What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch -- "I'm here so I won't get fined" (3 Viewers)

NCCommish said:
stbugs said:
branch0095 said:
End of the line for Lynch? I think he's done in SEA, but do people think he's played his last snap in the NFL? I feel like the only reason Lynch played this year was because SEA threw money at him, and if SEA cuts him this off-season he's going to be very displeased at the amount of money teams will be willing to give him.
Not sure, but I know I posted in one thread that I honestly wasn't worried about him being active against us. He hadn't looked great this year and honestly with so much time off, he had to be a bit rusty/out of game shape. The game flow obviously made him a non-factor in terms of touches, but even when he got some early he wasn't effective. That said, I think the DL was ready and played well in the first half, so maybe next year he has something left in the tank when he isn't hurt. Hard to tell, but with his beast mode style, he's in that camp of RBs that hits a wall quickly. Throw in playoffs and before 2015, he'd been averaging 350 touches a year for 4 years. That takes a toll, especially now that he'll be 30 before next season. Maybe he can make a bit of an impact on the right team, but I think he's going to soon be in the SJax land of ineffectiveness. Too bad, he was a lot of fun to watch (even as a Panthers fan) when he was "on" in games.
Marshawn has never done much against the Panthers. He averages 60 yds on 16 touches and has 1 touchdown in six games. And that average is lower after yesterday.
Not sure if anyone noticed, but he and Rivera were joking it up together after the game away from the media. Probably nothing, but definitely seemed a bit more than just the nice game show of respect, time to get off the field. Marshawn, if you'd like to help us out next year in a very cap friendly deal, feel free. Not a big position of need, but if he's still got some in the tank, he's welcome.

NCCommish said:
stbugs said:
branch0095 said:
End of the line for Lynch? I think he's done in SEA, but do people think he's played his last snap in the NFL? I feel like the only reason Lynch played this year was because SEA threw money at him, and if SEA cuts him this off-season he's going to be very displeased at the amount of money teams will be willing to give him.
Not sure, but I know I posted in one thread that I honestly wasn't worried about him being active against us. He hadn't looked great this year and honestly with so much time off, he had to be a bit rusty/out of game shape. The game flow obviously made him a non-factor in terms of touches, but even when he got some early he wasn't effective. That said, I think the DL was ready and played well in the first half, so maybe next year he has something left in the tank when he isn't hurt. Hard to tell, but with his beast mode style, he's in that camp of RBs that hits a wall quickly. Throw in playoffs and before 2015, he'd been averaging 350 touches a year for 4 years. That takes a toll, especially now that he'll be 30 before next season. Maybe he can make a bit of an impact on the right team, but I think he's going to soon be in the SJax land of ineffectiveness. Too bad, he was a lot of fun to watch (even as a Panthers fan) when he was "on" in games.
Marshawn has never done much against the Panthers. He averages 60 yds on 16 touches and has 1 touchdown in six games. And that average is lower after yesterday.
Not sure if anyone noticed, but he and Rivera were joking it up together after the game away from the media. Probably nothing, but definitely seemed a bit more than just the nice game show of respect, time to get off the field. Marshawn, if you'd like to help us out next year in a very cap friendly deal, feel free. Not a big position of need, but if he's still got some in the tank, he's welcome.
If Marshawn plays, and that's a big if, he'd probably only go to the east coast if some team was foolish enough to break the bank for him. Otherwise, he's retiring or staying out west. He's an East Bay/momma's boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCCommish said:
stbugs said:
branch0095 said:
If Marshawn plays, and that's a big if, he'd probably only go to the east coast if some team was foolish enough to break the bank for him. Otherwise, he's retiring or staying out west. He's an East Bay/momma's boy.
You're probably right. All the media was in the middle (likely Cam) and off to the side was Rivera and Lynch just jawing away. Maybe they've met elsewhere, but it was just an odd pairing. Just made me wonder because I don't see Lynch in Seattle next year. Seems like they weren't really on the same page so to speak at the end of the year, like him not going to Minny.

NCCommish said:
stbugs said:
branch0095 said:
Go Bears!

Rotoworld:

Coach Pete Carroll admitted "I don't know how that's going to go" when asked if Marshawn Lynch will be back with the Seahawks in 2016.

Lynch, 30 in April, very well could retire after his worst season of his career, rushing for 3.8 YPC and battling numerous injuries that limited him to just seven regular-season games and one playoff contest. If he doesn't hang up the cleats, the Seahawks seem likely to release Lynch. He's set to count $11.5 million against the cap, and the Seahawks can save $6.5 million of that.

Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter

Jan 18 - 6:35 PM

NCCommish said:
stbugs said:
branch0095 said:
Go Bears!
LOL, I didn't know they were both from Cal. That was probably why they were laughing it up. I am sure they've met a bunch of times via Cal (and NFL of course).

I hope that lady from the Pepsi commercial gives his retirement speech while he mouths along.

Hmmmmm

Retire=pay back USD 5m, no hassle

Get cut=Keep my money, little hassle

Pay cut=Get more money, major hassle

Play contract=get a ton of money, major hassle

What Would Marshawn Lynch Do?

Hmmmmm

Get cut, keep money, then sign with another contender like NE, GB, Indy, etc for a ridiculous money one year deal. I know RBs have been devalued in the NFL, but a guy like Lynch can be the difference between contender and champion. He would be worth it to certain teams.

