What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Merry Christmas! (1 Viewer)

My two best Christmas' as a kid were when I was 7 and 10 years old. When I was seven I got a bike and didn't know it at the time, but my mom didn't have any money and we lived in a housing project. That would change later. I found out sometime in my 50s that her boyfriend at the time bought it. It was a lime green Schwinn Stingray with a racing slick back tire. Top of the line bicycle at the time (mid-60s) and every kid wanted one. Second, was waking up Christmas morning in 1969 and getting a Super Bowl III electric football set featuring the Colts vs. the Jets. It was the first Super Bowl electric football set and carries a premium value to this day. I recently sold one on E-Bay for $500 (not the one I received as a kid). Actually I've bought and sold several on E-Bay. The Schwinn Stingray goes for about 2K today if in good condition.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to you all as well! One of my favorite football memories around this time of year was the Pats 4th quarter comeback against the Giants in Week 17 of 1996, including Dave Meggett’s punt return touchdown. Probably the play I remember most vividly. Also Barry Sanders (perhaps my favorite non-Pats player ever) reaching 2,000 yards the following year. Both were a few days before Christmas but I was visiting relatives both time for the holidays.

Merry Christmas. Hope Kelce and the Chiefs opened their presents early. Raiders dropped a lump of coal in their stockings!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread