What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch -- "I'm here so I won't get fined" (1 Viewer)

So what is up with Lynch.
LINK

Marshawn Lynch was getting a magnetic resonance imaging examination on Monday to determine the extent of his new hamstring injury, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. The team will determine his status for next Monday night’s game against Detroit after that exam and a couple practice days this week.Carroll termed the MRI as “important.”

The NFL’s leading rusher since 2011 missed the first 12 minutes of Sunday’s 26-0 win over Chicago two days after Seattle had listed Lynch as questionable to play with a calf injury. Carroll said Lynch “just couldn’t get going” during his usual pregame “protocol” in the locker room. He left the locker room with just over 8 minutes remaining in the first quarter wearing a blue cape with a hood up over his helmet and full pads. He entered for the first time with 3:09 left in the opening period and ran for 8 yards off left tackle on his first play. He ran four more times for a combined 6 yards in the first half.

Then on a fourth-and-1 play with 26 seconds left in the second quarter Lynch shifted outside from the backfield then caught Russell Wilson’s pass for a 9-yard gain and first down. Lynch bobbled the ball before securing that catch, and felt a pain in his hamstring on the play, Carroll said Monday.

He did not play at all in the second half, when Seattle turned a 6-0 lead into its rout.

Undrafted rookie Thomas Rawls rushed for 104 yards on 16 carries in Lynch’s place, plowing through Bears with a punishing style Carroll on Monday likened to a bull trying to gore people.

It’s the first hamstring issue Carroll or anyone knows Lynch, 29, having since he joined the Seahawks early in the 2010 season in a trade from Buffalo. The five-time Pro Bowl runner has missed just one game since then, in October 2011 at Cleveland because of back spasms.

“We are taking care of him and rehabbing and seeing. His hamstring seemed to bother him a little bit in the middle of the game,” Carroll said. “Fortunately we have an extra day (before the Lions game), which helps a little bit, but we really won’t know (until later in the week).”

Lynch got an MRI late last week on his calf.

“The calf thing is resolving,” Carroll said.

Carroll noted Lynch rarely practices much during the middle of game weeks, “so we’ve got some time to figure it out. We really probably won’t know until Friday.”

The team is off from practice Tuesday and Wednesday, then practice Thursday, Friday and Saturday with a walkthrough Sunday for the Monday night game.

I don't own Lynch in any league so I'd like to think this is unbiased but it could also mean I don't follow him enough to understand completely. With that being said, I'm reading a lot of back/leg/hammy stuff. To me, that screams that some bad parts are lingering long-term and over compensation/inability to work the lower body as it should be is ongoing.

I've never been a solid believer in the notion that Rbs fall off a cliff at 30 so I am going to ignore age and simply say that it sounds to me like he's got a lot of stuff going on that is beginning to become chronic and is hitting him in the worst spot for a RB.

Traded for ***gulp*** Lamar miller just so I have a warm body to throw in there Sunday with Dion Lewis on the bye.

I'm putting out an offer for Lynch. The offensive line worries me more than Lynch's health. That Packers game was not good. But I think he'll be fine.

Gotta swing for the fences. I just got him in a deal with Rivers for Ingram and Bridgewater.

Carroll said today they won't decide (read > or tell anyone) until Monday night

I would love to play Rawls home against the Lions but can't take the chance that Lynch suddenly shows up and gets a good number of the carries

I would love to play Rawls home against the Lions but can't take the chance that Lynch suddenly shows up and gets a good number of the carries
I'm a desperate non lynch owner. I picked up rawls. In preparing for the dreaded gtd i also picked up riddick just in case

Captain Hook said:

My other options are bust CJ Anderson or Crowell, so I'll likely take the risk that he starts or gets some blowout carries.

Sitting him in the two dynasty leagues I own him.....for Lamar Miller.

I can't chance a GTD on Monday night. Not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abdullah if Lynch plays, otherwise Rawls. Wooohooo. Luck is questionable, Gronk on bye, deck chairs on the Titanic. I wish I could play me this week, I'd kick my ###.

I think we have a shot for some monday morning info, that is usually when some MNF gossip starts to come through. Would be sweet either way to know.

