What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mean guy, little kid, foul ball.... blah, blah, blah (1 Viewer)

Grown men that bring baseball gloves to a game is cringe worthy.

Ftr, guy is a ##### but mostly because he is a Red Sox fan

Did I watch the same video as you guys? I was expecting to see a guy wrestling a little kid out of a ball. What I did see was a ball bounce, land and a guy reach down and grab it. No foul there, except the weak happy dance afterwards.

Mean bully? WTH? The guy reached down and grabbed a ball that landed by his feet. Is the only acceptable etiquette nowadays to catch the ball on a fly and then find and give to the nearest kid in the 2 seconds you're on camera?

Are you talking about the same doosh guy who killed the kid so he could get he ball? Cuz I think it's his cap that is in his left hand, not a glove.

Guy was a dink but I've seen worse, the public ridicule is probably enough punishment. I certainly wouldn't advocate putting the guy in a room for 5 minutes with Jared Remy.

Guy was a dink but I've seen worse, the public ridicule is probably enough punishment. I certainly wouldn't advocate putting the guy in a room for 5 minutes with Jared Remy.
Are you familiar with Deadspin? It's mostly shtick, guy. There is an entire "terrible people" section. Some are worse than others.

Guy was a dink but I've seen worse, the public

ridicule is probably enough punishment. I certainly wouldn't advocate putting the guy in a room for 5 minutes with Jared Remy.
Are you familiar with Deadspin? It's mostly shtick, guy. There is an entire "terrible people" section. Some are worse than others.
Appreciate the clarification chief, I'm off to Weinerama for a 1/2 dozen without onions and then I'm heading to the beach.

I'd rip on it being a reflection of people in Boston... But without that Boston mindset of individualsim we wouldn't have won the revolutionary war. in fact we may have not even revolted at all.

I think the guy should have probably given the ball the kid, but :shrug:

Not my proudest moment, but years and years ago I go out to our minor league park here with my wife and friends (it was during a 2 for 1 beer night of course) and here comes the foul ball. Now, I have a big beer in one hand and I think a hot dog or a slice of pizza whatever--I don't remember--did I mention it was 2 for 1 beer night? But I am faced with a choice of what to drop and being a real man, there was no choice. So I stick out my empty hand, that had food in it a second ago, and magically I catch this ball. Now you know what, it hurt like a kick to the nuts, but I remember I didn't spill a drop of beer. I didn't do a dance or hold up the ball because frankly IT HURT!!! But I remember the people around me saying, "Give it to the kid, Give it to the kid" I looked around and there wasn't a kid near me, but there was a kid down like 4-5 rows holding up his glove. I said screw that and I kept It. Heck, I was out of $$ paid for food, my hand feels like bullet ants have gone to town, I am keeping this darn ball.

Not my proudest moment, but years and years ago I go out to our minor league park here with my wife and friends (it was during a 2 for 1 beer night of course) and here comes the foul ball. Now, I have a big beer in one hand and I think a hot dog or a slice of pizza whatever--I don't remember--did I mention it was 2 for 1 beer night? But I am faced with a choice of what to drop and being a real man, there was no choice. So I stick out my empty hand, that had food in it a second ago, and magically I catch this ball. Now you know what, it hurt like a kick to the nuts, but I remember I didn't spill a drop of beer. I didn't do a dance or hold up the ball because frankly IT HURT!!! But I remember the people around me saying, "Give it to the kid, Give it to the kid" I looked around and there wasn't a kid near me, but there was a kid down like 4-5 rows holding up his glove. I said screw that and I kept It. Heck, I was out of $$ paid for food, my hand feels like bullet ants have gone to town, I am keeping this darn ball.
what did you do with the ball?

He probably took better care of it than the kid would have.

Uh oh. McGarnicle is about to scold me again.
Meh. Words fail to convey how wrong this is and clearly it falls of deaf ears anyway. You've got your audience and you seem to feel really good about this whole thing, so enjoy it buddy. I hope no one ever judges you harshly based on 10 seconds of your life taken out of context.

Meh. Words fail to convey how wrong this is and clearly it falls of deaf ears anyway. You've got your audience and you seem to feel really good about this whole thing, so enjoy it buddy. I hope no one ever judges you harshly based on 10 seconds of your life taken out of context.
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

He probably took better care of it than the kid would have.
I collect sports cards and memorabilia. I have two rooms of my house set up like a semi-card store and I have the ball displayed on a shelf with other signed baseballs. I wish I would have remembered who hit it so I could have gotten this one signed. But I do remember that night ended up with a waiter at Bennigans asking us to leave. Again not my proudest moment, but this was years before my wife and I had kids.

I collect sports cards and memorabilia. I have two rooms of my house set up like a semi-card store and I have the ball displayed on a shelf with other signed baseballs. I wish I would have remembered who hit it so I could have gotten this one signed. But I do remember that night ended up with a waiter at Bennigans asking us to leave. Again not my proudest moment, but this was years before my wife and I had kids.
I don't understand. Before you had kids, was your proudest moment getting kicked out of a Bennigans or setting up two rooms in your house like a baseball card shop?

I don't understand. Before you had kids, was your proudest moment getting kicked out of a Bennigans or setting up two rooms in your house like a baseball card shop?
Yeah, I know not the manliest of hobbies :bag: , but something I still enjoy and my kids should be able to scratch together a decent chunk of change once I am gone...

And then he holds it aloft, showing it off like he's freaking Brooks Robinson or something. Dude, you picked it up off the ground after missing it.Worst person ever.
:lol:

Rack RN.

Are you talking about the same doosh guy who killed the kid so he could get he ball? Cuz I think it's his cap that is in his left hand, not a glove.
No, just a general statement. I sometimes enjoy making sweeping statements about things to further my side of an argument. I'm told it's a big reason I'm single and living the dream.

Yeah, I know not the manliest of hobbies :bag: , but something I still enjoy and my kids should be able to scratch together a decent chunk of change once I am gone...
We had a Florida Marlins ring at the shop a few years ago that I made really good money on. And about a year ago I sold a Babe Ruth signed baseball, but I really regret that and I want to get another one back. It really sort of is the Holy Grail.

Are you the guy in the video? If not, I don't see how your supposed context has anymore validity than RN's supposed context. Not to mention being insulted on the internet is about as tame of a punishment as one can receive, it's not like RN slashed the guy's tires or something.

Are you the guy in the video? If not, I don't see how your supposed context has anymore validity than RN's supposed context. Not to mention being insulted on the internet is about as tame of a punishment as one can receive, it's not like RN slashed the guy's tires or something.
After thinking about it some more, rubbing the poor kid's nose in it with that stupid celebration (even if it was unintentional) was more offensive than going after the ball. I probably would have left it alone if he picked up the ball and just sat back down, but acting like a goon who has never seen a baseball before as the little kid sat there depressed bothered me.

I don't really see the big deal though. He had a second to react and grabbed for the ball like anyone would. Not enough time to process the idea that he should just stand there and let the kid get it. Then held it up. I've never gotten a foul ball and would be really stoked too. Then the camera pans away. I would've given the kid the ball. Maybe he did, we don't know. Time elapsed from the ball landing to the camera panning away is 10 seconds.
Nope. I'll go for the catch. But if it hits the ground, it's yours.

It's a ####### baseball.

Because he's damning the guy without all the evidence and all I'm saying is, maybe he handed the kid the ball and gave him a high-five, and thus doesn't deserve to be publicly humiliated in the first place? Is this seriously so difficult to understand?RN put the odds of him giving the ball to the kid at .5%. I think it's more like 60 or 70%, so that's where we differ. He said I'm entitled to my opinion and I concur that he's entitled to his. There is not a doubt in my mind RN is a good dude and sticking up for a kid he thinks was slighted.

Getting falsely accused of something REALLY SUCKS. Go through it once and you'll look at something like this very differently.

Because he's damning the guy without all the evidence and all I'm saying is, maybe he handed the kid the ball and gave him a high-five, and thus doesn't deserve to be publicly humiliated in the first place? Is this seriously so difficult to understand?RN put the odds of him giving the ball to the kid at .5%. I think it's more like 60 or 70%, so that's where we differ. He said I'm entitled to my opinion and I concur that he's entitled to his. There is not a doubt in my mind RN is a good dude and sticking up for a kid he thinks was slighted.

Getting falsely accused of something REALLY SUCKS. Go through it once and you'll look at something like this very differently.
I didn't go on TV calling the guy a rapist. C'mon man.

Not saying you did anything close to that. You've pointed him out as a rude and insensitive jerkoff and a buffoon who celebrates catching a foul ball from some scrub player. You got the sporting equivalent of TMZ to agree with you and now a lot of people will see it. Odds are decent he gets recognized, and what comes of it is anyone's guess. I wouldn't want to be that guy.

Not saying you did anything close to that. You've pointed him out as a rude and insensitive jerkoff and a buffoon who celebrates catching a foul ball from some scrub player. You got the sporting equivalent of TMZ to agree with you and now a lot of people will see it. Odds are decent he gets recognized, and what comes of it is anyone's guess. I wouldn't want to be that guy.
If he didn't realize he was being a jerk in that moment, chances are what comes of it is he emails everyone he knows with the link in an email entitled "I'M FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!"

Japan is quite a bit more safety conscience than we are. They actually have officials in each section who blow a whistle whenever a foul ball is hit is headed towards that section. It was way late in the game before I even realized what they were doing.

Users who are viewing this thread