What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has this ever happened? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Bucs forced 3 turnovers inside the 10 and still lost. Jamarcus Mayfield really showed his true colors losing this one.

Has any team ever forced 3 turnovers inside the 10 (2 of which were on the 1) and somehow lost? That has to be a first, right? That’s as horrific a stat as I can imagine.

Really has to be a first.

Really would love someone to find this. I’ve already searched and couldn’t yield anything. Historic loss (or win depending on how you view it).

If they forced two turnovers inside the 1 and one inside the 10—sure—that means that they stopped the other team from scoring—but it also means that their offense got on the field with really bad starting position three separate occasions. Seems odd to blame that on Baker. Did you expect him to drive them 99 yards down the field for touchdowns twice?

If they forced two turnovers inside the 1 and one inside the 10—sure—that means that they stopped the other team from scoring—but it also means that their offense got on the field with really bad starting position three separate occasions. Seems odd to blame that on Baker. Did you expect him to drive them 99 yards down the field for touchdowns twice?
One of them was a TB. Also, when the defense does this 3x, you should have some incredible momentum.

One of them was a TB. Also, when the defense does this 3x, you should have some incredible momentum.
I get the point that you are trying to make—but on the other hand—the defense allowed the opposing team to march almost all the way down the field 3 times. While they luckily kept them to no points—they did nothing to help with field position. I’m certainly not giving Baker a pass—but I also think that giving him the lions share of the blame is also kinda unfair.

I get the point that you are trying to make—but on the other hand—the defense allowed the opposing team to march almost all the way down the field 3 times. While they luckily kept them to no points—they did nothing to help with field position. I’m certainly not giving Baker a pass—but I also think that giving him the lions share of the blame is also kinda unfair.
Did you watch the game?

My point is more so I don’t think it’s ever happened and would love to find out.

I don't think Baker played poorly. The defense let the Falcons (sans Bijan) run and pass all over them. They should have been blown out, but the turnovers kept them in the game.

I really don't see how people could have watched that game and put it on Baker. He was almost half the running game, too. Talk about no support.

Actually, Ridder's first fumble was not inside the 10-yard line - it was a 3rd and 11 from the 11. Plus, there was only like 15 seconds left before the half, so the Bucs didn't have time to capitalize. But yes, I'm sure it's very rare to have 2 turnovers at the 1 yard line. Now, if those TO's were at the other end of the field, giving TB 1st and goal two times, and they couldn't manage a single point, that would be pretty terrible.

I don't think Baker played poorly. The defense let the Falcons (sans Bijan) run and pass all over them. They should have been blown out, but the turnovers kept them in the game.

I really don't see how people could have watched that game and put it on Baker. He was almost half the running game, too. Talk about no support.
I don't think the Falcons ran all over TB. They just ran alot, but they only managed 4.1 YPC for the game. Heck, they held Allgeier to 21 for 59.

Baker Mayfield sucks
The Bucs scored 13 points
1 lousy TD and nobody wants to point a finger at the offense, incredible

Falcons 400 yds of offense, Ridder 19 of 25
Pointing to the Bucs O and calling them bad is like pointing to the Broncos O and calling them bad.
I'm gonna need a little more, sorry I don't understand
You think the Bucs "O" is solid? White their lead tailback was 13 for 34 on the ground.
That won't get it done

I don't think the Falcons ran all over TB. They just ran alot, but they only managed 4.1 YPC for the game. Heck, they held Allgeier to 21 for 59.
Well, I don't know the exact stats but I don't recall the last time a team put up 150+ on the ground against them. They're usually very good against the run, and that was without Bijan.

Baker Mayfield sucks
The Bucs scored 13 points
1 lousy TD and nobody wants to point a finger at the offense, incredible

Falcons 400 yds of offense, Ridder 19 of 25
I think everyone is willing to blame the offense. I think a lot of people don't see Baker as the problem. It's the running game. It hurt them last year and it's hurting them this year. I think their passing game is decent.

Users who are viewing this thread