What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Avenatti Thread (1 Viewer)

But I do hope he is dumb enough to put one of the women he is pimping in front of an FBI investigator.

They will both end up in jail, and he will be disbarred.

But I do hope he is dumb enough to put one of the women he is pimping in front of an FBI investigator.

They will both end up in jail, and he will be disbarred.
He has sworn testimony from her. If she is lying, which is likely, IMO, it is she that will face consequences, not the attorney representing.

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 21m21 minutes ago

Regardless of your politics, you should be outraged by the POTUS standing before a crowd and mocking a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted. @realDonaldTrump sought applause and laughter at her expense. Call him what he is - a misogynist pig with no respect for women.

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 21m21 minutes ago

Regardless of your politics, you should be outraged by the POTUS standing before a crowd and mocking a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted. @realDonaldTrump sought applause and laughter at her expense. Call him what he is - a misogynist pig with no respect for women.
Yeah, I don't think I need this guy to be telling what I "should be"

Avenatti is a scumbag for using her this way.  It was prettty clear from her statement that she was stretching to get to anything.  Avenatti was manipulating her to get in front of the cameras.
agree

Yeah, I don't think I need this guy to be telling what I "should be"
Fair enough. Avenatti is pretty sleazy, and I've previously explained that I think the Swetnick allegations, while deserving of serious treatment, are politically motivated and don't actually allege criminal conduct by Kavanaugh.

Also, I think you should be outraged by the POTUS standing before a crowd and mocking a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted, seeking applause and laughter at her expense. I don't even think this should be a controversial statement, and it has been expressed by many people including several Republicans.  What do you think?

Fair enough. Avenatti is pretty sleazy, and I've previously explained that I think the Swetnick allegations, while deserving of serious treatment, are politically motivated and don't actually allege criminal conduct by Kavanaugh.

Also, I think you should be outraged by the POTUS standing before a crowd and mocking a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted, seeking applause and laughter at her expense. I don't even think this should be a controversial statement, and it has been expressed by many people including several Republicans.  What do you think?
I think that if I was a little softer around the edges I'd be offended that you think you have to ask me that question :lol:

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 4h4 hours ago

The FBI investigation was no investigation at all. @realDonaldTrump, @senatemajldr and @ChuckGrassley ensured that numerous key witnesses, including six very damaging witnesses I am aware of, were never even interviewed. Their conduct is a disgrace - they never wanted the truth.

Eliana Johnson‏ @elianayjohnson 2h2 hours ago

Per @jonathanvswan, Trump admin officials who gathered at Trump hotel over wknd virtually toasted Michael Avenatti: “At one point in the evening, a sr person at one of the outside grps joked that Avenatti might have been on GOP payroll. "You guys put Avenatti up to it, right?"
God this is like high school antics.

It's unbelievable that we've gone from an inclusive, thoughtful, respectable president like Obama, to a petty, bullying, small-minded and sophomoric president like Trump.  

It's unbelievable that we've gone from an inclusive, thoughtful, respectable president like Obama, to a petty, bullying, small-minded and sophomoric president like Trump.  
He may be those things but some of his officials toasting Avenatti seems like a normal thing to do.  I know it gets likes to just say OMG TRUMP IS SUCH A MORON, but this literally wasn’t even something Trump did.  And Avenatti earned it because he’s a major hack.

He may be those things but some of his officials toasting Avenatti seems like a normal thing to do.  I know it gets likes to just say OMG TRUMP IS SUCH A MORON, but this literally wasn’t even something Trump did.  And Avenatti earned it because he’s a major hack.
I doubt Cohen toasts him.  

I didn't do it for likes, I did it out of disgust.  It's disgusting to me what he's done to worsen the national discourse.  Where folks care more about pissing off liberals, and smearing folks interested in the truth, than they do in the truth itself.

It has become a game, and the games are being run by people with behavior that a high schooler should be ashamed of.

Not really.  Avenatti turned a compelling development into another one of his usual sideshows, cheapening everything about it and making it about himself.  

Democrats, the left, and various other anti-Kavanaugh persons can thank attorney Michael Avenatti for this outcome, at least in part.

