What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Leinart to announce decision today (1 Viewer)

I'm can't say for sure what his rationale was but I could see that he feels that he could do something that NO other QB has ever done, not Elway, Manning, Marino...
Elway never even went to a bowl game.
What's the point in doing something that no QB ever has when the reason no one has is that they went pro? It seems like a cop out and even my girlfriend said that he seems like he's afraid to go pro and too comfortable at USC.

I'm can't say for sure what his rationale was but I could see that he feels that he could do something that NO other QB has ever done, not Elway, Manning, Marino...
What's the point in doing something that no QB ever has when the reason no one has is that they went pro? It seems like a cop out and even my girlfriend said that he seems like he's afraid to go pro and too comfortable at USC.
Last time I checked, Manning didn't go pro early.

Last time I checked, Manning didn't go pro early.
Manning didn't win the Heisman or a national title.

That is to win 3 consecutive NCAA championships. He must have a lot of confidence in himself and in his team for him to stay. So these things can happen:

1. He wins another Heisman and wins another championship.

In this scenario, he will still be #1 and will earn even more.

2. He wins the championship, not the Heisman, but still plays well.

3. He wins the championship despite playing less than his ability.

4. Does not win the championship but wins the Heisman.

5. Does not win the championship nor the Heisman but plays well.

Does not hurt him, still a first-round pick.

6. Does not win either and doesnt play as well.

7. Gets hurt.

Drops in the draft but still goes pro.

8. Career ending injury.

Self explaining.

Odds are he will still be fine. Maybe thats his line of thinking. One question though. I am not that huge of a college fan, are there any other QBs that are coming pout next year that are better than him and would be taken before him without question?
Vincent Young is one that comes to mind.
He said QB's :rotflmao:
:) Anyway, it seems like Leinart did hurt himself since he may not even be the 1st or 2nd QB taken if Young and Cutler keep moving up.

That is to win 3 consecutive NCAA championships. He must have a lot of confidence in himself and in his team for him to stay. So these things can happen:

7. Gets hurt.

8. Career ending injury.

Self explaining.

Odds are he will still be fine. Maybe thats his line of thinking. One question though. I am not that huge of a college fan, are there any other QBs that are coming pout next year that are better than him and would be taken before him without question?
:) Anyway, it seems like Leinart did hurt himself since he may not even be the 1st or 2nd QB taken if Young and Cutler keep moving up.
He did hurt himslef no matter what IMO. He is not the #1 pick now, he was last year.

7. Gets hurt.

8. Career ending injury.

Self explaining.

HMMM.... :bye: Crow anybody.

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>IDIOT.</span>
:goodposting: if you say so. he has logical reasons for it. you may not agree, but that doesn't make him an idiot.
He's not idiot, he's just doing what he wants to do. I don't have a problem with that but it isn't the smart thing to do (at least right now) and makes me wonder about him as an NFL QB. Is he afraid of going to the NFL and failing? Is he staying in school because it's safer? Coming from a well-off family and having lived comfortably his whole life, does he have the drive to become a great QB?
:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread