What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Schaub (1 Viewer)

HoTnickZ

Footballguy
Anyone rolling with him this week?

I just don't know if he's legit right now, or more importantly, if Oakland is as bad as they have shown through the air recently. Also, he seems to be an injury risk at any point.

Hell yes. Houston is a top 3 offense. Did you see what he and AJ did to the Tenn defense last week?

Start him with confidence.

Schaub wouldve been a top 3 QB this yr if he stayed healthy. Just look at his game by game totals. How can you bench him?

He is the #5 QB in my league points per game. Peyton #8. I am trying to decide which 1 to start...........

Yes, I am starting Matt Schaub for all the reason mentioned above plus the fact that watching Jay Cutler play has become far too nerve wracking lately.

Yes I'm starting him! Oakland didn't even show up last week, why would this week be any different?

TaxMan said:
considering starting Schaub over Warner. we'll see.
same here, got andre johnson, and boldin. if boldin is out, i will start shaub. hell, even if boldin does play, im still prolly 60/40 in favor of shaub

I'm just watchin' the weather. We are supposed to get rain in So Cal on Monday. That usually means Bay Area rain on Sunday.

TaxMan said:
same here, got andre johnson, and boldin. if boldin is out, i will start shaub. hell, even if boldin does play, im still prolly 60/40 in favor of shaub
Make it a 3rd looking at Schaub over Warner. I don't like Warner's matchup that much. If Schaub was at home it would be better but I'm rolling with him anyway.

TaxMan said:
Make it a 3rd looking at Schaub over Warner. I don't like Warner's matchup that much. If Schaub was at home it would be better but I'm rolling with him anyway.
i dont know where i read it, but im pretty sure NE doesnt have the best secondary...

I got burnt on the Raiders twice with Delhomme and Cutler (2nd start). 3rd times the charm????
Oakland just seem tricky to me. And you can't really compare Houston with NE.Bit surprised, I thought finals teams would not be leaning towards Schaub but here we are (plenty of Romo owners I'm sure?)

Yds/TD/Int allowed by Oak per week... (Home games in bold)

Week 15 - Cassell - 214/4/1

Week 14 - Rivers - 214/3/0

Week 13 - Thigpen - 162/0/1

Week 12 - Cutler - 204/0/1

Week 11 - Pennington - 174/0/0

Week 10 - Delhomme - 72/1/4

Week 9 - Ryan - 220/2/0

Week 8 - Flacco - 140/1/0

Week 7 - Favre - 197/0/2

Week 6 - Brees - 320/3/0

Week 5 - Bye

Week 4 - Rivers - 180/1/2

Week 3 - Edwards - 279/1/1

Week 2 - Thigpen - 151/1/1

Week 1 - Cutler - 299/2/0

Total Average 195/1.3/.9

Makes it tough to feel confident going with Schaub this week.

Low passing yardage has to be credited to Oaklands 31st ranked Run Def.

Week 9 - Ryan - 220/2/0

Week 7 - Favre - 197/0/2

Week 6 - Brees - 320/3/0

Week 5 - Bye

Total Average 195/1.3/.9

7 TD's and 1 INT over the last two weeks = positive trend makes u want to go with Schaub.

I'm rolling with Schaub over Mcnabb. To the guys debating between Schaub and Warner if Arizona was playing at home then Warner would definitely be the play. The Pats entire

defense has been devastated by injuries. Brushci (LB), Thomas (LB), Harrison (SS), J. Sanders (FS) are all starters and out this week with J. Sanders having a chance of playing but unlikely. Starters Wilfork (NT) and Warren (DT) have been limited in practice and missed game time recently. Guyton (LB), Alexander (LB), Woods (LB), Wheatley (CB), L. Sanders(S) all get significant minutes and are out or questionable. Our #1 CB Hobbs has been limited in practice this week. Oakland with Jamarcus freakin Russell put up almost 30 on us last Sunday.

The Patriots have been able to overcome injuries as well as any team since Belechick has been here but I'm really not optimistic were gonna be able to get off

the field on defense. Warner does a great job recognizing blitzes and making defenses pay when they bring 5+ men and are in man coverage and we don't get alot of pressure on

QB's bringing just 4 guys. I expect Arizona will move the ball up and down the field with the Pats hopefully clamping down in the red zone employing their bend but dont break

defense trying to eliminate the big play. Having said all that were supposed to get a foot of snow Friday and have an ice storm coming in on Sunday. So the conditions are in the

Pats favor. Arizona will not be able to run the ball on us. This game means far more to the Pats than it does Arizona. Also its quite possible Boldin will sit this 1 out. So because of the weather and this game not meaning much to Arizona I'd say its quite close between Kurt and Schaub and I would probably wait till game time to see how the conditions on the field are.

So anyone going up against Peyton? Need a high upside QB/lineup it looks like
Yes, but Wayne countered with a strong game. Debating Schaub over Rodgers. I'm actually looking for the safer play of the two. I think the upside is greater with Schaub, but so is the downside (injury history, fumbles every week, big lead = rushing 2nd half).

I;ve start Cutler every game since I traded for him... this may be the game I make the switch; no one can Cover AJ.
+1Traded for Cutler mid season, rode him to the championship, but pondering a switch to Schaub for the big game. It may come down to weather, as I like Cutler's matchup v. BUF in Denver as well as Schaub's matchup. Good to have choices, I guess.

Owner in my league started his Schaub against his opponent's Manning (19.32 Pts) while sitting Garrard on his bench (15.94 Pts)

:ouch:

Considering Schaub over McNabb but I'm not sure just yet although the last time I sat a QB facing Oakland I was sorry (Phillips in week 14).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Schaub / Warner owner. I must have switched my line up over 10 times this week. Schaub...Warner.....Warner.....Schaub

But as of Thursday night, I am feeling confident that Matt Schaub will be my Super Bowl QB.

The Cardinals have nothing to gain or lose here. Boldin his injured and why risk hurting Boldin further for a meaningless game. Why jeopardize an injury to Warner and end the playoff run before it began. I have such a bad feeling that the ARZ starters will be on the bench after Halftime. In the SB, I just can risk it. I am now locking on Schaub and riding HOT Houston. My SB dreams will live or die in Houston, for I have Schaub, A. Johnson, & Houston D starting this week. (Also have O. Daniels, but have Cooley as well, thank god.)

For all Warner/Schaub owners, It makes me sick, as it will you, that we have to do this in THE last game, but IMO, its the safest play.

For those basing the decision on weather, don't. The weather will most likely help, as WRs know what routes their running and CBs do not.

I am a Schaub / Warner owner. I must have switched my line up over 10 times this week. Schaub...Warner.....Warner.....Schaub

But as of Thursday night, I am feeling confident that Matt Schaub will be my Super Bowl QB.

The Cardinals have nothing to gain or lose here. Boldin his injured and why risk hurting Boldin further for a meaningless game. Why jeopardize an injury to Warner and end the playoff run before it began. I have such a bad feeling that the ARZ starters will be on the bench after Halftime. In the SB, I just can risk it. I am now locking on Schaub and riding HOT Houston. My SB dreams will live or die in Houston, for I have Schaub, A. Johnson, & Houston D starting this week. (Also have O. Daniels, but have Cooley as well, thank god.)

For all Warner/Schaub owners, It makes me sick, as it will you, that we have to do this in THE last game, but IMO, its the safest play.

For those basing the decision on weather, don't. The weather will most likely help, as WRs know what routes their running and CBs do not.
If theirs an ice storm like the weatherman is saying I fail to see how that will help throwing the ball and catching it.

Still grinding over whether to sit Cutler & go w/ Schaub. As mentioned above, weather may be a tie-breaker for me. I have no clue which way I'll go other than that.

Week 9 - Ryan - 220/2/0

Week 7 - Favre - 197/0/2

Week 6 - Brees - 320/3/0

Week 5 - Bye

Total Average 195/1.3/.9

the raiders two best home games came against delhomme and thigpen. i'd give schaub a big edge over them. they did well against rivers ... but ryan was solid, cutler was strong and cassel was off the charts. i have schaub and will start him along with hill in a 2-qb league. no other options.

for those deciding, i'd rank them:

cutler > schaub >>> romo this week. why throw someone out there against the ravens defense?

If theirs an ice storm like the weatherman is saying I fail to see how that will help throwing the ball and catching it.
:thumbdown: and I'll add that Warner is the one QB that you bench in situations like this. A) struggles when traveling cross country and B) really bad in poor weather conditions. I love Warner as much as anybody, one of my favorite players actually, but you bench him this week IMO.

Considering Schaub over McNabb. Both have been good lately. My issue is that I'm also playing against McNabb, so I'd hate to overthink this and not take the tie (I think the rest of my team is better).

I'm another shaub/warner owner going against manning in my championship game so i need a big game from my qb. I had warner in...currently it is shaub though. I don't like warner and the fumbles in a cold and wet stadium. I also like NE chances to just grind it out against them limiting warner's touches...

SuperJohn96 said:
Owner in my league started his Schaub against his opponent's Manning (19.32 Pts) while sitting Garrard on his bench (15.94 Pts):ouch:
Garrard on my bench too with Schaub in my lineup. Not feeling great about it today but hope it works out OK.

Rodgers/Schaub - tough decision. I think I'm going with the steady hand (Rodgers) over the upside/injury risk (Schaub). I had Rhodes and Wayne last night, so I feel I should go for steady points.

One thing that I think should be noted and hasnt been is that there is a very good possibility that it will be raining pretty good in Oakland on Sunday. I live in NoCal, and it is coming down hard as I type this. Local forecast says it will be real wet around here all weekend. If thats the case, Houston could put the ball on the ground all day with Slaton. I have to choose between Schaub and Cassel who will probably be playing in a blizzard.

One thing that I think should be noted and hasnt been is that there is a very good possibility that it will be raining pretty good in Oakland on Sunday. I live in NoCal, and it is coming down hard as I type this. Local forecast says it will be real wet around here all weekend. If thats the case, Houston could put the ball on the ground all day with Slaton. I have to choose between Schaub and Cassel who will probably be playing in a blizzard.
Unless its constant hard rain I can't see it degrading Schaub's numbers much.For those contemplating Rogers or Schaub, realize that the current Chicago forecast is for a high of 8 degrees on Monday. That's right 8. :lmao:

Since the game is at night we're probably looking at negative numbers in the wind chill. I don't think that bodes too well.

Users who are viewing this thread