What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Message Board Team (1 Viewer)

Oh no, I'm shocked. He actually picked me. :shock: Thank you, Unlucky.I had my 'rejection' speech all planned, typed and ready to go; an ugly, self-pitying puddle of etymological goo which would have proven just how narrow and selfish I can be; a bitter diatribe filled with vulgar and offensive slurs and attacks on the Unlucky one; and a visceral, mean-spirited attempt to demean and ridicule the Select Eleven's worthiness to replace me on the squad.Uh, I done gots no acceptance speech ready. Shucks. :11: The Couch Potato humbly accepts this selection, and despite all the lies I told in my application, I promise to be ready for the draft. Um, if anyone out there can tell me a little about this thing you call fantasy football, I'd be most appreciative. It can't be that tough. Fire me an email. I shall now go celebrate by doing the thing I do best. I'm going to go take a nap. :sleep: Salud

Last edited by a moderator:
If I might be the first to say that the sour grapes crew should take this somewhere else. There are plenty of permutations of how this team could have been made that would have been fair, yet there would be someone left off that a)won some survivor league before, b) is in some ultra mega league, or c) is some great guy around here. It is a very simple thing. There were 11 slot and more than 11 people applied. Get over it and move on. I wish shick! was monitoring here to delete all the crybaby posts. Get over yourselves.That is all.GatorPS. Am I upset I didn't make it, sure, but I see those who got in and see that there are no slouches there either.
:lol: Of course it must be crybaby talk and not smack talk. I mean, come on, there hasn't been any smack around here the last few weeks about this contest. ;) The last two sentences were by far the best. Where's that brown nose smiley when you need it. :rotflmao:

I for one plan on dominating my fellow messageboarders and footballguys staffmembers for yet another year in the Survivor format. :football: Good luck to the team. I look forward to critiquing the drafts.

TEAM:1. Unlucky2. Couch Potato3. bostonfred4. joffer5. sandbagger6. rebel347. Twilight8. Joe T9. Fullback Fro10. Grouse11. Mr. Pickles12. SinrmanAlternates:1. Joseph2. GregR3. Iwannabeacowboybaby!4. Yamato
Pretty sad when I've never seen a post by some of these guys - way to represent the MB LOL!!!
:rolleyes: For someone who doesn't care about anything, as you pointed out several times in your attempt to get picked, you seem to have a little bitterness pouring out of your keyboard.

please post details regarding definite draft date/time when available... and guidelines on the timeline for analysis of each pick.thanks.

Of course it must be crybaby talk and not smack talk. I mean, come on, there hasn't been any smack around here the last few weeks about this contest. ;) The last two sentences were by far the best. Where's that brown nose smiley when you need it. :rotflmao:
did you read it? This thread is the red card locker room thread from major league. You don't want to be smack talking where certain people just got tagged.Kleck, you must be one of those guys that rags on someone after you get them in a bad beat at a poker game.Sorry if class to you = brown nose. Whatever dude. I've wasted enough time with someone like you.For the record, switz made it sound like he could give a crap whether he was picked or not. After he didn't get it, it sure sounded like sour grapes to me...

Congrats to all those that made it. This should be a lot of fun. No more smack talk coming from these lips. I expect this to be a great contest.

with all the FFA guys that ended up being chosen, at least their writeups might be as humorous as the teams they end up drafting.
The FFA guys will make some of the best write-ups. It should be educational and entertaining. As for them having humorous teams... You do know why they hang out in the FFA all the time don't you? It's because they already know everything there is to know about fantasy football and they don't feel like wasting their time in the Shark Pool. It would be like Drinen taking a class on statistics. There's no need for it.Joe T, Pickles, bagger, Fro... these guys will do just fine. They'll make you and Colin regret taking the staff job, and Chase wish he were still in Europe. ;)

TEAM:1. Unlucky2. Couch Potato3. bostonfred4. joffer5. sandbagger6. rebel347. Twilight8. Joe T9. Fullback Fro10. Grouse11. Mr. Pickles12. SinrmanAlternates:1. Joseph2. GregR3. Iwannabeacowboybaby!4. Yamato
Pretty sad when I've never seen a post by some of these guys - way to represent the MB LOL!!!
try leaving the Shark Pool once in a while

