What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matty Ice (1 Viewer)

agreed.average joe is probably better.or just cant win. or bum.

coaching staff also sucks so there's a lot of work to do in ATL get a new HC and start from there.this guy is a clown.

Matty still a really good QB.  Playcalling was awful, couldn't get a run game going, and faced a good d line. 

It's not that he's terrible it's just that the clutch "Matty Ice" is simply stupid and not what he is.

Name Matty isn't masculine but Matt is.  Must be an Irish thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deamon said:
Matty still a really good QB.  Playcalling was awful, couldn't get a run game going, and faced a good d line. 
First and goal from the 9.  You throw to Julio three times.  The slant, if thrown to his chest rather than his knees, wins the game.  Either 50/50 ball, if thrown not so high that Julio cannot leap 39" and reel the catch in, wins the game.

These three passing failures, with everything on the line, have nothing to do with bad playcalling, the run game, or the d line faced.  They are 100% on the quarterback.  And the fact that there were three of them makes Natty Ice pedestrian.

Tough crowd. I thought he stood tall against a tough defense. He made a throw at the end that could have won it for his team. Sometimes your team loses and that was not all on Matt.

Tough crowd. I thought he stood tall against a tough defense. He made a throw at the end that could have won it for his team. Sometimes your team loses and that was not all on Matt.
You are correct that its tough crowd feedback.  Not sure if the throw you mention is one of the three I listed, but in the end these "pressure cooker" moments are what defines the "lore" of a QB and in this case his execution came up short.  Earlier someone said....and I agree with...."good not great".

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct that its tough crowd feedback.  Not sure if the throw you mention is one of the three I listed, but in the end these "pressure cooker" moments are what defines the "lore" of a QB and in this case his execution came up short.  Earlier someone said....and I agree with...."good not great".
Or maybe I'm just bitter because I had Falcons returning to SB in the playoff contest and Natty Ice let me down.  :P

Coaches are given millions of dollars...spend 100+ hours per week watching film and game planning...

And the best they can come up with when the chips are down is two jump balls (one being a play that rolls out a QB not known for his mobility and shrinks the field by half) and a slant thrown two yards sort of the goal line? SMH

Contrast that with the mayhem you saw the Patriots inflict on the Titans last night.

Users who are viewing this thread