After listening to Jene on the audible from last night, I'm rolling with Rawls with confidence unless I hear something credible stating Lynch is doing much better. All things considered from a Seattle perspective, you've got this aging stud RB with multiple nagging injuries who you want to have healthy come playoff time, an opponent coming to town who isn't exactly a fierce defense, and a kid who runs with passion and anger and vengeance who could possibly be your featured back next year. You want to see what the kid has, and you've got a very plausible excuse to rest Lynch for an extra week. Next week you're @ Cincy on a short week of rest, so you really would like a healthy Lynch for that matchup if possible. Normally I'd discount a lot of this thinking since so many NFL coaches are meatheads, but Carroll seems shrewd enough to make these calculations.

I got Lynch, Gurley, and Riddick as my options for my RB2. Probably penciling in Riddick with the option to swap in Lynch. Not confident in Gurley yet.

Two extremes for me:

Ivory-early London game

Lynch or Rawls (WW pick up)

Not sure if I will roll with Ivory in a great matchup or wait for Monday night because I have Rawls.

Report: Marshawn Lynch more likely to sit

Pro Football Talk reported it is more likely Marshawn Lynch does not play Monday night against the Lions.

A source told PFT it is "60-40" Lynch is not playing. Thomas Rawls would see the majority of the carries if Lynch cannot go with Fred Jackson playing a secondary role. Unless Rawls is available as a late swap, it will be too risky to place Lynch in starting lineups on Sunday morning.

Source: Pro Football Talk on Twitter Oct 3 - 1:06 PM

Player Outlook

Game Log

Career Stats

Draft Advice

Does anyone think this injury to Lynch is worse than the Seahawks are indicating? I'm starting to think that he is going to miss more than just the Monday night game.

Does anyone think this injury to Lynch is worse than the Seahawks are indicating? I'm starting to think that he is going to miss more than just the Monday night game.
Carroll said the MRI wasn't completely clean but wouldn't elaborate. Would have to be a partial tear, right? Not sure if a simple strain would show up on an MRI.

Carroll said the MRI wasn't completely clean but wouldn't elaborate. Would have to be a partial tear, right? Not sure if a simple strain would show up on an MRI.
I would think that he has a tear for sure. Whether it is a grade 1 or 2 tear remains to be seen.

Let's assume that he is not seriously hurt but Rawls plays well tonight. What would Lynch's Rest of Season outlook be?

Let's assume that he is not seriously hurt but Rawls plays well tonight. What would Lynch's Rest of Season outlook be?
He's the starter when healthy, and probably gets at least 80-90% of the carries. Rawls will need to continue to look explosive and outperform Lynch's ypc, not fumble, not miss key blocks, etc. if he's to overtake a healthy Lynch.I bought Rawls for a significant price and betting he gets more starts, especially later in the season. It's a gamble for sure, since Lynch is a tough SOB, but it's the kind of risk/reward play that wins leagues when they hit.

Well Lynch is safe when he heals up enough to play again. Just traded Williams BUF and Dunbar for him before Sunday games. So hopefully he can heal up over the next few weeks.

Might look to flip him though.

Anybody else not real excited to just throw Lynch back in the lineup?

I know he has to start in fantasy if he plays, but two ####ty weeks followed by a 22 YO going bonkers in his stead doesn't inspire much confidence. You can't bet against Lynch, but man, a 29 YO with a ton of beast mode miles on him? Ugh. Plus, he got the "crap, we know this won't end well giving an older RB his money but the fans will freak out if we don't" extension.

Anyway, I was scrambling 3 weeks ago to find starting RB's (covered my eyes rolling out the Devonta/Chris Johnson duo that first time) in Lynch's absence. Now, I have a bad feeling throwing him back in the lineup. If he sucks this week, we've got some problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else not real excited to just throw Lynch back in the lineup?

I know he has to start in fantasy if he plays, but two ####ty weeks followed by a 22 YO going bonkers in his stead doesn't inspire much confidence. You can't bet against Lynch, but man, a 29 YO with a ton of beast mode miles on him? Ugh. Plus, he got the "crap, we know this won't end well giving an older RB his money but the fans will freak out if we don't" extension.

Anyway, I was scrambling 3 weeks ago to find starting RB's (covered my eyes rolling out the Devonta/Chris Johnson duo that first time) in Lynch's absence. Now, I have a bad feeling throwing him back in the lineup. If he sucks this week, we've got some problems.
I had this bad feeling so I traded him. I got no where near the better end of it but now I dont have to worry about whether to play him or not and that gives me peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread