What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr., ARZ (2 Viewers)

How is this guy almost as valuable as Amon-Ra St Brown, more valuable than Puka Nacua? Already #4 wr is completely nuts to me.
Wait until he catches 6 balls week 1 and jumps into the Elite tier, maybe even WR1.
The good thing with MHJ is even if he doesn’t do really well as a rookie he’ll maintain top 12 status. If he performs as expected, he might be worth more than JJ.
I wouldn’t trade the 1 in regular dynasty for any player other than Bijan, Chase, JJ, maybe lamb, breece and Gibbs.
Im still trying to make sense of why the guy who just exceeded both JJ's and Chase's rookie year is worth less than a rookie who could do that.
Mostly due to what is expected for the rest of their career. If you think Puka is the #1 WR in dynasty, you can probably get him.

How is this guy almost as valuable as Amon-Ra St Brown, more valuable than Puka Nacua? Already #4 wr is completely nuts to me.
Wait until he catches 6 balls week 1 and jumps into the Elite tier, maybe even WR1.
The good thing with MHJ is even if he doesn’t do really well as a rookie he’ll maintain top 12 status. If he performs as expected, he might be worth more than JJ.
I wouldn’t trade the 1 in regular dynasty for any player other than Bijan, Chase, JJ, maybe lamb, breece and Gibbs.
Im still trying to make sense of why the guy who just exceeded both JJ's and Chase's rookie year is worth less than a rookie who could do that.
Mostly due to what is expected for the rest of their career. If you think Puka is the #1 WR in dynasty, you can probably get him.
His situation isn’t unlike ARSB’s coming off of his rookie year. Given the late draft capital, most people had to “see it again” before going all in.

His situation isn’t unlike ARSB’s coming off of his rookie year. Given the late draft capital, most people had to “see it again” before going all in.
Was a big difference in startups not really same at all St Brown was still a 5th or 6th round startup pick his 2nd year Puka is already a 1st rounder (1 QB leagues)

Was a big difference in startups not really same at all St Brown was still a 5th or 6th round startup pick his 2nd year Puka is already a 1st rounder (1 QB leagues)
Right. St brown didn’t have a similar rookie year, didn’t even eclipse 1,000 yards. But he ended the season with a series of nice games. Puka did it all year.
But I’ll still take MH jr in dynasty over either if I’m building. (Although he’s just 1 and 3 years younger) Maybe that’s wrong, but my perception seems to reflect the consensus.

I think it's been pointed out but probably meant ASRB's second season, which was similar to Puka's rookie year in fantasy production, a little under, but similar. But long story short ASRB entering year 3 was valued about on par as Puka is entering year two.

Last edited:
Bob McGinn's draft series begins

Excerpt:

MARVIN HARRISON, Ohio State (6-3, 209, no 40, Round 1): Fourth in the Heisman trophy voting as a third-year junior in 2023. “If he catches it on the run he shows unreal top-end speed,” one scout said. “If he would have (worked) at the combine he wouldn’t have won the 40 but if they had run the 100 he’d be at the top. When he catches those shallow drags you see him outrun angles and people. What you don’t see, if he’s running a curl, a comebacker or a dig and he’s not already in full-speed stride, is the ruggedness, the passion. He has the ability to be a good run-after-catch guy who, to me, was playing his last year of college football protecting himself.” Backed up in 2021 before starring in 2022-’23. “I’m going to say he’s the No. 1 player in the draft,” a second scout said. “His dad (Marvin) was a quickness-change of direction type with very skilled hands. Marvin Jr. is bigger, more of a jump-ball guy. Makes plays in the red zone and out near the sideline. He makes the field about 57, 58 yards wide (rather than 53 1/3) because he can extend for the ball on the sideline. He’s very polished. Some will argue that he’s not even the best receiver, that Nabers is. Over the next 10, 12, 15 years I think he’ll be the top guy.” Finished with 155 receptions for 2,613 yards (16.9) and 31 touchdowns. “I kind of liken him to Larry Fitzgerald,” a third scout said. “You didn’t see a ton of run after the catch with Larry Fitzgerald coming out (in 2004) but he did it in the NFL. Harrison’s going to be a great NFL player just like Larry Fitzgerald was. Calvin (Johnson) is much more gifted.” From Philadelphia.

Marvin Harrison Jr. has yet to sign a preliminary NFLPA licensing agreement that all draftees typically sign, which would allow his name and likeness to be monetized after he is picked tonight and before his NFL contract is signed, per sources. His jersey will not be available for purchase and he will not be featured in video games until his NFLPA group licensing deal is signed.
- Schefter

Users who are viewing this thread