What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Turner vs Larry Johnson (1 Viewer)

From this post, I don't think we use the term "talent" to mean the same thing. It's more than size and speed, which is what you seem to limit it to.
I've stressed physical talent, and of course it encompasses more abilities than size and speed. But that really doesn't matter when it comes to LJ/Turner because everything else -- awareness, vision, etc. -- is in favor of the guy who's dominated at the NFL level, not a guy who's been a decent change-of-pace back.
Bump.I didn't bump it after last week, because defensively, Detroit is terrible and New England is pretty good. But Turner managed 42 yards (on 14 carries) against Tampa...compared to LJ's 22 (on 12) against Oakland...and Turner was the player whose team was down 17-0 in the 2nd quarter and sharing carries with a COP back. KC's line looks bad, their QB situation IS bad, and those things weren't supposed to hurt LJ as much as Turner. So, what happened LJ supporters?

Well they get to square off week 3. We'll see who "wins".
Well, here's a vote for Turner having the better matchup. Oakland ran all over the Chiefs yesterday and Morris & Maroney both had 5+ ypc in week 1. Atlanta had the Bucs under 100 yards on the ground until Graham's late clincher.Either way, I think this bad news for the "LJ's floor is Turner's ceiling" crowd. If LJ has a higher ceiling right now, it's maily due to Norwood and some blind faith that KC can fix their offense soon.

Well, here's a vote for Turner having the better matchup. Oakland ran all over the Chiefs yesterday and Morris & Maroney both had 5+ ypc in week 1. Atlanta had the Bucs under 100 yards on the ground until Graham's late clincher.Either way, I think this bad news for the "LJ's floor is Turner's ceiling" crowd. If LJ has a higher ceiling right now, it's maily due to Norwood and some blind faith that KC can fix their offense soon.
But if the Falcons only give Turner 14 carries again, and pull him on 1st and goal situations inside the red zone ... then I give LJ the nod.

But if the Falcons only give Turner 14 carries again, and pull him on 1st and goal situations inside the red zone ... then I give LJ the nod.
Atlanta's red zone did approach did seem mysterious to me. Then again (IIRC), they had 1st & goal from the 8 or 9 and tried to spread TB out...it's not like they pulled him when they were on the 2-yard line. Also, if KC stops giving the ball to LJ in the middle of the 3rd quarter of a close game, and he finishes with 12 carries, then I'll take Turner.

i like Turner. Hotlanta had a rough day yesterday, but they seem to be a better team than KC, imo.

welcome to the NFL matt ryan!!! :yes:

sincerely,

Tampa D

i like Turner. Hotlanta had a rough day yesterday, but they seem to be a better team than KC, imo. welcome to the NFL matt ryan!!! :shrug: sincerely,Tampa D
Turner should have a huge game in week 3....the Chiefs defense is AWFUL..

Atlanta's red zone did approach did seem mysterious to me. Then again (IIRC), they had 1st & goal from the 8 or 9 and tried to spread TB out...it's not like they pulled him when they were on the 2-yard line. Also, if KC stops giving the ball to LJ in the middle of the 3rd quarter of a close game, and he finishes with 12 carries, then I'll take Turner.
Atlanta had two series starting within the 10 (from the 7 or 8 yard line) and Turner was not on the field at all during those 6 plays. Baffling.

Anonymous Internet User said:
wino1618 said:
Anonymous Internet User said:
wino1618 said:
C-Bound said:
Atlanta had two series starting within the 10 (from the 7 or 8 yard line) and Turner was not on the field at all during those 6 plays. Baffling.
Couldn't have said it better myself. And, of course, the hard hitting journalists at the AJC haven't even questioned it.

wino1618 said:
From this post, I don't think we use the term "talent" to mean the same thing. It's more than size and speed, which is what you seem to limit it to.
I've stressed physical talent, and of course it encompasses more abilities than size and speed. But that really doesn't matter when it comes to LJ/Turner because everything else -- awareness, vision, etc. -- is in favor of the guy who's dominated at the NFL level, not a guy who's been a decent change-of-pace back.
Bump.I didn't bump it after last week, because defensively, Detroit is terrible and New England is pretty good. But Turner managed 42 yards (on 14 carries) against Tampa...compared to LJ's 22 (on 12) against Oakland...and Turner was the player whose team was down 17-0 in the 2nd quarter and sharing carries with a COP back. KC's line looks bad, their QB situation IS bad, and those things weren't supposed to hurt LJ as much as Turner. So, what happened LJ supporters?
btw, excellent technique on that bump... good patience & vision- powerful posting, man.

wino1618 said:
btw, excellent technique on that bump... good patience & vision- powerful posting, man.
Yah I 2nd that - last week would've been too "I told you so". I happen to have them both, and as someone who never gives up on their players this early I'm ready to bail on LJ. I could buy the "need more carries" argument if he had 12 for 36 against an average run D, but 12 for 22 against Oakland at home? That's just gruesome.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And, of course, the hard hitting journalists at the AJC haven't even questioned it.
According to rotoworld, Turner hurt his ankle, and they cite AJC as the source:
Michael Turner-RB- Falcons Sep. 14 - 10:59 pm et

Michael Turner suffered an ankle injury in the Falcons' Week 2 game, the extent of which is unknown.

He was spotted afterwards with the ankle in a bucket of ice. We're guessing it isn't serious, but Turner owners should check back Wednesday for the injury report to be safe. The Falcons host Kansas City in Week 3.
link

Michael Turner suffered an ankle injury in the Falcons' Week 2 game, the extent of which is unknown.

He was spotted afterwards with the ankle in a bucket of ice. We're guessing it isn't serious, but Turner owners should check back Wednesday for the injury report to be safe. The Falcons host Kansas City in Week 3.
link
I was referring to his absence on the goal line possessions.

link
I was referring to his absence on the goal line possessions.
Which were in the 3rd and 4th Qtr, right? Maybe it was the ankle, he only had 4 carries in the second half. The score wasn't that lopsided to abandon the run altogehter.

Users who are viewing this thread