What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Meaningless Pro Bowl (1 Viewer)

helix

Footballguy
Just in case anyone thought that being elected to go to the Pro Bowl meant something, a stiff gets the nod. McNair has had some great years, but not the last 2. What a joke.

Titans | McNair Hawaii bound

Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:30:46 -0800

Associated Press reports Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair has been added to the AFC's Pro Bowl roster as a replacement for Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer.

Football isn't really condusive to all-star games. I don't blame these guys for not wanting to play. While the actual game may be meaningless, there is still honor in being selected on the original lost.

Just in case anyone thought that being elected to go to the Pro Bowl meant something, a stiff gets the nod. McNair has had some great years, but not the last 2. What a joke.

Titans | McNair Hawaii bound

Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:30:46 -0800

Associated Press reports Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair has been added to the AFC's Pro Bowl roster as a replacement for Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer.
I guess up next is Chad Pennington or something... they're running out of starting QBs to send to the Pro Bowl... :mellow:

As a Titans fan, I find it sickening that McNair made it, and its just a testament to how many injuries there were in the AFC.

HURT:

Brady

Pennington

Palmer

Plummer

Leftwich*not currently injured, but was hurt for most of the season

Brees

TERRIBLE:

Boller

Frye/Dilfer

Frerotte

Losman

Carr

Collins

DESERVING:(One of these guys must not be playing, but Im too lazy to look.)

Green

Big Ben

Manning

Basically, all this pro bowl nod means for McNair is that he was better than Kerry Collins and Gus Frerotte and stayed healthy.

McNair has been underappreciated for the better part of his career...nice to see him get one back.

The title is pefectly fitting, but good for McNair. The guy's close to calling it a day, and this will give him a chance to get together with alot of guys he's battled with thru the years. Should be a good moment for him, and I wouldnt doubt if he ends up the game's MVP....for whatever its worth.

McNair has been underappreciated for the better part of his career...nice to see him get one back.
No kidding. I have enjoyed many great years watching McNair give up his health for us fans....guys like him make the NFL worth watching.

No kidding. I have enjoyed many great years watching McNair give up his health for us fans....guys like him make the NFL worth watching.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I enjoy watching McNair a lot. He is one of the gutsiest players in the NFL in a long, long time. He's played with more injuries than anyone I can think of.But he hardly had a Pro Bowl caliber year....

I know Im in the minority, but I thought Gus played well. 3000 yards, 18 TD's and 13 INT's in 14 and a half games. Plus his team played very well down the stretch. Sure its not pro bowl level, but come on, he was better than McNair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that McNair has absolutely no business going to the Pro Bowl this year.

But considering that everyone knows the game is a joke anyway, I guess it's not that big of a deal.

I agree that McNair has absolutely no business going to the Pro Bowl this year.

But considering that everyone knows that the game is a joke anyway, I guess it's not that big of a deal.
:goodposting:

Still, McNair is a curious addition considering he was 10th in the AFC in passer rating, 8th in passing yards, and 10th in passing TDs.

:confused:

He is getting in under the old "Michael Bennett" rule, though Bennett was probably more deserving when he slimed into the pro-bowl.

How the heck doesn't Green go?

another 4,000 yard season (no one saw that one coming midway through the year), 17 TDs/10 INTs, 7.9ypa, his stats were excellent and he played supremely well down the stretch.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I enjoy watching McNair a lot. He is one of the gutsiest players in the NFL in a long, long time. He's played with more injuries than anyone I can think of.But he hardly had a Pro Bowl caliber year....
I agree and actually laughed out loud with the McNair announcement this week. :lmao:

This is just further proof of how meaningless pro bowl bids are and why they should never be used to prop up or demean someone's Hall of Fame worthiness.

Count yourselves in the minority of people who actually know one of the Qbs playing. ESPN could play a worlds strongest man competition and no one would feel like they 'missed out' on the pro bowl

another 4,000 yard season (no one saw that one coming midway through the year), 17 TDs/10 INTs, 7.9ypa, his stats were excellent and he played supremely well down the stretch.
The AFC qbs are Manning, GREEN and McNair........

The AFC qbs are Manning, GREEN and McNair........
:eek: I forgot that Brady had surgery

I hear Tommy Maddox is next on the list if someone else gets hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread