't have to go back much further than that to find more situations that applied.

All these things were said with such certainty, as if people had sat down with Payton and he had told them "yeah I'd love to have a feature back but I just never had a guy that could do it", but the reality is that was pure guesswork and speculation with ALL of the evidence pointing the exact opposite direction. Payton doesn't use RBBC because that's what his personnel dictated, he's used it because he believes in it as a philosophy and there was *never* any indication that that was not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs to get 5 carries in a row to build some momentum. It's clear however that the Saints aren't going to do that.
Why does he need that to run the ball? I can't wait for the next excuse, excuse, excuse...
I'm not gonna blame an Ingram owner for holding on to any small glimmer of hope - sorry but I have to blame FBG here - they are the ones who crammed Ingram down our throats up until re-draft day.Never ever ever have I heard so much hype about a guy and his situation - huge let down.
No doubt about it. This was a terrible call on Ingram. I'm going to take a loss that sends me to 4-3, and I'll have to be creative to get to the playoffs. But for those that are 2-5 and have drafted Ingram as their RB2, it'll be too little too late if Ingram ever does hit his stride. To be fair, you can't ever pin the season on one guy, but when he's healthy all year and is underperforming week in and week out, it's hard not to look at Ingram as the cause of most of your problems.I wish I never drafted this bum. Unfortunately, I have to roll with him through one more bye week next and then I can envision dumping him. I could have had Murray off waivers if I really wanted. There has to be better waiver wire options. Just has to.

I would fee a lot better about criticizing the Saints if they weren't running up the scoreboard. I'm mad that Ingram isn't getting more looks, but whatever the Saints are doing, it's working. Can't fault them for it.

Been saying this guy stinks bad. Don't sleep on T-Rich next year, he made Ingram look better than he really was. Why anyone has high hopes for a RB who was 2nd best on his college team is wack, but I guess Felix Jones is beasting with 250 today.
Ingram doesn't have the opportunity to do anything. The offense is too pass happy and Sproles/Thomas just kill his value. Don't know how you can say he's just a bad player.
As an Alabama season ticket holder, I can say that I am completely baffled by the Saints re Ingram.I think MI is better than Richardson, and Mark was very effective cathing the ball on checkdowns.The Saints traded UP to get him.But Mark is a rythymn runner, and getting one carry and then 5-10 snaps before the next one reduces his potential value.I think instead of #####ing about Mark, people need to start asking why the Saints give up what they did to draft him, and then not give him a legit opportunity to succeed.Ingram in Washington, Denver, Miami, and in several other situations would be money for owners

If they give this young man the ball 20-25 times a game, he'd be a top 5 RB in the NFL. I honestly believe that. But the Saints have a formula for winning without that kind of back and scheme. Brees is freaking amazing.

I get the whole argument here about Ingram's fantasy value...

But are there seriously people watching this game and saying to themselves "this Ingram guy is just not very good"? He looks very good tonight.

simply unbelievable. a few different goal-line decisions and Ingram could have 4-5 more TDs on the season and everyone would be singing his and Bloom's praises

Unless Pierre Thomas skips town I don't want to hear anything from any FBG staffer about Ingram being a stud.

I was promised a floor of 2010 BJGE - don't look like that to me.

I'm an Ingram owner who drafted him relatively late (6th round) and haven't started him yet this year (unfortunately for me that may be about to change due to injuries and byes). Anyway, all that is just my way of saying that this is my first opportunity to watch him run and I haven't been impressed. Talk all you want about limited touches but this guy doesn't have any vision nor any open field moves. I honestly can't remember ever seeing a RB get hit as squarely and frequently get knocked back as much as Infram has tonight. I was thinking that an injury to the smallish Sproles or the oft-injured Thomas could make Ingram valuable, but I truly believe that given his running style that he is the most likely of the three to sustain a serious injury before the year is out. Perhaps it's just one game by I think there's alot to dislike in this performance.

simply unbelievable. a few different goal-line decisions and Ingram could have 4-5 more TDs on the season and everyone would be singing his and Bloom's praises
Sorry but its obvious they have no intention of running the football near the goal line unless its on the 1 - than superstar Jed gets the call.

Sorry but its obvious they have no intention of running the football near the goal line unless its on the 1 - than superstar Jed gets the call.
Yep, Payton loves being cute around the goal line. I honestly hope some defensive coordinator has the personnel to make this eat that playbook at some point this season. But, unfortunately for Ingram owners, it likely won't come until the playoffs.

Cool story here-

I traded Antonio Gates to the team that picked ingram 1.1 for his 2012 1st.

Then I traded my 1st to him for Jimmy Graham.

He is 0-7 and a lock for 1.1 again, which I will then draft Richardson. I am 7-0.

Mark ingram owners, is this surprising?

maybe so, but no reason not to really they would score either way and who could have predicted the total avoidance of giving him the goal-line carries? Nobody, including Sean Payton who said he was their goal-line back. too bad for us Ingram owners he mispronounced decoy as back

Just how Ingram is consistently rated in rankings as a solid RB2 is amazing to me. Based on what hope? An occasional garbage TD here or there? He's a plodder and his ypc reflects that. He can't be counted on in your lineups going forward. His ceiling is very low and even his floor is low. Ugh!

everything that can go wrong has for Ingram. so close to a strong year, even luck and he'd be ranked bottom of teens at RB right now. just rotten luck

I dunno, are we really upset with 96 AP yards today?
Well its more of an indication of his role in the offence that I am upset about. Its obvious to me he is not a focal point of the offence (after this game I haven't watched NO all year).He just limped off the field after his longest run of the year I believe.

I dunno, are we really upset with 96 AP yards today?
Please don't let this become yet another excuse on the excuse bandwagon. If it was a close game, he would still have around 20 yards. He is just getting garbage time now, not a reason to start him going forward at all.

Wow, there are some serious no lifers in here that go out of their way to root against Ingram, and when bad happens they're delighted. Pretty sad.

Users who are viewing this thread