What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MasterChef (1 Viewer)

Starting with 30 in the Masterchef kitchrn right off the bat...no more tons of auditions to get an apron...but not all 30 will make it through tonight.
Liked this format way better. The double pie chick should've been sent packing, I thought her first attempt with a pie was a bad idea. And was rooting for the cute farm girl. :sadbanana:
The one from Idaho that made it point to say that she better get the potato cakes right? :lol:
:yes: A shame her cooking wasn't as good as she looked.
My oldest son (not quite 13) likes this show and we were laughing when pie girl was going up against her at the end. We (in our best Gordon Ramsey) voice were telling her that it was all about the ratings, not food and that the pretty girl was our new Jesse. It probably isn't funny now, but when the pie girl was crying, it was funny.
seemed they let the pie girl in just for pity sake. a pot pie is easy and doesn't take much technique
She can't do blueberry either. My son and I were really hoping they were going to tell her that they should have taken the pretty girl instead and she needs to go home. She's been just terrible.

:lmao: at choosing chicken instead of steak. What a bunch of goons.
shish kabobs would dominate any chicken theyd put out there. and super easy to cook
Yeah, that stay at home dad is annoying, but he was spot on. If I had to cook a steak or chicken on the grill, there is no choice IMHO if I want to make sure the person eating it will be satisfied.

shish kabobs would dominate any chicken theyd put out there. and super easy to cook
Yeah, that stay at home dad is annoying, but he was spot on. If I had to cook a steak or chicken on the grill, there is no choice IMHO if I want to make sure the person eating it will be satisfied.
he seems metro sexual, and yea steak over chicken is the easy choice. also when cooking in mass, steak is easier. its hard to overcook and even harder to undercook

Christine's food must cause a mouth orgasm because it looks like #### on a plate. That second course with the pork belly over rice had to be the worst looking plate ever. It's great that she won, but will she ever really work in a restaurant kitchen? Just by watching all the #### that goes on in Hells Kitchen it seems a pretty big leap to think it would even be safe for her to work in a big kitchen. Let alone have to rush out multiple entree's and working multiple pans.
She doesn't really need to work in a restaurant kitchen. She's going to do a cookbook and pocket $250,000. That's a pretty good start to whatever she wants to do. She could probably do some speaking gigs and write a non-cookbook book, as well.
I saw her speak last week at a fundraiser for a client of mine. She did a good job and I think she is doing just fine financially with her book and speaking gigs.

he seems metro sexual, and yea steak over chicken is the easy choice. also when cooking in mass, steak is easier. its hard to overcook and even harder to undercook
"Kept man - pretty boy." Explains the attitude.

So they obviously kept Miss Priss over the cute chick because she's shown to be a better cook. Anyone that makes a donut too salty should be sent home to eat 6 dozen of Krispy Kremes until they figure it out.

how old is the Asian chick? they keep saying shes the youngest so far

I am rooting for her, I like her attitude

So they obviously kept Miss Priss over the cute chick because she's shown to be a better cook. Anyone that makes a donut too salty should be sent home to eat 6 dozen of Krispy Kremes until they figure it out.
Plus, Miss Priss is stripping her way through college. Can't kick her out yet. I do believe on this show they do take past performance into account for "close" votes between the judges.

There must have also been some tomfoolery going into saving Francis B. Producers could have freaked with both him and Courtney on the bottom and wanted to save them both. I've never seen the after-challenge "save someone" advantage before. That was just weird.

So many cooks got nothing last night. Willie was only mentioned in another contestant's interview. The pie lady was invisible, as was the blonde chick and the really young guy. Beef Jerky Camouflage didn't get much time either.

Plus, Miss Priss is stripping her way through college. Can't kick her out yet. I do believe on this show they do take past performance into account for "close" votes between the judges.

There must have also been some tomfoolery going into saving Francis B. Producers could have freaked with both him and Courtney on the bottom and wanted to save them both. I've never seen the after-challenge "save someone" advantage before. That was just weird.

So many cooks got nothing last night. Willie was only mentioned in another contestant's interview. The pie lady was invisible, as was the blonde chick and the really young guy. Beef Jerky Camouflage didn't get much time either.
I'm not sure who you are referring to as the young guy, but they mentioned that Gordon had an illness and is off the show.

I'm not sure who you are referring to as the young guy, but they mentioned that Gordon had an illness and is off the show.
Jordan, I think

Yep, Jordan would make sense.

I agree, they skipped out on showing a lot of the contestants. I think it's funny how the other contestants hate Malibu dad and stripper girl. They obviously aren't showing everything, but neither of them really bother me much at all.

Yep, Jordan would make sense.

I agree, they skipped out on showing a lot of the contestants. I think it's funny how the other contestants hate Malibu dad and stripper girl. They obviously aren't showing everything, but neither of them really bother me much at all.
Just setting up the season-long story I bet. There's probably a lot of trash talk by every contestant about each of the others, but they only focus on who will make it to the end.

Have to think Courtney the stripper, Malibu Dad Leslie, Big Willie, and Scottish Francis go really far based on the screen time they got early and how story lines are developing.