Hmmmmm

Get cut, keep money, then sign with another contender like NE, GB, Indy, etc for a ridiculous money one year deal.I know RBs have been devalued in the NFL, but a guy like Lynch can be the difference between contender and champion. He would be worth it to certain teams.
That's what Seattle thought too, but it obviously didn't work out. He'll have offers if he wants to play, but I'd be very surprised if anyone gives him a lot of money- way too many red flags.

Hmmmmm

Get cut, keep money, then sign with another contender like NE, GB, Indy, etc for a ridiculous money one year deal.I know RBs have been devalued in the NFL, but a guy like Lynch can be the difference between contender and champion. He would be worth it to certain teams.
That's what Seattle thought too, but it obviously didn't work out. He'll have offers if he wants to play, but I'd be very surprised if anyone gives him a lot of money- way too many red flags.
Fair points, but it seems like a lack of motivation was a factor for Lynch this season. Almost as if he saw the writing on the wall (RAWLS) and sort of checked out. A change of scenery playing for another contender for lots of money could remotivate Lynch for another strong season or two.

Would Lynch be up for sitting the bench most of the season for the Patriots in order to stay healthy for the playoffs?

Would Lynch be up for sitting the bench most of the season for the Patriots in order to stay healthy for the playoffs?
I doubt it. Marshawn is a different dude and the only thing he seems to like less than the media come playoff time is the weather in the northeast come playoff time. I think there's only a handful of teams he'd play for next season.

Hmmmmm

Fair points, but it seems like a lack of motivation was a factor for Lynch this season. Almost as if he saw the writing on the wall (RAWLS) and sort of checked out. A change of scenery playing for another contender for lots of money could remotivate Lynch for another strong season or two.
How could he not have been motivated this year? They were Super Bowl contenders and he was due to make $9MM next year and $10MM in 2017, which he isn't going to get now.

No one is going to offer him a lot of money in hopes that he stays motivated (not to mention healthy and productive), not with what happened this season- that's just bad business. He'd make a lot of sense for a team like NE, but they are probably the least likely to pay him. I don't think he'd want to play in that weather either (GB as well).

I think he hangs them up- he has his ring, his body is starting to break down and he'd be lucky to make half the money he made last year IMO.

Rotoworld:

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Seahawks

A tweet from Marshawn Lynch on Sunday night indicated Lynch plans to retire.

Lynch's tweet -- accessible at the link below -- has a "deuces" sign with two fingers up and a picture of Marshawn's green cleats. The cleats are hanging; BeastMode seems poised to "hang 'em up" after nine NFL seasons.

Source: Marshawn Lynch on Twitter

Feb 7 - 9:54 PM

The Seahawks have already moved on. They wouldn't take him back if he un-retired. He would be cut and then might sign for somewhere like Oakland where he might get 300-400 yards. Nothing to see here. He's done.

The Seahawks have already moved on. They wouldn't take him back if he un-retired. He would be cut and then might sign for somewhere like Oakland where he might get 300-400 yards. Nothing to see here. He's done.
Why would he only get 300-400 yds in Oakland?  Why do you think he's done as far as ability? 

He was done last year already. He's old and he's got hurt too much. He wouldn't be the lead back wherever he went, he'd be in a RBBC.
I disagree, he isn't too old.  He does have a lot of tread on the tires but he was injured.  He didn't have the type of injury he can't come back from.  Hell, if Tim Hightower can be productive then Lynch surely can.

I disagree, he isn't too old.  He does have a lot of tread on the tires but he was injured.  He didn't have the type of injury he can't come back from.  Hell, if Tim Hightower can be productive then Lynch surely can.
Hightower has 619 career carries. Lynch has 2144. The other thing is, if you remember watching Lynch the past couple years, it seems like every game was a huge effort for him, he was always hurt and dragging himself on to the field, he was always being listed as questionable because of one on-going injury or another. That was when he wasn't actually out.

He was done last year already. He's old and he's got hurt too much. He wouldn't be the lead back wherever he went, he'd be in a RBBC.

I wouldn't give anything for him but if he's available on your waiver wire for free or a few WW bucks, then yes, he's worth a gamble.  Otherwise I say no. 

With his running style and workload and injuries, he seems to me to be the type that if you needed a guy for 2-4 games and the timing was right, it's perfect (fantasy or real life) but while he can likely be every bit as impressive as he ever was for a short burst, the slowing down and knicks come quicker and are more impactful now.  There is really no way I could see him holding up for 8-10 games at a time at this point with "starter" use.

Favre.2  

Is he worth stashing on a redraft?

I grabbed him in no mercy

Dropped karlos Williams , so no real loss

Swapping twinkles and pot for skittles

I dropped Riddick (in PPR no less) for this. He's my RB4/5 anyway... Unless Theo goes absolutely off, he'll be there for a few weeks. Lynch is an immediate RB1 wherever he lands.

I was holding him in dynasty for a while but just dropped him two days ago.  I just couldnt waste the roster spot for hope he comes  back.  Then the hope he is on a team that features him.  Then the hope that he still plays at his old level. Then the hope that it translates into fantasy points.  

Too much hoping when there are young guys with possible bright futures ahead of them.  I'll take the chance that my current rbs are good enough for his year. 

Oh why the hell not?  I just dropped Rob Kelley to hold him for a few weeks and pray.  Last year it was Christine Michael that I held forever hoping he'd find the field... might as well do it again this year with Marshawn...:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread