What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL2 - Comment/question/discussion thread (4 Viewers)

14.13 Nate Kaeding PK SDpm'ing sniff for cowboys pick.
We've got guys PM'ing picks to somebody somewhere....just go back in the draft thread and figure out where the information lies...if anywhere at all.Twenty rounds on a single thread is getting to be a long download, even at top speeds.So, maybe as a concession to expediency, we consider running these on MFL next year....pre-draft and all being available.Only one argument against that: the advantage of having a long drawn out MB post draft is that the entire pre-season information string plays out over the (extended) course of the process. That's not that bad of a deal as you get to latch on to the emerging talent base.Maybe we should consider a thread devoted to who to PM for what....maybe that's a better idea....and, maybe breaking out another thread so's there not a lot of water behind the download bridge. :confused:
Sniff got Cowboy's pick in good time and there were no issues. MFL sucks farmanimalcock.

Like this team but bye week 7 and 8 could be an issue.

Peyton Manning(7)

Alex Smith(9)

Michael Turner(8)

Arian Foster(7)

Steve Slaton(7)

Mike Bell(8)

Anquan Boldin(8)

Dwayne Bowe(4)

Lee Evans(6)

Devery Henderson(10)

Louis Murphy(10)

Owen Daniels(7)

Todd Heap(8)

Mason Crosby(10)

Ryan Succop(4)

New Orleans(10)

Jacksonville(9)

My Team:

Matt Schaub 7, Matt Moore 6

Ray Rice 8, Clinton Portis 9, LT2 7, Tashard Choice 4, Mewelde Moore 5

Steve Smith (car) 6, Santana Moss 9, Mike Wallace 5, Mike Thomas 9, Kevin Walter 7, Julian Edelman 5

Kellen Winslow 4, Brandon Pettigrew 7

Pittsburgh 5, Tampa Bay 4

Nate Kaeding 10

I struggled with my last pick. will say more once final couple picks are in.

Okay a look at the Captain's Mates

QUARTERBACKS - Matthew Stafford (7) & Chad Henne (5)

Pretty happy with this combo despite deviating from my normal double up in 6/7 as after rostering Stafford, who with Best and Burleson on the field with Calvin could take a step up and be a Top 10 QB this year - at least he will have some really good games, and Henne whose Dolphins will try and both run more and still feed the Beast may not throw as much but I think be an adequate QB2.

Grade B

RUNNING BACKS - Chris Wells (6), Thomas Jones (4), Fred Taylor (5), and Chris Ivory (10)

If Beanie is getting overdrafted - and I may have been guilty here - then TJ is certainly getting drafted much later than he should (9.09 here).

Fred Taylor looks like he may well be the starter for New England and in a best ball format is certainly a decent RB3. Ivory was admittedly a shot, but several of my deep running back plays had been plucked and if Ivory is healthy himself should have some weeks where he will score with only Thomas and Bush ahead of him....and of course enormous upside were he to get more carries.

Grade C+ if not slightly higher, likely depending on whether the quarterback play in Arizona is adequate to get Wells the carries he needs.....still facing the Rams and SeaChickens twice and the Raiders and Chiefs and Broncos is pretty attractive

WIDE RECEIVERS - Miles Austin (4), Hakeem Nicks (8), Jeremy Maclin (8), T.J. Houshmandzadeh (FA?), Legedu Naanee (10), and Davone Bess (5)

Love the first three and the others all have upside depending on where Housh lands. Bess was a steal in the last round, especially with Camarillo gone.

Grade A- (for the two week eight byes and the uncertainty on Housh although it may well be a nice improvement)

TIGHT ENDS - Jermichael Finley (10) and Fred Davis (9)

I think Finley is a Top 3 TE this year if not number one and will have some monster games. Davis is a shot but we saw how well he can catch and really the Redskins WR corps is horrific, so McNabb could do well with both Davis and Cooley IF Skeletor lets him

Grade A

KICKERS - Ryan Longwell (4) and Olindo Mare (5)

Grade - Above Average

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS - Arizona Cardinals (6) and Denver Broncos (9)

Grade - Above Average

OVERALL - A team I think will compete all year

Team BassNBrew

QB: Brady 5, Sanchez 7 - Brady is an above average QB 1 and Sanchez a middling QB2. Grade B-

RB: ADP 4, Spiller 6, LJ 9, Jackson 10, McKnight 7 - Set at RB1 and RB2. Spiller stock is up since I selected him. Depth isn't exciting although McKnight could be a surprise once Green/LT get hurt. Grade B due to lack of good depth.

WR: Colsten 10, MSW 9, Holmes/Edwards 7, Manningham 8, Gonzalez 7 - Probably the strength of this team. Walker is an excellent WR2 in this format. Holmes and Edwards together will be one of the best WR3 in the league. Really not sure why Manningham has been dropping. He'll do well int his format. I must be the only one on the Gonzelez bandwagon. He get some work and any injury to another Colts WR makes this a great pick. Not sure why someone with a decent track record on a great passing offense flies under the radar. Grade A-

TE: Carlson 5, Scaife 9 - This could leave a mark in 2 ppr scoring. Grade D-

D: Philly 8 - Needed the extra slot at RB as a safety net. Grade D+

K: Buehler 4, Kasey 6 - Should be above average if Buehler survives the year. Kasey could be the sleeper kicker of the year based on preseason. Grade B

Overall I should hang around for quite awhile. No huge holes outside of a weak TE slot. Week 5 with Brady and Carlson off could be tough. The fate of this squad rests on Spiller and Carlson to exceed expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay a look at the Captain's Mates

QUARTERBACKS - Matthew Stafford (7) & Chad Henne (5)

Pretty happy with this combo despite deviating from my normal double up in 6/7 as after rostering Stafford, who with Best and Burleson on the field with Calvin could take a step up and be a Top 10 QB this year - at least he will have some really good games, and Henne whose Dolphins will try and both run more and still feed the Beast may not throw as much but I think be an adequate QB2.

Grade B

RUNNING BACKS - Chris Wells (6), Thomas Jones (4), Fred Taylor (5), and Chris Ivory (10)

If Beanie is getting overdrafted - and I may have been guilty here - then TJ is certainly getting drafted much later than he should (9.09 here).

Fred Taylor looks like he may well be the starter for New England and in a best ball format is certainly a decent RB3. Ivory was admittedly a shot, but several of my deep running back plays had been plucked and if Ivory is healthy himself should have some weeks where he will score with only Thomas and Bush ahead of him....and of course enormous upside were he to get more carries.

Grade C+ if not slightly higher, likely depending on whether the quarterback play in Arizona is adequate to get Wells the carries he needs.....still facing the Rams and SeaChickens twice and the Raiders and Chiefs and Broncos is pretty attractive

WIDE RECEIVERS - Miles Austin (4), Hakeem Nicks (8), Jeremy Maclin (8), T.J. Houshmandzadeh (FA?), Legedu Naanee (10), and Davone Bess (5)

Love the first three and the others all have upside depending on where Housh lands. Bess was a steal in the last round, especially with Camarillo gone.

Grade A- (for the two week eight byes and the uncertainty on Housh although it may well be a nice improvement)

TIGHT ENDS - Jermichael Finley (10) and Fred Davis (9)

I think Finley is a Top 3 TE this year if not number one and will have some monster games. Davis is a shot but we saw how well he can catch and really the Redskins WR corps is horrific, so McNabb could do well with both Davis and Cooley IF Skeletor lets him

Grade A

KICKERS - Ryan Longwell (4) and Olindo Mare (5)

Grade - Above Average

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS - Arizona Cardinals (6) and Denver Broncos (9)

Grade - Above Average

OVERALL - A team I think will compete all year
A little generous on your grading.QB - C. Unless Stafford cracks top 6 or Henne gets into the mid teens you don't have the firepower for above average weekly scores.

RB - D. I think a dozen teams outscore you here.

WR - B maybe B+ depending on Naane and Housh. Your top three are in the up quarter of the league, but the Housh whiff knocks you down.

TE - A or A-. I didn't look at all the other TE combos but you'll be in the top 3.

K/D - B. You got four but nothing real special.

All in all, probably a B- effort. You should survive the first half of the year but will need some surprises to be a contender for the title. I don't foresee any clunker weeks, but the immunities will likely be scarce unless Stafford catches fire. RB will make or break this team.

Good move on Slaton. I wanted to do the same with Hardesty after I had Harrison but the news on Rice kept me at WR.
I think Slaton was one of the best picks of the round.
And maybe not so much now with the Ward signing. I think just about everyone thinks that now (I think I got A. Foster in the 18th round or so in one of our before the NFL draft leagues in here) but the signing of Ward tells me they're not happy with Slaton more than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team discussion time.

Toads team is in the signature, below.

QB: I suspect that Romo will flame out as the "Boys" have looked like dog meat this pre-season. Maybe playing from behind will result in G points but I'm not encouraged. Orton has actually been a star in his second season in the same system so maybe there's hope at QB?

RB: CJ and his one man show. Forsett is what he is and Hightower will surprise. Bye week's will be a challenge and there's not a lot here, other than CJ's upside for 3,000 yards +.

WR: diversity and a wing and a prayer here. Picking a QB at the #2 turn (the 24-25 slot) was a mistake. A #12-13 WR would look good about now.

TE: Gonzo. solo here....should be OK but an exposure to the Week #8 winds here.

PK's: two with no bye week duplication (see Reaper/Commuter), check.

DEF: when it get's to about round #13-#14 there's a buncha bums looking for a way to get on the field. By sacrificing bums for a third and fourth DEF, I choose to take advantage of the DEF's upside and the DEF's point/game spread. Basically, I was looking for 10 point weeks to fill into the NYJ's down weeks (see DD, "Weekly Points" and "Pool Weekly Points " sort).

There's another upside to the DEF idea in that any DEF is likely to score big due to the big play score potential (return int/fumble for a TD ='s big week). I did all the SL's last year and there's a real hurdle that the 1.01 spot has to overcome....the first draft slot just doen't make for a good scoring slot in a 16 teamer with no first draft slot advancing to the final weeks and no winners there from. The four DEF strategy is an attempt to bridge the bye weekness's I had (Weeks # 2, #7 and #8) and get around the NYJ's Week #13 projection (1.5 point for NYJ's in Week #13, CHI projected at 14+ Week #13; OAK is the great hope in week #2 with WAS the same for week #8....both those weeks needed shoring up).

This will be a test for the four DEF strategy. I don't expect this team to light it up....it's designed to get to week #8 where everyone has a crap shoot and a built in bye weekness. If it makes it past the Week #8 hurdle, it could be a sneaky group.

Elimination Weeks:

#1- depease, #2- goDC, #3- Blue, #4 - BNB, #5 - Reaper, #6 - Fiddles/Blue, #7 - Old Mil, #8- Commuter, #9 - Blue/Fiddles/Reaper, #10 - Reaper/Hook, #11 - Blue/shadow, #12 - BSS, #13 - Blue/Commuter/Old Mil & Shadow

Can't wait till next year!

:excited:

Good move on Slaton. I wanted to do the same with Hardesty after I had Harrison but the news on Rice kept me at WR.
And maybe not so much now with the Ward signing. I think just about everyone thinks that now (I think I got A. Foster in the 18th round or so in one of our before the NFL draft leagues in here) but the signing of Ward tells me they're not happy with Slaton more than anything else.
ward is terrible, and Jjohnson dislocated a toe and got cut

ward is terrible, and Jjohnson dislocated a toe and got cut
Who's Jjohnson in this discussion?Got'a Jjohnson? :popcorn: :lmao:Known as Jjohnson and Jjohnson, right? :tumbleweed:

Team BassNBrew

QB: Brady 5, Sanchez 7 - Brady is an above average QB 1 and Sanchez a middling QB2. Grade B-

RB: ADP 4, Spiller 6, LJ 9, Jackson 10, McKnight 7 - Set at RB1 and RB2. Spiller stock is up since I selected him. Depth isn't exciting although McKnight could be a surprise once Green/LT get hurt. Grade B due to lack of good depth.

WR: Colsten 10, MSW 9, Holmes/Edwards 7, Manningham 8, Gonzalez 7 - Probably the strength of this team. Walker is an excellent WR2 in this format. Holmes and Edwards together will be one of the best WR3 in the league. Really not sure why Manningham has been dropping. He'll do well int his format. I must be the only one on the Gonzelez bandwagon. He get some work and any injury to another Colts WR makes this a great pick. Not sure why someone with a decent track record on a great passing offense flies under the radar. Grade A-

TE: Carlson 5, Scaife 9 - This could leave a mark in 2 ppr scoring. Grade D-

D: Philly 8 - Needed the extra slot at RB as a safety net. Grade D+

K: Buehler 4, Kasey 6 - Should be above average if Buehler survives the year. Kasey could be the sleeper kicker of the year based on preseason. Grade B

Overall I should hang around for quite awhile. No huge holes outside of a weak TE slot. Week 5 with Brady and Carlson off could be tough. The fate of this squad rests on Spiller and Carlson to exceed expectations.
I suck, see you guys next year.

Users who are viewing this thread