What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MasterChef (1 Viewer)

Bull#### on not sending someone home in the first hour. Yes they all made good dishes, but someone should go home every elimination challenge.

Didn't wanna see James go, but he whiffed twice.

They show these people how to make these dishes right? And then give them hours of practice?

No way that cow Krissi was just randomly whipping together Joe's filet dish.

They show these people how to make these dishes right? And then give them hours of practice?

It was a Filet on top of polenta, for an experienced cook how hard could that be? And she over cooked the filet. She should've been sent packing for that alone.

When James won the mystery box they told him he was safe from elimination and in the final 4. He got the shaft, although he would have gone home anyway for his poor performance in the last two challenges.

Luca is a different chef from what he was when there were 15 left. Maybe he was sandbagging.

I don't know if they give them hours to practice, but I do believe they demonstrate how to prepare certain dishes.

It was a Filet on top of polenta, for an experienced cook how hard could that be? And she over cooked the filet. She should've been sent packing for that alone.
There was a lot more to that dish than that. Lol.

^Truth. Hate her with a passion, how can she be that much of a ##### all season? No wonder her son didn't want to go see her, I couldn't imagine living with that woman.

Billy Bats said:
Premier said:

Yeah, they have really been fighting to not send her home. She hasn't been on a winning team yet, but she has "entertainment" value. That is one thing I hate about some reality shows where you know someone isn't as good as others, but when she supposedly makes the show more entertaining with her fighting other contestants, she will stay longer than she should.

Not only did she overcook it, she cooked it on one side, it was gray from the bottom up to the middle and pink the rest of the way. She botched badly the main part of that dish. It seemed to me that James botched the dessert less. Not having enough time to set that stuff seems like a worse mistake for a guy who isn't a dessert guy than mis-cooking a filet which even a guy like me can do better on a grill.

JShare87 said:
This Luca guy is on fire as of late. I'm rooting for him to win it all.
Agreed, he has been on a roll. He or Jesse would be OK. Natasha had been peaking a few weeks ago, but I really never liked here from the start, she seemed like a ##### too. Krissy is just on another level as a person.

Premier said:
Billy Bats said:
Premier said:

There was a lot more to that dish than that. Lol.
The classic tournedos Rossini consists of a filet mignon cooked in butter set atop a crouton and served with truffle, seared foie gras, and a madeira demi-glace. Joe's filet Rossini is served upon a bed of truffle polenta and topped with a slice of Asian pear.

Sounds impossible for me but nothing too crazy for someone with on master chef. shrug:

When James won the mystery box they told him he was safe from elimination and in the final 4. He got the shaft, although he would have gone home anyway for his poor performance in the last two challenges.

Luca is a different chef from what he was when there were 15 left. Maybe he was sandbagging.
I didn't get that either. He basically got no advantage for winning the mystery box. Either the fat chick from Philly or the Natasha should of gone home. Pick the worst soup. That was a crappy way to go out for James. Kind of seemed like Natasha had the worst soup, but they couldn't send her home because she'll be the eventual winner. There was really no point for the first hour of the show. Dumb.

Loved how Krissi basically knocked herself out of the competition. What a friggin POS.

Hated to see Jessie go but it should be a great finale. I'm pulling for Luca to win.

Loved how Krissi basically knocked herself out of the competition. What a friggin POS.

Hated to see Jessie go but it should be a great finale. I'm pulling for Luca to win.
Yeah, the love fest at the end for her was sort of disturbing. It seemed like she got more love than the others that just left, almost like they were trying to make her look good again. If someone had quit service on one of Ramsey's other shows, not sure he would have given them a hug on the way out. I love how staying true to herself was important, like being a giant d-bag is a good trait.

Quite a contrast between "if I go home tonight at least I can look at myself in the mirror tomorrow" and the rest of the show...
Yea that was cool of him to flip her the butter. Rooting for him.
Yeah it was. That's the 2nd time he's done that. And I think the first time was to help out Natasha, but I could be wrong on remembering that.
Yes, Natasha needed garlic on one of the previous episode and Boris forgot to grab it...