The spotlight-stealing lawyer, who also represented Stormy Daniels, is responsible for drawing the media's attention to Julie Swetnick, an alleged victim of Kavanaugh who told an inconsistent and unpersuasive story. Swetnick's wild accusation provided cover for fence-sitting senators to overlook the more plausible allegation leveled by psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford, and to declare that Kavanaugh was being subjected to false smears.

Indeed, in her speech announcing her decision to vote for Kavanaugh, Collins explicitly made note of Swetnick's allegation, which she described as "outlandish."

"That such an allegation can find its way into the Supreme Court confirmation process is a stark reminder about why the presumption of innocence is so ingrained in our American consciousness," Collins said.

Sen. John Kennedy (R–La.) echoed Collins, telling MSNBC's Chuck Todd, "I think this process changed dramatically when Mr. Avenatti entered the picture. I think a lot of people, including many of my Democratic colleagues, felt like we had gotten into the foothills of preposterous."

https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/05/brett-kavanaugh-michael-avenatti-collins

Democrats, the left, and various other anti-Kavanaugh persons can thank attorney Michael Avenatti for this outcome, at least in part.

The spotlight-stealing lawyer, who also represented Stormy Daniels, is responsible for drawing the media's attention to Julie Swetnick, an alleged victim of Kavanaugh who told an inconsistent and unpersuasive story. Swetnick's wild accusation provided cover for fence-sitting senators to overlook the more plausible allegation leveled by psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford, and to declare that Kavanaugh was being subjected to false smears.

Indeed, in her speech announcing her decision to vote for Kavanaugh, Collins explicitly made note of Swetnick's allegation, which she described as "outlandish."

"That such an allegation can find its way into the Supreme Court confirmation process is a stark reminder about why the presumption of innocence is so ingrained in our American consciousness," Collins said.

Sen. John Kennedy (R–La.) echoed Collins, telling MSNBC's Chuck Todd, "I think this process changed dramatically when Mr. Avenatti entered the picture. I think a lot of people, including many of my Democratic colleagues, felt like we had gotten into the foothills of preposterous."

https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/05/brett-kavanaugh-michael-avenatti-collins
I am not a fan of Avenatti's behavior in the Kavanaugh case, or more broadly. And perhaps he did change the outcome in part. But he shouldn't have changed the outcome, no matter what you think of the Swetnick allegations. If he did, it's because the GOP acted in bad faith, wrongly discarding credible accusations of sexual assault just because there are also less credible accusations. 

It shouldn't be incumbent on us to tiptoe around in order to avoid giving bad people material to excuse their misdeeds. It should be incumbent on us to not let the bad people get away with doing bad things.

I feel the same about people who can't admit the same about Trump.
I voted for him.  I don't particularly care for how he behaves but I do like the direction he is taking us.  Plus I don't put much weight into his behaviors as I personally know someone on his cabinet who told me he's the nicest guy, nothing like the media portrays him.   No Avenatti comes across as a crass D bag.   

I voted for him.  I don't particularly care for how he behaves but I do like the direction he is taking us.  Plus I don't put much weight into his behaviors as I personally know someone on his cabinet who told me he's the nicest guy, nothing like the media portrays him.   No Avenatti comes across as a crass D bag.   
:coffee:

These first personal anecdotal stories about "I have a friend who..." always carry soooo much weight, particularly compared with documented stories of numerous vendors who were short paid or were stiffed entirely after doing work for Trump at his hotels.

I don't understand why people think this is persuasive. What you do in private matters, but what you do in public life matters a lot more. Most people are super nice in person, especially in professional settings. I've met lots of people whose politics make my skin crawl, and almost without exception they were gracious and decent. Doesn't matter one bit. Ripping small children out of their parents' arms and throwing them in detention centers without bothering to consider how or whether they will be reunited doesn't magically become OK if your friends think you're a good guy.

I'm not sure I understand your position.  Which is it?

1 - Trump is not a crass D bag.

2 - Trump is a crass D bag, but I don't care because I like the direction he is taking us.  

Swetnick's wild accusation provided cover for fence-sitting senators to overlook the more plausible allegation leveled by psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford, and to declare that Kavanaugh was being subjected to false smears.
I think there’s more to Swetnick’s accusations than people may know. I’m not saying I believe her as to Kavanaugh but apparently there were allegations very similar to this that shook the DC Catholic schools a few years ago.

:coffee:

These first personal anecdotal stories about "I have a friend who..." always carry soooo much weight, particularly compared with documented stories of numerous vendors who were short paid or were stiffed entirely after doing work for Trump at his hotels.
How about when compared with people's tweets, who's opinion noone really cares about or sometimes never heard of?

How about when compared with people's tweets, who's opinion noone really cares about or sometimes never heard of?
How about when compared to people's postings on a message board, whose opinion no one really cares about or sometimes never heard of? It's almost the same damn thing.

I may be the only one but I have zero issue with tweets being posted. They are typically at least interesting and often times make good points. Hell of a lot better than having to scroll through endless drivel from Trumpies here or non stop whining from a few particular posters (ok, one).

How about when compared to people's postings on a message board, whose opinion no one really cares about or sometimes never heard of? It's almost the same damn thing.

I may be the only one but I have zero issue with tweets being posted. They are typically at least interesting and often times make good points. Hell of a lot better than having to scroll through endless drivel from Trumpies here or non stop whining from a few particular posters (ok, one).
I think cowboys was mostly calling out squis for complaining about anecdotal evidence when he frequently posts tweets from random people telling anecdotal stories and adds a yes nodding smiley.

So not so much complaining about the tweets themselves, rather the hypocrisy. 

Was my first thought when i read his post. 

I am not a fan of Avenatti's behavior in the Kavanaugh case, or more broadly. And perhaps he did change the outcome in part. But he shouldn't have changed the outcome, no matter what you think of the Swetnick allegations. If he did, it's because the GOP acted in bad faith, wrongly discarding credible accusations of sexual assault just because there are also less credible accusations. 

It shouldn't be incumbent on us to tiptoe around in order to avoid giving bad people material to excuse their misdeeds. It should be incumbent on us to not let the bad people get away with doing bad things.
I definitely agree there.  But you could really extend the same principle to the Obama administration's failure to prosecute the Bush administration for war crimes, torture, mass surveillance, etc.  It really normalized the bipartisan lawlessness we see now, when it was supposed to be the corrective.  It's likely Kavanaugh himself had a hand in crafting those policies.  They should have been imprisoned, discredited, or run out of town at the very least 10 years ago.  

Now a torturer under Bush runs the CIA.  A neoconservative turbohawk under Bush is the national security adviser.  And a partisan GOP strategist who helped draft the legal justification for the Bush era crime spree sits on the Supreme Court.  Bush himself personally called Susan Collins three times to persuade her to vote for Kavanaugh.  

Yes, we should obviously blame Trump for those things, too.  But the political landscape would simply look nothing like it does now without the formal decision being made to let those criminals skate. 

I think cowboys was mostly calling out squis for complaining about anecdotal evidence when he frequently posts tweets from random people telling anecdotal stories and adds a yes nodding smiley.

So not so much complaining about the tweets themselves, rather the hypocrisy. 

Was my first thought when i read his post. 
 I don't do that. Please post the last tweet I did from someone random with an anecdotal story.

I don't do that. Please post the last tweet I did from someone random with an anecdotal story.
#1 for a guy that says he has me on ignore you sure read a lot of my posts.

#2 W. Earl Sparrow jr.

#3 how about @elitefaeva

You posted their tweets. They dont have a ton of followers. Only thing they have in common was replying to a joy reid tweet regarding the starbucks incident. You have no idea who they are. 

There are others in that thread that replied to shaun king or joy reid and you posted their tweets, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt because they had at least a few thousand followers so its at least possible you know who they are and might actually work in media. 

That's only one thread. 

Cant wait to hear your made up stories of how you know these guys.

I’m related by marriage to a person who worked on a certain television show and your friend the cabinet member is either not telling you the truth or has had a very, very different experience than the person I’m related to did while working on said show. 

Users who are viewing this thread