Jordan, I think
R.I.P.

Never getting any screen time is not a good omen.

Finally got some more Big Willie. Nothing from pudgy pie girl, and Leslie was invisible.

As for Beef Jerky Camouflage, what a terrible way to go. Sucks to be him. The show should, though, have a better system for differentiating items in a group area like a common freezer.

Cutter is Kenny Powers. That American flag cake and meltdown to the judges was something right out of Eastbound & Down. Hilarious.

Elise is awful. Baker and pie-expert who can't make pie in three attempts. Totally fails in every non-baking cooking element as well. And now, cannot slice bread correctly.

I know we saw her beg for the medic in the previews for next week, but, whatever happens she's gone anyway.

"Boys vs girls feels too old-fashioned to me" -- Gordon Ramsey, a guy who hosts another show that has 13 weeks of boys vs girls

As for Beef Jerky Camouflage, what a terrible way to go. Sucks to be him. The show should, though, have a better system for differentiating items in a group area like a common freezer.
I thought that was so unfair to that guy. So dumb to not have them have their own freezer area.

I thought that was so unfair to that guy. So dumb to not have them have their own freezer area.
Somewhat agree. I mean, I'm 100% sure the guy made a mistake and meant no harm. However, if you let him skate or judge the one in the fridge or give him a redo, I'm 100% sure someone like Leslie would exploit the loophole if he ever needed to.

Next time, just color-code the trays or something, show.

Ugh, they finally got rid of that whiny, annoying Elise...they should have sent Cutter packing as well, he sucks.

He's bad but she was God awful. She never made a decent dish. She was so off the rails they knew it halfway through the cooking. No way Ramsey steps in if there's any chance she isn't going home at that point. I mean, how could they eliminate Cutter if Ramsey made her pasta for her? As soon as he worked her station it was a DQ.

He's bad but she was God awful. She never made a decent dish. She was so off the rails they knew it halfway through the cooking. No way Ramsey steps in if there's any chance she isn't going home at that point. I mean, how could they eliminate Cutter if Ramsey made her pasta for her? As soon as he worked her station it was a DQ.
I'm not saying they should have cut him over her...just that they should have cut them both and save some time.

Agree, Cutter should have gone with miss whiney butt. "Artisan" pizza lol.. Both of them are way over their heads in the competition.

I'm not saying they should have cut him over her...just that they should have cut them both and save some time.
:goodposting: one of the times they should have done what they've warned for weeks when they've said "at least one of you is going home".. Make it both and get on with it.

Then again, much like Hell's Kitchen, they are looking for the drama and he brings it so they drag him along for a couple of weeks.. :thumbdown:

:goodposting: one of the times they should have done what they've warned for weeks when they've said "at least one of you is going home".. Make it both and get on with it.Then again, much like Hell's Kitchen, they are looking for the drama and he brings it so they drag him along for a couple of weeks.. :thumbdown:
I don't know that it's so much the drama. I think it's more the amount is weeks the show has left and the number of contestants.

When it comes down to 2 lousy cooks, one of whom is totally boring and one of whom has a big personality and creates lots of drama, they will always keep the one who makes better TV. That being said, I really kind of hate Cutter. Loved it when Joe pulled out the spit out the food and throw the plate away move - always one of my favorites.

Im too lazy to look it up, but who is this Joe fella? Seems to be a pompus ###.
son of an uber famous chef and born into a restaurant family. I think he was actually a wall street trader for a bit before coming back to the family biz. As douchey as he is, i have to say that B&B in Vegas is flat out awesome

Cutter could have easily left with her. The guy sucks every week and always has an attitude about it.
Here's where I have a problem with the judges vs. Cutter. He's got the attitude they tell other players they want to hear. But when faced with someone who actually dos it, they balk. He's argumentative, sure, but he acts exactly like Ramsey would act if the situation was reversed. Now, apparently, his taste is far different from theirs and he doesn't have the skills or creativity to back up his trash talk, but, I can't bash him for the trash talk itself.

If he had the same attitude, but was able to flip the switch to figuring out the taste profile the judges are going for, his talk would be celebrated.

Cutter could have easily left with her. The guy sucks every week and always has an attitude about it.
Here's where I have a problem with the judges vs. Cutter. He's got the attitude they tell other players they want to hear. But when faced with someone who actually dos it, they balk. He's argumentative, sure, but he acts exactly like Ramsey would act if the situation was reversed. Now, apparently, his taste is far different from theirs and he doesn't have the skills or creativity to back up his trash talk, but, I can't bash him for the trash talk itself.

If he had the same attitude, but was able to flip the switch to figuring out the taste profile the judges are going for, his talk would be celebrated.
Of course the trash talk is better received if you have actual skill. Thats human nature, not a MC issue. The guy is a tool.

Of course the trash talk is better received if you have actual skill. Thats human nature, not a MC issue. The guy is a tool.
Exactly. Its not his attitude that makes him suck, its his cooking. I don't mind the attitude, but as Gordon pointed out, he's been in the bottom like 5 times or something. He's clearly not Masterchef material so get rid of him already.

Users who are viewing this thread