What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL down? (1 Viewer)

Yes! First season using MFL, my league is going to be like WTF. Tell me this is an anomaly.

Been very slow the last hour, to completely down now. Frustrating, but don't recall prior issues so hopefully a one time deal.

My four leagues seem to be working fine over there although MyFBG is not syncing to any of my leagues... pretty crappy timing there as I'm making last minute starting lineup decisions. :angry:

Not down, just having capacity issues. Not completely unexpected 5-10 minutes before kickoff on week 1.

Always had these types of issues with CBS. One of the main reasons why I switched to MFL.

Always had these types of issues with CBS. One of the main reasons why I switched to MFL.
Same here. Every year CBS would crash right before Week 1. Our league finally had enough around 2004 and switched to MFL. This is the first time I can remember MFL having server issues.

Not down, just having capacity issues. Not completely unexpected 5-10 minutes before kickoff on week 1.
Should be predictable therefore preventable.
Ya but server space can potentially be expensive and unless they are in the "cloud" you can't magically just have 10-20 more servers for a 20 min span.
I get that and get that #### happens, but when I pay for a service my tolerance for outages, especially predictable capacity issues, is a lot lower.

This happens every single year in week 1. Have to make sure you set your lineup on week 1 very early as they always play with how much capacity they need.

Search it and you sill see a thread every time on week 1 at the start of the morning games. Suck but its reality.

My MFL app on IPAD is fine. MFL gameday want update starters.
why pay for an app when you can access the site? curious what that app has.
I have the App for the iPhone.

Real nice interface. Lets me check scores and set lineups in all my leagues real quick and easy. Well worth the couple of bucks if you tend to be out and about on gamedays.

seems they are trying to offload servers, my football18 site is now showing on football6 but still down.

Down for me too. We have been with them many years and don't usually have problems.

I hope this is just a week 1 server issue and not a company trying to save $$ by not buying enough capacity.

Down for me too. We have been with them many years and don't usually have problems.

I hope this is just a week 1 server issue and not a company trying to save $$ by not buying enough capacity.
unfortunately given it happens every year to a select few servers, its probably the latter.

i warn my guys in the league I commish to make sure lineups are in early week 1 for the same reason. Still the best software around imo but have to put up with week 1 hiccups.

Should be predictable therefore preventable.
Not really. I used to think so til I learned the number of late signups they have. These ff league sites totally overshoot their projected bandwidth in mid-august to feel like they've got it covered but so many in our hobby draft last minute or change hosts last minute that it makes it so hard to predict.

I remember one league site planning on 2 or 3000 more users in one week and being wrong and having to overcome.

I didn't have these problems and never have with MFL. If I had, that'd be once in like 15 years. I've always been very confident since they are easily one of the best run companies in FF or really any web entity. I used to contact support and they were always quick to reply and helpful. I haven't had to in years. It's pretty amazing to create such a detailed product where the user can signup, make it his own, and not have a single question for support.

Users who are viewing this thread