What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Blind Bidding (1 Viewer)

OrganizedChaos

Footballguy
Does anyone know exactly how the MFL blind bidding works?

This is my first time in a league using it.

I see there are 2 rounds and you can enter multiple players per round. So you could get more than 2 players depending on how you bid.

So exactly how does it decide who to process first?

I may prefer player A (with players B and C as fallbacks) and only want to drop one particular player but it seems there is no way to determine who gets bid upon first. Thus, my least preferred option may come up for bid first and that is who I get.

So is it all just blind luck? I like the aspect of blind waivers and anyone being able to have a chance to pick someone up but I hate this part about it.

If anyone has any clearer idea of how the players are processed I'd appreciate it.

Does anyone know exactly how the MFL blind bidding works?This is my first time in a league using it.I see there are 2 rounds and you can enter multiple players per round. So you could get more than 2 players depending on how you bid.So exactly how does it decide who to process first? I may prefer player A (with players B and C as fallbacks) and only want to drop one particular player but it seems there is no way to determine who gets bid upon first. Thus, my least preferred option may come up for bid first and that is who I get.So is it all just blind luck? I like the aspect of blind waivers and anyone being able to have a chance to pick someone up but I hate this part about it.If anyone has any clearer idea of how the players are processed I'd appreciate it.
In round 1, put in:Pickup player A, drop player XPickup player B, drop player XPickup player C, drop player XIt will execute them in the order you put them in. So if you prefer player A, put him first. If he's gone, then you'll get player B. If player B is also gone, then you'll get player C, etc.If you want to pick up another player, then put that in round 2, and then round 3, etc.

Does anyone know exactly how the MFL blind bidding works?This is my first time in a league using it.I see there are 2 rounds and you can enter multiple players per round. So you could get more than 2 players depending on how you bid.So exactly how does it decide who to process first? I may prefer player A (with players B and C as fallbacks) and only want to drop one particular player but it seems there is no way to determine who gets bid upon first. Thus, my least preferred option may come up for bid first and that is who I get.So is it all just blind luck? I like the aspect of blind waivers and anyone being able to have a chance to pick someone up but I hate this part about it.If anyone has any clearer idea of how the players are processed I'd appreciate it.
depends on who you're bidding on. list your bids here and I can help you sort it out. :porked:

In round 1, put in:Pickup player A, drop player XPickup player B, drop player XPickup player C, drop player XIt will execute them in the order you put them in. So if you prefer player A, put him first. If he's gone, then you'll get player B. If player B is also gone, then you'll get player C, etc.If you want to pick up another player, then put that in round 2, and then round 3, etc.
Yup...this is correct way.example: ROUND1:get- wr J.Walker oak bid $10.10 drop- wr D.Hester chiget- wr K.Robinson sea bid $8.00 drop- wr D.Hester chiget- wr K.Colbert sea bid $1.10 drop- wr D.Hester chiMFL software can have increments of $.10 so if you bid $10.10 you out beat the other bidder by $.10 (if he bid only $10.00)Also the tie breaker in BB is the earliest submitted bid!

I see there are 2 rounds and you can enter multiple players per round. So you could get more than 2 players depending on how you bid.

I may prefer player A (with players B and C as fallbacks) and only want to drop one particular player but it seems there is no way to determine who gets bid upon first. Thus, my least preferred option may come up for bid first and that is who I get.

So is it all just blind luck? I like the aspect of blind waivers and anyone being able to have a chance to pick someone up but I hate this part about it.

If anyone has any clearer idea of how the players are processed I'd appreciate it.
In round 1, put in:Pickup player A, drop player X

Pickup player B, drop player X

Pickup player C, drop player X

It will execute them in the order you put them in. So if you prefer player A, put him first. If he's gone, then you'll get player B. If player B is also gone, then you'll get player C, etc.

If you want to pick up another player, then put that in round 2, and then round 3, etc.
Yup...this is correct way.example: ROUND1:

get- wr J.Walker oak bid $10.10 drop- wr D.Hester chi

get- wr K.Robinson sea bid $8.00 drop- wr D.Hester chi

get- wr K.Colbert sea bid $1.10 drop- wr D.Hester chi

MFL software can have increments of $.10 so if you bid $10.10 you out beat the other bidder by $.10 (if he bid only $10.00)

Also the tie breaker in BB is the earliest submitted bid!
Well, this depends on how the commissioner sets it up. In the league I run, all bids must be in $1 increments. But I typically bid amounts like $51 or $32, just on the slim chance that I could beat out another owner who bid a "typical" amount like $50 or $30.The above example is a good one - and just to add on more, if you want to pick up Javon Walker AND Koren Robinson AND Keary Colbert, that's when you would use additional rounds (In the above scenario, if you won Javon Walker it would ignore your other round 1 bids). So you would do something like:

ROUND1:

ROUND2:

get- wr K.Robinson sea bid $8.00 drop- wr T.Ginn mia

get- wr K.Colbert sea bid $1.10 drop- wr T.Ginn mia

ROUND3:

get- wr K.Colbert sea bid $1.10 drop- wr B.Obomanu sea

Thanks for the reply. I think my concern is that I am not the only one bidding. This is a lot more straightforward in a normal waiver process where I can guarantee the order of my add/drops. There are 11 other teams that may have put in bids. So out of all of the players that have been bid upon I have no idea if player A, B, or C bids will get evaluated first. Does anyone know out of all of the first round players how it evaluates the bids (who does it pick in what order to start going thru the bids)? Does it process the highest bid player first and work down? Say five people have put bids on one guy and it has a bid of $100 (which tops all other players) so this one goes first and so on?I could even have a player in my 2nd round but if it comes up first because it was in someone else's first round it is my understanding that my bid will also be looked at for the player. Is that correct?Also, thanks for the PM LionsFan78. I appreciate all the help I can get

to this question:Say five people have put bids on one guy and it has a bid of $100 (which tops all other players) so this one goes first and so on? correct

to this question:I could even have a player in my 2nd round but if it comes up first because it was in someone else's first round it is my understanding that my bid will also be looked at for the player. no (if a bidder had this player in first round at $5.00 and you had this player in 2nd round at $20.00 the player goes to the first round bidder).

It will execute them in the order you put them in. So if you prefer player A, put him first. If he's gone, then you'll get player B. If player B is also gone, then you'll get player C, etc.

If you want to pick up another player, then put that in round 2, and then round 3, etc.
Thanks for the reply. I think my concern is that I am not the only one bidding. This is a lot more straightforward in a normal waiver process where I can guarantee the order of my add/drops. There are 11 other teams that may have put in bids. So out of all of the players that have been bid upon I have no idea if player A, B, or C bids will get evaluated first. Does anyone know out of all of the first round players how it evaluates the bids (who does it pick in what order to start going thru the bids)? Does it process the highest bid player first and work down? Say five people have put bids on one guy and it has a bid of $100 (which tops all other players) so this one goes first and so on?

I could even have a player in my 2nd round but if it comes up first because it was in someone else's first round it is my understanding that my bid will also be looked at for the player.

Is that correct?

Also, thanks for the PM LionsFan78. I appreciate all the help I can get
The order that MFL processes the bids in is irrelevant. It will process all the round 1 bids at once, then all the round 2 bids, then all the round 3 bids, etc. For each individual owner, the order you put them in is basically the priority that you want the players in.So if you put in:

Round 1:

Pickup player A, drop player X

You are basically telling MFL, "If I am the highest bidder on all three of these players, I want player A."

This is a bit abstract - not sure if you have leaguemates on here so you don't want to post your bids, but if you want to PM me the specifics I can help you set it up...

Thanks for the reply. I think my concern is that I am not the only one bidding. This is a lot more straightforward in a normal waiver process where I can guarantee the order of my add/drops. There are 11 other teams that may have put in bids. So out of all of the players that have been bid upon I have no idea if player A, B, or C bids will get evaluated first. Does anyone know out of all of the first round players how it evaluates the bids (who does it pick in what order to start going thru the bids)? Does it process the highest bid player first and work down? Say five people have put bids on one guy and it has a bid of $100 (which tops all other players) so this one goes first and so on?I could even have a player in my 2nd round but if it comes up first because it was in someone else's first round it is my understanding that my bid will also be looked at for the player. Is that correct?Also, thanks for the PM LionsFan78. I appreciate all the help I can get
All bids and rounds are processed at the same time. This is critical to understand. Also, if an owner is awarded a player, NO BIDS BELOW that player on their list EVER occur. This is also critical. Example:Player A is your preferred player.Player B & C are lesser players.Team Y bids:Player A $10Player B $8Player C $6Team X bids:Player A $12Player B $12Player C $8Team Z bids:Player C $10Player A $14In the above scenario:Team Z gets player C for $10, because it was his highest preference and he was high bid for player C.Team X gets player A because he was high bid for player A, since Team Z NEVER MADE A BID on Player A (because they got their first choice)Team Y gets player B because he was the only bidder on that player (since Team X never actually made a bid on player B - having been awarded player A).Make sense?

The order that MFL processes the bids in is irrelevant. It will process all the round 1 bids at once, then all the round 2 bids, then all the round 3 bids, etc. For each individual owner, the order you put them in is basically the priority that you want the players in.

So if you put in:

Round 1:

You are basically telling MFL, "If I am the highest bidder on all three of these players, I want player A."

This is a bit abstract - not sure if you have leaguemates on here so you don't want to post your bids, but if you want to PM me the specifics I can help you set it up...
Actually unless there is a setting that I don't know about, this is not correct.It process all rounds simultaneously.

Example- Team A bids on B. Griese for $10 in round 1 and Team B bids on Griese in round 2 for $11, team B will win the Griese.

Last edited by a moderator:
The order that MFL processes the bids in is irrelevant. It will process all the round 1 bids at once, then all the round 2 bids, then all the round 3 bids, etc. For each individual owner, the order you put them in is basically the priority that you want the players in.

So if you put in:

Round 1:

Actually unless there is a setting that I don't know about, this is not correct.It process all rounds simultaneously.

Example- Team A bids on B. Griese for $10 in round 1 and Team B bids on Griese in round 2 for $11, team B will win the Griese.
I never saw a settings like that. Team A wins Griese at $10 round1 in my leagues.

So if you put in:

Round 1:

This is incorrect. Team A would win Griese for $10. If the order of the rounds doesn't matter, then what would be the point of having the rounds?

So if you put in:

Round 1:

This is incorrect. Team A would win Griese for $10. If the order of the rounds doesn't matter, then what would be the point of having the rounds?
This is incorrect. "Round" was a very poor choice of term for MFL's system. It's the term "Round" that causes so much confusion. Replace the word "Round" with "Player Request" in your mind.Look at it this way: Each ROUND is merely an attempt to win a single player. Only ONE player can be awarded per ROUND. You can list multiple players per ROUND in order of preference, but only ONE player per ROUND can be obtained per owner. All ROUNDS are processed simultaneously.

Round 8 bids are of equal value to round 1 bids. A bid for B.Griese in round 8 of $11 trumps a bid in round 1 of $10 (assuming both bids are in play). Round # in NO WAY indicates a preference for one player over another.

The reason there are multiple "rounds" is because each "round" is only an attempt to obtain one player, and often teams will want to pick up more than one player in a given week.

I wish I could find my bidding primer that I put together for my league 3 years ago... I'll keep looking, hopefully it will help clear it up for some of you.

So if you put in:

Round 1:

Nope, not the way its set-up in all my MFL leagues. All the rounds are processed at once.This would probably get you into trouble but try this- bid $2 on player X in round 1. Then bid $3 on player X in round 2. Your $3 bid will win.

This is straight from the commissioner's help in MFL:

"The term "Round" for blind bidding is merely a placeholder for additional bids when using Conditional Bidding. These rounds hold no prioritizing value as they do in Waiver Request, but simply hold additional bids when more than one player is desired. Bids will be awarded on the highest winning conditional bid regardless of the round that it is entered."

Hope that clears it up for everyone. Any other questions?

Why even separate your bids into rounds? I list everyone in round 1. If I want a WR and a TE, I just list in order who I want, the bid amount, and who to drop. Just like this:

WR1 $21 drop player X

WR2 $11 drop player X

WR3 $6 drop player X

TE1 $13 drop player Z

TE2 $7 drop player Z

This assures me that I will get only 1 WR and 1 TE, if I win my bid on them. I'm not understanding some of the above scenarios where people bid more on a player that they value less.

Why even separate your bids into rounds? I list everyone in round 1. If I want a WR and a TE, I just list in order who I want, the bid amount, and who to drop. Just like this:WR1 $21 drop player XWR2 $11 drop player XWR3 $6 drop player XTE1 $13 drop player ZTE2 $7 drop player ZThis assures me that I will get only 1 WR and 1 TE, if I win my bid on them. I'm not understanding some of the above scenarios where people bid more on a player that they value less.
If you get WR1, no other bid in Round 1 will trigger. You can only obtain ONE player per "round" of bidding. This is simple, true, and important.

Why even separate your bids into rounds? I list everyone in round 1. If I want a WR and a TE, I just list in order who I want, the bid amount, and who to drop. Just like this:WR1 $21 drop player XWR2 $11 drop player XWR3 $6 drop player XTE1 $13 drop player ZTE2 $7 drop player ZThis assures me that I will get only 1 WR and 1 TE, if I win my bid on them. I'm not understanding some of the above scenarios where people bid more on a player that they value less.
If you get WR1, no other bid in Round 1 will trigger. You can only obtain ONE player per "round" of bidding. This is simple, true, and important.
I just checked my league. We don't even have rounds. All players are just listed as I have above and processed in order of preference. Not sure why we don't have an option for rounds (my other MFL leagues with regular waivers do).

I just checked my league. We don't even have rounds. All players are just listed as I have above and processed in order of preference. Not sure why we don't have an option for rounds (my other MFL leagues with regular waivers do).
Perhaps your commish is doing something manually here. The standard is for multiple rounds, one player per round (per owner), and all rounds processed simultaneously. Are you certain the league is actually set up for blind bidding?

Perhaps your commish is doing something manually here. The standard is for multiple rounds, one player per round (per owner), and all rounds processed simultaneously. Are you certain the league is actually set up for blind bidding?
Yeah I'm sure. However he has it set up, it works better than having rounds.

That's not actually true. While you may understand "your way", having all of those players in one round can create confusion - and what if you wanted both WR1 & WR2? Or wanted WR2 & WR3 if you didn't get WR1? There are a lot of contingencies that the "round" system supports that "your method" does not - or at least would make incredibly complicated to explain and implement.Rounds are not complicated. One player per round. List players in each round in order of preference.

That's not actually true. While you may understand "your way", having all of those players in one round can create confusion - and what if you wanted both WR1 & WR2? Or wanted WR2 & WR3 if you didn't get WR1? There are a lot of contingencies that the "round" system supports that "your method" does not - or at least would make incredibly complicated to explain and implement.Rounds are not complicated. One player per round. List players in each round in order of preference.
If I wanted both WR1 and WR2, I'd list 2 different players to cut. I'm listing the same player, therefore, once I win a bid, my other bids are thrown out. If, like you asked, I wanted WR2 and 3 if I didn't get 1, I'd list them the same way I would if it was regular waivers, just with bid amounts. I'd bid:WR1 $6 cut player XWR2 $5 cut player XWR2 $5 cut player ZWR3 $4 cut player XWR3 $4 cut player ZThat would get me WR2 and 3 if I didn't win WR1. If I win 1, I'm still bidding on 2. If I win both, WR3's bid is thrown out.

If I wanted both WR1 and WR2, I'd list 2 different players to cut. I'm listing the same player, therefore, once I win a bid, my other bids are thrown out. If, like you asked, I wanted WR2 and 3 if I didn't get 1, I'd list them the same way I would if it was regular waivers, just with bid amounts. I'd bid:WR1 $6 cut player XWR2 $5 cut player XWR2 $5 cut player ZWR3 $4 cut player XWR3 $4 cut player ZThat would get me WR2 and 3 if I didn't win WR1. If I win 1, I'm still bidding on 2. If I win both, WR3's bid is thrown out.
I guess my point was that, since the only way you indicate whether you want or don't want to bid on a player contingently is by the player you list as a potential drop, it would become difficult to be creative. If I wanted WR1 or WR2 and TE1 & TE2 and wanted to drop player X first, and other players as necessary, I'd have to bid:WR1 $10 cut XWR2 $10 cut XWR2 $10 cut YTE1 $10 cut XTE1 $10 cut YTE1 $10 cut ZTE2 $10 cut XTE2 $10 cut YTE2 $10 cut ZTE2 $10 cut AThe point here, is that if you want to pick up a number of players, you're going to exponentially increase the number of bids you need to make - and for the commissioner, it becomes exponentially more difficult to track who gets who. That's a lot of work for 3 players.***ETA***Or better yet, imagine a league that has roster requirements requiring you to have a minimum/maximium of players at a position. It's easy to see a scenario where an owner can't effectively indicate who is contingent and who is not, since they might be forced to drop different players for different bids.***End ETA***The round process, once understood is very simple, and easy to use for both owners and the commissioner. My guess is that your commissioner does it this way because he doesn't understand the MFL bidding process.

Good info here as it can get confusing. Here is a question that I haven't submitted to MFL.com yet but should.

I have our Blind Bid Waivers set up so owners can bid on two "rounds" of players each week. For some reason this week three owners didn't receive their 2nd "round" bids despite having the cap and roster space available. These players were not awarded to any other team. Any idea what may have happened? Like I said I can ask this on the mfl.com message board but since I was on here I thought I'd post.

Thanks..

There are actually two types of blind bidding waivers, conditional and unconditional. Under the conditional setting the waivers work as Jersey35 describes. The rounds are merely placeholders and team can only be awarded one player per round. It sounds like your league is using the unconditional setting. MFL has a great forum that talks about the difference as well as the help feature on the website. As long as it works for your league that's all that matters.

Good info here as it can get confusing. Here is a question that I haven't submitted to MFL.com yet but should.I have our Blind Bid Waivers set up so owners can bid on two "rounds" of players each week. For some reason this week three owners didn't receive their 2nd "round" bids despite having the cap and roster space available. These players were not awarded to any other team. Any idea what may have happened? Like I said I can ask this on the mfl.com message board but since I was on here I thought I'd post.Thanks..
I suggest you check with MFL, as I've never experienced that issue. It's possible a setting got changed that indicated that the Commissioner was responsible for "ok-ing" the waivers vs. it being done automatically - but that's only a guess. MFL is incredibly responsive with the support tickets.

There are actually two types of blind bidding waivers, conditional and unconditional. Under the conditional setting the waivers work as Jersey35 describes. The rounds are merely placeholders and team can only be awarded one player per round. It sounds like your league is using the unconditional setting. MFL has a great forum that talks about the difference as well as the help feature on the website. As long as it works for your league that's all that matters.
Good point Ninersfan. I didn't really want to get into a debate about which "method" was better.

Someone asked about this scenario in one of my leagues, any idea how MFL would process it.

Round 1

1. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $1

2. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $2

3. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $3

4. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $4

5. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $5

6. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $6

7. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $7

etc.

The idea here would be to try to always bid the minimum possible, because if your $1 bid doesn't win, it will loot at your $2 bid, and so on until it finds a bid that is only $1 higher than the other highest Sproles bidder.

Someone asked about this scenario in one of my leagues, any idea how MFL would process it.Round 11. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $12. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $23. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $34. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $45. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $56. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $67. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $7etc.The idea here would be to try to always bid the minimum possible, because if your $1 bid doesn't win, it will loot at your $2 bid, and so on until it finds a bid that is only $1 higher than the other highest Sproles bidder.
I'd love to know if that works, but I don't think it does.

Yep. Looking through our message board, I found the commish saying he was setting it up with unconditional waivers.

Someone asked about this scenario in one of my leagues, any idea how MFL would process it.Round 11. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $12. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $23. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $34. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $45. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $56. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $67. Add D. Sproles Drop J. Walker $7etc.The idea here would be to try to always bid the minimum possible, because if your $1 bid doesn't win, it will loot at your $2 bid, and so on until it finds a bid that is only $1 higher than the other highest Sproles bidder.
Sorry, assuming that your bidding is standard, only the first bid triggers - $1. If someone else bid $2 as their #1 priority, your $2+ bids never trigger.

Sorry, assuming that your bidding is standard, only the first bid triggers - $1. If someone else bid $2 as their #1 priority, your $2+ bids never trigger.
We actually had a problem with bids being entered like this "Ebay" style. Never did find out if it worked or not.

Here's I explained it to my league:

Here's how I do it, I take the players I want and rank them in terms of whom is more important to me (u of course will have to assign $ values to each player):

1. Cassel/Brady

2. Warner/Brady

3. Fasano/Keller

4. E.Royal/Curtis

5. Rosario/Keller

6. Pennington/Brady

7. Henderson/Curtis

So there I have ranked all the add/drops to fill my 3 position openings. Therefore I will need 3 claim lists to replace the 3 players.

Claim list A:

1. Cassel/Brady

2. Warner/Brady

3. Fasano/Keller

4. E.Royal/Curtis

5. Rosario/Keller

6. Pennington/Brady

7. Henderson/Curtis

Claim list B: (there's no reason to include Warner or Cassell because if u were going to get them u would have on Claim list A)

1. Fasano/Keller

2. E.Royal/Curtis

3. Rosario/Keller

4. Pennington/Brady

5. Henderson/Curtis

Claim List C: (Fasano would have been claimed if he was available on claim list B so no need to put him down again)

1. E.Royal/Curtis

2. Rosario/Keller

3. Pennington/Brady

4. Henderson/Curtis

Claims will process working their way down list A, then list B, then any list C. Think of the lists as rounds of a draft. U can only get 1 player per list (round).

So for instance here's what happens:

A: Cassel and Warner are gone, u get Fasano

B: Royals gone, it will skip Rosario because Keller is no longer on your roster, u get Pennington

C: Royal and Pennington are gone, Keller isn't on your roster, u get Henderson

First, it depends on if you are doing MFL Blind Bidding, or if you are doing CONDITIONAL blind bidding. I'm assuming the latter.The gist of it is, each "round" is a list of "I want one and only one of these guys, with my preference in the following order". So if you want 2 new players, you need at least 2 rounds submitted. If you want 4 players, you need at least 4 rounds submitted.Ok, a couple of the details and gotchas. When a player's bid is resolved the top player in EVERY round is looked at. Round 1 or Round 2 makes no difference. But what does make a difference is the player at the TOP of each round at the time bidding is resolved. Only that top player's bid is counted.What I'm saying is this... if you have this in round 1 (or 2 or 3, since round number doesn't matter):Player A $10Player B $30If Player B comes up for bid first, then your bid on B will be ignored since it is not AT THAT TIME at the top of your round. Player B could be taken for a winning bid of $15. And then when Player A's bidding is resolved, you could lose out on him to a higher bid. If on the other hand, Player A had been resolved first and you lost him, then when Player B comes up for processing, your bid would count since it is at the top of your round now.Ok, so that leads to the question, "What determines the order of which players are resolved first?" I'm pretty sure the CPU looks at the top player in every round for every owner and finds the player with the highest overall bid showing, and resolves that player first. I believe it continues on through doing the same again and again.Ok, so how do you work within the system? First, explain to your league how it works and lobby them to have more than 2 rounds. Set it to unlimited. At least that way you can choose whether you'd rather submit a bunch of players in their own round so every one one of your bids is considered but you have no control over preference, or whether you'd rather stack them in a round and get your preference but maybe not have a bid considered. Limiting it to 2 rounds just adds to the limitations of the programming.Second tip... you can take advantage of the player to be dropped if you win to invalidate some of your other bids. For example, if you just want one player, and a WR, you could put your top 2 in different rounds with the same player to be dropped. If you win one, the other bid no longer counts since you don't have that player to be dropped.Another gotcha to consider if you use a hard cap. You can only drop one player via the interface. So that means your max bid in such a league is equal to your current cap room plus the salary of whatever player you will drop.Final comment on the programming... it may seem klunky, but other than only allowing you to drop one player per bid... there are good reasons they did it like this. Resolving bids is a very non-trivial task when you have to cover every possibility. I did it manually for a half-season before we went to automated resolution. I was faced by questions like what player do I resolve bidding on first, because it can and will affect the outcome even when you have a human trying to take into account bids that someone will lose, so I should take their players lower in the round into consideration.If I was coding it, I would have done it very much the same way because of those issues.

I have the same question as El Manx above.....What would happen if I did this in MFL Blind Bids..:

Round 1: Player A $500

Round 1: Player A $600

Round 1: Player A $800

Round 1: Player A $1000

If someone else bids player A $650 in rd 1, would I get him at $800?

I want to pickup Branch and Engram tonight. Conditional BB is allowed.

Round 1

add Branch for $9 - drop Patten

add Engram for $9 - drop Patten

Round 2

add Engram for $9 - drop Hester

Will that do what I want it to do?

Yup...this is correct way.example: ROUND1:

MFL software can have increments of $.10 so if you bid $10.10 you out beat the other bidder by $.10 (if he bid only $10.00)

Also the tie breaker in BB is the earliest submitted bid!
Well, this depends on how the commissioner sets it up. In the league I run, all bids must be in $1 increments. But I typically bid amounts like $51 or $32, just on the slim chance that I could beat out another owner who bid a "typical" amount like $50 or $30.The above example is a good one - and just to add on more, if you want to pick up Javon Walker AND Koren Robinson AND Keary Colbert, that's when you would use additional rounds (In the above scenario, if you won Javon Walker it would ignore your other round 1 bids). So you would do something like:

ROUND1:

ROUND2:

get- wr K.Robinson sea bid $8.00 drop- wr T.Ginn mia

get- wr K.Colbert sea bid $1.10 drop- wr T.Ginn mia

ROUND3:

get- wr K.Colbert sea bid $1.10 drop- wr B.Obomanu sea
:(

I have the same question as El Manx above.....What would happen if I did this in MFL Blind Bids..:Round 1: Player A $500Round 1: Player A $600Round 1: Player A $800Round 1: Player A $1000If someone else bids player A $650 in rd 1, would I get him at $800?
No. Your first valid bid in round 1 is Player A for $500, so that is the only bid considered. Everything else below it does not exist. You would not win Player A at all if someone else bid $650. The only way a bid lower down in a round is looked at is if all the bids above it are no longer valid because the player was taken or because the player you said you'd drop is no longer on your roster.Also note if you did:Round 1: Player A $500Round 2: Player A $600Round 3: Player A $800Round 4: Player A $1000Then all 4 bids would count and your $1000 bid would win out, even if other team's only bid $1 on him.

I want to pickup Branch and Engram tonight. Conditional BB is allowed.Round 1add Branch for $9 - drop Pattenadd Engram for $9 - drop PattenRound 2add Engram for $9 - drop HesterWill that do what I want it to do?
Replied to PM as well, but thought I'd post here for others to see. Yes, it will work, though really you don't need Engram listed in round 1. Round doesn't matter. If you lose out on Patten, having Engram in round 1 now doesn't accompish anything that having him at the top of round 2 didn't already do... UNLESS your preference is to drop Patten if you only get 1 guy. But if that is the case, the way you listed it won't always work for that. Take the case where Engram's bidding goes first... your round 2 bid would count and you win him. Later you lose the bidding on Branch, and Hester got cut instead of Patten.If you prefer to drop Patten first, I would do this:Round 1add Branch for $9 - drop Pattenadd Branch for $9 - drop HesterRound 2add Engram for $9 - drop Pattenadd Engram for $9 - drop HesterSo this way whoever is bid on first, if you win them, you get them and Patten is dropped. If Patten is dropped, the top bid in the other round is crossed out since you don't have Patten anymore, and the second one down becomes the bid that gets looked at.So this way, the only way that Hester is the drop is if you win both players. If you only win one, Patten gets dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread