What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McCoy switching to zone blocking system (1 Viewer)

I admit, I don't follow college football that closely and the article below is the first mention I've heard of Chip Kelly running a different blocking system that might not be a natural fit to LeSean McCoy.

http://gcobb.com/2013/08/06/lesean-mccoy-must-adjust-to-zone-blocking-scheme-more-than-his-backups/

thoughts? anything worth considering?
We saw if McFadden that O-line and RB don't always take well to it. When it works its great but when it misses its really bad.

I admit, I don't follow college football that closely and the article below is the first mention I've heard of Chip Kelly running a different blocking system that might not be a natural fit to LeSean McCoy.

http://gcobb.com/2013/08/06/lesean-mccoy-must-adjust-to-zone-blocking-scheme-more-than-his-backups/

thoughts? anything worth considering?
We saw if McFadden that O-line and RB don't always take well to it. When it works its great but when it misses its really bad.
yeah, I actually thought the same when I read that.

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. Important to see how McCoy is affected in preseason games. I am also weary of McCoy due to his late season concussion, seemed like he didn't recover very quickly.

I LOVE McCoy, but I HATE coaching changes for players I select in the first few rounds. Might have to pass this season and instead grab Bryce Brown late.

I don't buy into this. Kelly is too smart (I hope) to pull the same nonsense that Oakland did last year. McCoy has the best lateral step in the league. He's also done nothing but rave about the new system and is in the best shape of his career. Sure there is always risk with change but McCoy is an elite talent--he should adapt and thrive.

By the way, Polk is a serious threat to overtake Brown and RB2 according to local reports including Ray Didenger FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread