What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Schaub (2 Viewers)

Bobcat10 said:
Considering Schaub over McNabb. Both have been good lately. My issue is that I'm also playing against McNabb, so I'd hate to overthink this and not take the tie (I think the rest of my team is better).
Also leaning Schaub over McNabb. Opponent has Daniels so that could potentially help.

Is anyone concerned about Asomugha? It's easy to get caught up in Andre Johnson's dominance lately but Asomugha held him to one catch in their last meeting...He's that good.

I've been starting Schaub all year when he's healthy. Dude is an underrated qb stud.
problem is that there is always the risk of Schaub not finishing the game. He's done that not once, but twice already this year. I don't doubt his ability to put up numbers, I doubt his ability to stay healthy/play with pain. Rodgers, for example, has proven to be an iron man this year.

Is anyone concerned about Asomugha? It's easy to get caught up in Andre Johnson's dominance lately but Asomugha held him to one catch in their last meeting...He's that good.
I played against Randy Moss last week, and I was all confident that Nnamdi would shut him down, but alas Randy came away with two TDs and about 70 yards. I don't think Nnamdi follows the #1 WR around the field, I think he stays on his side of the field.

Even if AJ is held down, Schaub has lots of other weapons: Walters, Slaton, Daniels.

I played against Randy Moss last week, and I was all confident that Nnamdi would shut him down, but alas Randy came away with two TDs and about 70 yards. I don't think Nnamdi follows the #1 WR around the field, I think he stays on his side of the field.
Ya Nnamdi didn't follow Randy around the field he stayed on the left side for the most part. Neither of Randy's touchdowns were on him. Typical Oakland to not fully utilize a player of Nnamdi's caliber by having him lock onto other teams #1 WR all game.

Anyone rolling with him this week? I just don't know if he's legit right now, or more importantly, if Oakland is as bad as they have shown through the air recently. Also, he seems to be an injury risk at any point.
Got him in over Rivers in 1 league.

I've been starting Schaub all year when he's healthy. Dude is an underrated qb stud.
problem is that there is always the risk of Schaub not finishing the game. He's done that not once, but twice already this year. I don't doubt his ability to put up numbers, I doubt his ability to stay healthy/play with pain. Rodgers, for example, has proven to be an iron man this year.
what is the second game to whcih you reference? he didn't finish the game against the vikings, though he did finish the half after taking the hit (some say illegal) from jared allen that hurt his MCL. IIRC, he came out and wanted to play the second half but was benched because of the concern of the injury ... so that's not a question of his toughness. and there's a risk of every QB not finishing a game.

Going with Schaub over Romo. Also playing AJ and Daniels so I'm all in on the Texans.
I'm probably doing the same, well Schaub, AJ and Slaton that is. I'm not confident that all 3 can have good days to be honest, and I kind of need that going up against a Peyton led lineup.

One thing that I think should be noted and hasnt been is that there is a very good possibility that it will be raining pretty good in Oakland on Sunday. I live in NoCal, and it is coming down hard as I type this. Local forecast says it will be real wet around here all weekend. If thats the case, Houston could put the ball on the ground all day with Slaton. I have to choose between Schaub and Cassel who will probably be playing in a blizzard.
Unless its constant hard rain I can't see it degrading Schaub's numbers much.For those contemplating Rogers or Schaub, realize that the current Chicago forecast is for a high of 8 degrees on Monday. That's right 8. :unsure:

Since the game is at night we're probably looking at negative numbers in the wind chill. I don't think that bodes too well.
I've always gone with the notion that rain helps QBs and WRs. Many reasons to support this, including the WR/QB knowing the pass pattern and the DB playing catchup o a slick track. It is high wind or otherwise horrile conditions like heavy snow that you want to watch out for.

Did this research for my Schaub v. Cutler decision. I'll post it just in case it helps someone. Based on the scoring in my league, here are the fantasy points given up to QBs by Oakland's D (top) and Buffalo's D (bottom) recently. Nothing shocking and all that really jumps out at me (which was already posted above) is that the Oak D has been in a downward spiral the past two weeks, so I might lean toward Schaub.

Week -- QB's name -- points

9 -- Ryan -- (18)

10 -- Delhomme -- (-1)

11 -- Pennington -- (8)

12 -- Cutler-- (8)

13 -- Thigpen -- (10)

14 -- Phillips -- (26)

15 -- Cassell -- (25)

9 -- Favre -- (12)

10 -- Pennington -- (13)

11 -- Shaun Hill -- (12)

12 -- Thigpen -- (23)

13 -- Hasselbeck -- (7)

14 -- Cassell -- (17)

15 -- Favre -- (8)

Despite what most rankings indicate, I still wonder if Schaub will have to throw all that much against that bad Oakland offense compared to Romo vs Balt.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far my instinct is right, Oak is not that bad. For whatever reason, any other option would've been better.

Just that every other expert was pimping Schaub but Houston ain't NE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started him with confidence over Warner. Disappointed I didn't get a little more from him but it proved to be the right call. The silver lining is that I went against Andre Johnson so I can't complain.

Well, if I lose tonight I can complain, but on the Texans alone I guess I'm okay.

Users who are viewing this thread