Quite a contrast between "if I go home tonight at least I can look at myself in the mirror tomorrow" and the rest of the show...
Yeah it was. That's the 2nd time he's done that. And I think the first time was to help out Natasha, but I could be wrong on remembering that.
Yes, Natasha needed garlic on one of the previous episode and Boris forgot to grab it...
Wow, what a beotch then. She got her item when she needed it, but wouldn't do the same.

Wow, what a beotch then. She got her item when she needed it, but wouldn't do the same.
Yea, even the judges were shocked by that. That's why Luca's move was so cool...

They'd never have let Krissi win this thing. Not after she threw tantrums, threatened varoius contestants with physical harm, etc. Not to mention she's #####y and fat - the two worst possible traits in a female.

They'd never have let Krissi win this thing. Not after she threw tantrums, threatened varoius contestants with physical harm, etc. Not to mention she's #####y and fat - the two worst possible traits in a female.
The one nice thing I can say about her, she's genuine. Some people appear one way in public but are different in private... Krissi's just as ugly on the inside as she is on the outside.

The one nice thing I can say about her, she's genuine. Some people appear one way in public but are different in private... Krissi's just as ugly on the inside as she is on the outside.
The most surprising thing about Krissi, IMO is that she has a son, which means somebody actually had sex with her. If you noticed though, there doesnt seem to be a dad in the picture. I wonder why? lol

The most surprising thing about Krissi, IMO is that she has a son, which means somebody actually had sex with her. If you noticed though, there doesnt seem to be a dad in the picture. I wonder why? lol
Her kid didn't show up for the reunion episode every reality show does. In fact, nobody showed up. I've never seen that before. Everybody was probably enjoying the break.

Wingnut said:
Sarnoff said:
Jobber said:

Maybe it was a sperm bank?

Wingnut said:
Sarnoff said:
Jobber said:

Maybe it was a sperm bank?
Wouldn't surprise me. She was a belligerent sow.

Seriously, good for that guy. You never know how people really are but he just seems like a really good dude. For him to get shot down last year without even making the final 100 or whatever to then barely making it in this season to winning it all is pretty cool.

Also, loved Natasha's super cuuuuuunty look just before Luca hugged her. :lmao: She must be hell to deal with.

Seriously, good for that guy. You never know how people really are but he just seems like a really good dude. For him to get shot down last year without even making the final 100 or whatever to then barely making it in this season to winning it all is pretty cool.

Also, loved Natasha's super cuuuuuunty look just before Luca hugged her. :lmao: She must be hell to deal with.
I agree he seems like a real good guy. I'm glad he beat out Natasha.

Fine with him winning. Good dude.

Natasha really brought it in the final, though. I didn't get the impression from her during the regular season that she had that in her. Really thought they would make them co-champs... it seems rough to have to lose with what she put out there. Wish that Gordon or the fat guy had a blog or something to hear why (I don't care what Joe thinks).

Natasha really brought it in the final, though. I didn't get the impression from her during the regular season that she had that in her. Really thought they would make them co-champs... it seems rough to have to lose with what she put out there. Wish that Gordon or the fat guy had a blog or something to hear why (I don't care what Joe thinks).
Natasha had a few week streak in the middle of the show where she was the best and then from there she has been pretty solid, but Luca took off at the end. I think it was a good decision and a pretty amazing transformation for him from week 1. I think he always had good potential, but it took him a while to get his execution down. Sort of like how Jesse maybe didn't have the higher ceiling, she had great execution/timing from the beginning. He didn't have that, but definitely got that.

My guess. They said right before the reveal that one person had just a little something other then the other..

Told my wife that I took that as being Luca because of his back story.. aka, didn't make the show last year, from Italy, fights his way back in and works his butt off all year improving and all around nice guy willing to help others.. :thumbup:

I think Natasha did well, but from their reaction to the short ribs, I think Luca just went over the top with the entree. It seemed like the appetizers/desserts were very close and it probably didn't help that Natasha didn't serve a key component of her dessert. Even though they loved it, I think they pay attention to the execution and I think that was the only mistake from what they said they were going to prepare.

(CNN) - "MasterChef" runner-up Joshua Marks was found dead of a gunshot to his head in an alley on Chicago's south side Friday night, police said Saturday.

Investigators have not yet ruled whether Marks, who has publicly acknowledged suffering from bipolar disorder, committed suicide, Chicago Police spokesman John Mirabelli told CNN.

Marks, 26, lost to winner Christine Ha in the final round of the Fox reality cooking competition's third season.

:shock: wtf

(CNN) - "MasterChef" runner-up Joshua Marks was found dead of a gunshot to his head in an alley on Chicago's south side Friday night, police said Saturday.

Investigators have not yet ruled whether Marks, who has publicly acknowledged suffering from bipolar disorder, committed suicide, Chicago Police spokesman John Mirabelli told CNN.

Marks, 26, lost to winner Christine Ha in the final round of the Fox reality cooking competition's third season.

Not surprised. Dude had issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wingnut said:

Not surprised. Dude had issues.
Yeah. The story I read included a blurb about how he recently told someone that he was possessed by Gordon Ramsay.

Starting with 30 in the Masterchef kitchrn right off the bat...no more tons of auditions to get an apron...but not all 30 will make it through tonight.

Starting with 30 in the Masterchef kitchrn right off the bat...no more tons of auditions to get an apron...but not all 30 will make it through tonight.
Liked this format way better. The double pie chick should've been sent packing, I thought her first attempt with a pie was a bad idea. And was rooting for the cute farm girl. :sadbanana:

Liked this format way better. The double pie chick should've been sent packing, I thought her first attempt with a pie was a bad idea. And was rooting for the cute farm girl. :sadbanana:
The one from Idaho that made it point to say that she better get the potato cakes right? :lol:

Down to 22. I really like skipping the long audition process.

Too early to name front runners.
Anyone who hasn't had screen time yet isn't winning. There are still some of the 22 that have only been fuzzy, out of focus, background so far. They're dead men walking.

Edit after episode 3: I FF'd back through episode 1 to see who got screen time & focus with interview segments, backstory pieces, time with the judges, etc.

Most focused on: Big Willie, Courtney, Elisabeth, Dan Wu, Elise, Francis L., Tyler, Leslie. Astrid in a bad way.

Middle of the road: Christian, Gordon H., Kira, Victoria

Barely seen: Ahran, Christine, Cutter, Daniel, Francis B., Jamiee, Whitney and Jordan all got aprons before gettting any screentime. Stephani was invisible.

The one from Idaho that made it point to say that she better get the potato cakes right? :lol:
:yes: A shame her cooking wasn't as good as she looked.

Down to 22. I really like skipping the long audition process.

Too early to name front runners.
Anyone who hasn't had screen time yet isn't winning. There are still some of the 22 that have only been fuzzy, out of focus, background so far. They're dead men walking.
I noticed theres an Asian chick in the final group but you would have no idea based on all the interviews and camera angles. im guessing she will be gone in the next 3

My oldest son (not quite 13) likes this show and we were laughing when pie girl was going up against her at the end. We (in our best Gordon Ramsey) voice were telling her that it was all about the ratings, not food and that the pretty girl was our new Jesse. It probably isn't funny now, but when the pie girl was crying, it was funny.

My oldest son (not quite 13) likes this show and we were laughing when pie girl was going up against her at the end. We (in our best Gordon Ramsey) voice were telling her that it was all about the ratings, not food and that the pretty girl was our new Jesse. It probably isn't funny now, but when the pie girl was crying, it was funny.
seemed they let the pie girl in just for pity sake. a pot pie is easy and doesn't take much technique

Users who are viewing this thread