Of course it must be crybaby talk and not smack talk. I mean, come on, there hasn't been any smack around here the last few weeks about this contest. ;) The last two sentences were by far the best. Where's that brown nose smiley when you need it. :rotflmao:
did you read it? This thread is the red card locker room thread from major league. You don't want to be smack talking where certain people just got tagged.Kleck, you must be one of those guys that rags on someone after you get them in a bad beat at a poker game.Sorry if class to you = brown nose. Whatever dude. I've wasted enough time with someone like you.For the record, switz made it sound like he could give a crap whether he was picked or not. After he didn't get it, it sure sounded like sour grapes to me...
I thought you were just fishing, but you're actually serious. :shock: Lighten up, bro. It's all in good fun.

with all the FFA guys that ended up being chosen, at least their writeups might be as humorous as the teams they end up drafting.
The FFA guys will make some of the best write-ups. It should be educational and entertaining. As for them having humorous teams... You do know why they hang out in the FFA all the time don't you? It's because they already know everything there is to know about fantasy football and they don't feel like wasting their time in the Shark Pool. It would be like Drinen taking a class on statistics. There's no need for it.

Joe T, Pickles, bagger, Fro... these guys will do just fine. They'll make you and Colin regret taking the staff job, and Chase wish he were still in Europe. ;)
Bingo!Excellent choices - good blend from both boards - this is going to be GREAT!

I for one plan on dominating my fellow messageboarders and footballguys staffmembers for yet another year in the Survivor format. :football:
Another? It didn't seem like you had even started yet. :P
The Soulless One hath spoken. :PEdit to add: Special thumbs up to bostonfred and 'bagger. I'd love to see a couple of SII guys go 1-2 in this thing.

I for one plan on dominating my fellow messageboarders and footballguys staffmembers for yet another year in the Survivor format. :football:
You would've been tops on my list buddy...definitely one of the 11. It'll be interesting to see how the survivor rookies perform. :popcorn: At least we have the seven new rookies in Survivor II to beat up on!

Would have loved to have participated...but I didn't try out,Reason 1: I know the guys selected will do one whale of a job andReason 2: I flunked the first requirement. :wall: On Saturday afternoon June 5, I'll be walking around the Bok Tower gardens in Lake Wales FL with hubby, two teenaged daughters (ages 16 going on 37 and 15 going on 6), mother in law and father in law.I won't even know who got drafted until I get back from vacation (appx June 15).GDB me not having internet service from 6/2 through 6/4.GB me going on a Carribbean cruise 6/6 through 6/13But 'nuff gloating on my partLet's Kick some FBG staff ***!

Congrats to the Message Board guys that were selected to represent us. I say the board opens as a 5-2 favorite!

Joe T, Pickles, bagger... these guys will do just fine. They'll make you and Colin regret taking the staff job, and Chase wish he were still in Europe. ;)
word :fro: too
Yes! I edited the first post. Sorry Fro.Them, and the others I didn't list because I couldn't remember their names off the top of my head, will all represent us well. :thumbup:

Would have loved to have participated...but I didn't try out,Reason 1: I know the guys selected will do one whale of a job andReason 2: I flunked the first requirement. :wall: On Saturday afternoon June 5, I'll be walking around the Bok Tower gardens in Lake Wales FL with hubby, two teenaged daughters (ages 16 going on 37 and 15 going on 6), mother in law and father in law.I won't even know who got drafted until I get back from vacation (appx June 15).GDB me not having internet service from 6/2 through 6/4.GB me going on a Carribbean cruise 6/6 through 6/13But 'nuff gloating on my partLet's Kick some FBG staff ***!
Reason 3: you just drafted Chris Brown in the second round of the Spring Survivor Draft ;)

The Soulless One hath spoken. :PEdit to add: Special thumbs up to bostonfred and 'bagger. I'd love to see a couple of SII guys go 1-2 in this thing.
:rotflmao: Now, where to procure another soul for this year's SII...Second that about the SII guys - tear it up. fellas!! :thumbup:

First Off I would like to thank God for making this all possible.

:pointstosky:

Unlucky, I accept the nomination and thank you sincerly for selecting me to represent the message board. I trust you had a most difficult task in selecting your squadron, but it looks like you have done an outstanding job.

Unlucky "That's not the cup of a carpenter, this is the cup of a carpenter".

Guardian Knight   "YOU HAVE CHOSEN . . . . . .  WISELY"
Next I would like to thank my parents for having me. I couldn't have been here without you guys. I would to thank the FFA for inspiration. In no particular order I would like to thank:tGunz and and pirate

Melly Mel

zipper

shuke

Capella

tdoss

JAA

General Malaise

Jerismoo

foos

Yank23

Honda

Psy Kev

TenTimes

icon

Hipple

Sonny

cactus

Remus

jplvr

bostonfred

Shady

Shooter

scooby

urbanhack

titty

wilked

Z

bigbottom

shinnig path

fatguy

Invis

alias

Legion of Doom

Courtjester

bently

MacArtist

Drifter

iamsmillin

Madden

beef

billsfan

Isle

ChemX

Idiot

Chem Smoo

randal

cosjob

mad cow

Klaw

Norville

Tigerfan

gateway

SaveFerris

Pod

Stompin

jamny

Gator

rover

aardball

Gstrot

Big Red

domer

numb

topdog

imprisoned Saints fan

djcolts

BGP

gambino

FatMax

tommyboy

Tough As Nails

Norman Eistein

Kovax

Giantseasonticketholder

Eagle Eye

ratpfink

diesel

MrP

kupcho1

Spears

17seconds

zamboni

Koya

RoarinSonoran,

NY/NJMUFFDIVER

N.Y. Shreks

RedRaiders

BrentBlack

Mystery Achiever

FightingWombat

Jefferson the Caregiver

tommy3

Men-in-Cleats

Watson

Blue Onion

rabidfireweasel

DaVinci

Sundays Rule

And any others that I may have forgotten. You guys are my inspiration and I will not let you down. This casbah will be rocked like amadeous. To all the ladies out there, I will be busy on saturday so don't be botherin' me non, Yo. Lastly I would like to thank the acedemy of FBG for hosting this place. It will be my honor to show you that this place is made up by its members. Staff Schmaff. MB in '04.

Pickles, JoeT, Bagger, We did it.

The rest of you guys . . lets give them the Giant Shocker

WTYM

:fro:

You would've been tops on my list buddy...definitely one of the 11. It'll be interesting to see how the survivor rookies perform. :popcorn: At least we have the seven new rookies in Survivor II to beat up on!
Thanks, man. Any one of us from SII would have been capable of winning this thing. But, I can see why it's a good idea to mix it up a bit and get others involved in some of the high-profile events. I don't feel too bad about not making the cut - it'd have been nice, but I've got SII and a spot the top "No Mercy" league. Plenty of chances for folks to bask in my awesomeness. :rolleyes: I'm really interested to see what some other guys can bring to the table, and win or lose - the commentary should be a blast. I know I tended to be a little bland/clinical sometimes.

TEAM:1. Unlucky2. Couch Potato3. bostonfred4. joffer5. sandbagger6. rebel347. Twilight8. Joe T9. Fullback Fro10. Grouse11. Mr. Pickles12. Sinrman
:confused: I think you misspelled my name. It's a-r-d-e-t-h-a-n. None of those are even phonetically similar to my name!Wait a minute...GL guys!

I would to thank the FFA for inspiration.
I wouldn't be bragging about this as a qualification. I've found the majority of FFA competition not quite as stiff as those from the Pool. ;)

great picks unlucky...looks like a very even matchup...it should be very fun watching this pan out.thanking unlucky for being picked is hardly kissing up...those picked earned it im sure and will represent...anyway :boxing:edit to add: congrats to twillight and bostonfred...class acts...and great survivor drafters...my money is on you two...anyone want some? :boxing:

Thanks for the nod Unlucky. I am in.This team is definitely a diverse bunch, which I think will be a good thing for the message board team.

This thread is the red card locker room thread from major league. You don't want to be smack talking where certain people just got tagged.

Kleck, you must be one of those guys that rags on someone after you get them in a bad beat at a poker game.

Sorry if class to you = brown nose. Whatever dude. I've wasted enough time with someone like you.

For the record, switz made it sound like he could give a crap whether he was picked or not. After he didn't get it, it sure sounded like sour grapes to me...
I'm sorry you misunderstood my comments as sour grapes and not smack. With all the smack talk in these contest threads this past week or so I didn't think anyone would get offended by some more. I just wanted to support the other No Mercy guys that have worked their way up, or stayed at the top. It was all in good fun.As for the Major League movie comparison, I guess I didn't see this contest as a life long goal like players trying to make the big leagues. I didn't expect you or others to be hurt by not getting selected. I'm sorry, I thought this would be fun for everyone whether they made it or not.

For all the guys that got the red ticket and are hurt, I'm sure you'll live to see another day.

I like to think about this song when I'm down.

From Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory Soundtrack

Cheer Up, Charlie

Charlie's Mother: You get blue like everyone

But me and Grandpa Joe

Can make your troubles go away

Blow away, there they go...

Cheer up, Charlie

Give me a smile

What happened to the smile I used to know

Don't you know your grin has always

Been my sunshine;

Let that sunshine show...

Come on, Charlie

No need to frown

Deep down you know tomorrow is your toy...

When the days get heavy

Never pitter patter

Up and at'em boy

Some day, sweet as a song

Charlie's lucky day will come along

Till that day

You've got to stay strong Charlie

Up on top is right where you belong

Look up, Charlie

You'll see a star

Just follow it and keep your dreams in view

Pretty soon the sky is going to clear up

Charlie,

Cheer up Charlie,do

Cheer up Charlie

Just be glad you're you.

Maybe you guys will find that Golden Ticket next year. :thumbup:

Silly silly silly. How you could ever leave off my little schoomkums is just plain kooky. Little T used to speak so highly of this site, "what a great guy that Joe was and how Shick! would always take him cornholing." I always thought VBD was something he got from his cousin Terri.

17 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

12 Members: TommyGunZ's Mom, Capella, Ksquared, footballman_696969, themikus, purplehaze67, Mungo Burrows, Snicks, mashedbananas, Redhots GM, valence, The Tick

This should be good. :rotflmao:

I wouldn't be bragging about this as a qualification. I've found the majority of FFA competition not quite as stiff as those from the Pool. ;)
I bet you you like em stiff. Huh, there radcokandballs? ;)
:rotflmao: Let's see two posts, two typos. Can't wait to see your writeups Fro. That's not how you spell ####. :rotflmao:

Silly silly silly. How you could ever leave off my little schoomkums is just plain kooky. Little T used to speak so highly of this site, "what a great guy that Joe was and how Shick! would always take him cornholing." I always thought VBD was something he got from his cousin Terri.
:rotflmao:

well, unlucky's mom is going to be getting a phone call soon...

18 Members: TommyGunZ's Mom, footballman_696969, Land Rush 101, tommyGunZ, Ksquared, crazygutgut, pirate, Steelers4Life, grouse, jurb26, bostonfred, themikus, purplehaze67, Mungo Burrows, Snicks, mashedbananas, Redhots GM, valence
I told you were grounded from this site for 4 days. I know how upsetting it is for you not to be on this team with your friends. Now run along and help your sister with your chores.

I would to thank the FFA for inspiration. In no particular order I would like to thank:tGunz and and pirateMelly MelzippershukeCapella .........
Must have forgot his favorite mod... :(

I bet you you like em stiff. Huh, there radcokandballs? ;)
:rotflmao: Let's see two posts, two typos. Can't wait to see your writeups Fro. That's not how you spell ####. :rotflmao:
*********unintentional comedy alert*****************

I would to thank the FFA for inspiration. In no particular order I would like to thank:tGunz and and pirateMelly MelzippershukeCapella .........
Must have forgot his favorite mod... :(
Sorry Shick!, Thank you,But your the enemy now and I can be caught consorting with you guys. Seriously, thanks for supporting me. :shick:

And not one No Mercy Great White represtitive in the group. :rant:

I do see a couple of low ranked No Mercy guys in the list. That should be an even match-up since all of the staff guys (except Tremblay) that are in No Mercy are low ranks too. The best of the best of No Mercy definitely got robbed.
I aint got the time for survivor leagues. Lucky for them, but if they are willing to come and test their mettle against me in the real leagues then I will gladly put them in their place.NO MERCY

Where the best of the best still is not good enough to beat me

Users who are viewing this thread