What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Vick (1 Viewer)

If Yes, How Many Games Does Vick Have To Sit Out?

• Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

• Four

• Eight

• Total voters
Where's the who cares choice. The guy was below average talent of a QB. (Think Vince Young) Now if somebody needs a back up RB?

Cecil Lammey said:
I think that he should come back as a RB/WR and run some Wildcat like Thatguy said. Completely remake his image and start over, this includes above all else keeping his ### out of trouble.However, I've already been proactive in my hybrid dynasty league and have banned Vick for life. I don't care if he's the #1 player in fantasy football when he comes back, he won't be allowed to be on a roster. Mutilating and murdering animals with intent shows a very sick mind.
hahahaha.I hope that was a joke.

When it was revealed he killed dogs and laughed when others were killed I think it was over for him.

He will be allowed to come back in the league but that will probably not be until late 2010 with his NFL suspension yet to be determined.

Will anyone sign him? Maybe, but he'll be 30-31.

23 months (or whatever) in a federal penitentiary is no joke. What he did was awful, and I think he deserved his punishment. But he did the time - and should be allowed to resume working. Just like any other ex-con.
:unsure:
Vick got off light. Anyone else convicted of these crimes would also have faced state level charges for killing dogs (The federal charge did not include killing the dogs).Florio has a good account of the misconduct of the Surry County Prosecutor who clearly went out of his way to help Vick.

Throughout much of last year’s Mike Vick fiasco, we suspected that Surry County, Virginia prosecutor Gerald Poindexter was incompetent.

The feds likely agreed; the notion that Poindexter was bungling the state-level investigation prompted the United States Department of Agriculture to intervene.

Even as readers openly speculated that Poindexter had improper motives (some even wondered whether Poindexter attended dog fights at Vick’s property), we assumed that it was a case of a part-time prosecutor who didn’t get paid enough money to wrangle with an O.J.-style dream team.

But now we’re not so sure. And, for the first time, we’re making an open plea to the appropriate authorities, state or federal or both, to fully and comprehensively investigate Poindexter’s handling of the case.

We began to fear that something fishy might be happening when Poindexter failed to secure an indictment of Vick on at least six counts of killing dogs, given that Vick admitted to doing so in the paperwork that he signed when pleading guilty to unrelated federal charges.

The last straw for us came on Tuesday, via Poindexter’s grossly inappropriate (in our opinion) statements and actions in connection with the hearing during which Vick’s no-jail-time guilty plea was accepted by a local judge.

After the hearing, Poindexter hugged Vick’s mother and told her, “At least some of this is over.”

Then, in defending the plea deal to the press, Poindexter said, “I feel that what I did today is approved by more than a majority of Surry County, and that’s the constituency that I’m concerned about.”

Prosecutors shouldn’t worry about constituencies. They should worry about justice being done.

In this case, complete justice was not done.

And since there’s no way that Vick will face any further justice for the conduct in which he already has engaged, we think that Poindexter’s potential responsibility for preventing justice from being done should be examined, with no stone unturned and no theory or motive foreclosed.
Seriously how do you not get an indictment WHEN YOU HAVE A SIGNED CONFESSION!?!?!? Dude is dirty and Vick benefited from it. Both of them should be in jail.

I can't believe all the bashing on Vick. What he did is deplorable - but he is paying for it and serving his time. He has lost pretty much everything and had to file bankruptcy. How do you guys feel about Leonard Little?Or how do you guys feel about Pacman Jones?How about Travis Henry?
All three of them should be out of the league.Vick hasn't paid enough.

Horrible point because unlike the banker who was arrested for crimes committed in conjunction with his job, Vick's crimes had absolutely nothing to do with his job.
uh....wasn't he running a giant interstate gambling ring?
Please read posts fully before responding...The who argument is that dog fighting has nothing to do with his job.

And if you are trying to link gambling into conflicting with his job, as long as he didn't bet on the NFL, there is no conflict.
Not according to the NFL. Four of the Rooneys are being forced to sell off their stake of the Steelers because they also own dog racing tracks. The NFL is dragging their feet on the enforcement end to give Art & Dan Rooney enough time to come up with the money to buy out the rest of the family, but they are being forced to sell because of their gambling interests.

I urge you all to read the police report on smoking gun about how he killed the dogs and how many he killed. He is a scumbag and shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL ever again. He personally electrocuted, shot, drowned, hung with a cord from a tree, and slammed a dogs head into the ground repeatedly until it's neck was broken. These were acts he physically performed after others refused. This is sick psychopathic behaviour and banning him from life from the nfl is not excessive. Let him rejoin society and get a factory job but making millions in the nfl?? If there's any justice he should get to think about "what could have been" for the rest of his life.

David Yudkin said:
For starters, Vick is still property of the Atlanta Falcons and is signed until 2014. We should start there.Clearly the Falcons have moved on to Matt Ryan. Could Vick be a backup? I'm not sure his style fits with what Ryan, the coaching staff, and the oofense has been doing, so that may not be a great fit. Do they convert him to a RB/WR/DB? Can they convert him even if Vick doesn't want to play in a different spot (I'm not sure what the NFLPA rules are)?The next question is if the Falcons don't want him, what do they do with him? If they release him, I still believe they would have to take a sizable cap hit, but at this point I am not sure what that may or may not be. Given that they have held onto him this long, it seems unlikely that they would simply just release him and eat the cap hit.That leaves trading him, and people seem to forget that Vick has one of the largest contracts in league history. From a cap perspective, any team acquiring him would have to have the cap room to take on his existing contract and the Falcons would have to be willing to eat the cap hit for his remaining signing bonus. IIRC, Vick was only ordered to repay $3.75 million of his $20 million signing bonus, so there should still be a fair amount unaccounted for cap wise. I do not think that they can tear up his contract without releasing him first (and again the cap hit problem). I believe they can try to negotiate an extension to spread out the cap hit, but I believe they are still bound by what his remaining contract has left. So I don't think Atlanta can get him to sign for next to nothing without having cap implications.I'm not sure what an appropriate trade would be. I'm guessing some sort of conditional draft pick, but I am curious if the Falcons have invested so much in Vick that they may want more (although I doubt they'll get it).As far as Vick being reinstated, IMO if he claims mea culpa, mea culpa and apologizes to Goodell I think that may be enough to get him off the suspended list. He would have missed two full seasons, and to me that probably would be enough time in Goodell's eyes (again assuming Vick comes back with his tail between his legs begging forgiveness).IMO, Vick coming back is actually far more complicated than is being reported, as is the perception that Vick is a free agent and can sign wherever he wants.
Isn't he like four years into this contract? The only cap hit would be the pro-rated remaining portion of his signing bonus. While that might still be a substantial amount (2, 4 mil, 6 mil?????), I'm fairly sure it's cheaper then putting him on the roster as a backup. His base salary is waaaaay too high so the only way he's traded is with a new deal at his new team. An outright release seems far more likely.The only reason the Falcons still own his contract is because of the salary cap implications. There was no reason to take the HUGE cap hit last year, or even in 08 when they could spread it out like they have, perhaps even into 09, without ever paying him another dime.

If Adam Jones is still allowed to play after something like 14 indictments in 2 years, I don't see why Vick shouldn't be reinstated. He already missed 2 full seasons. He should be reinstated and able to play right away.

If Adam Jones is still allowed to play after something like 14 indictments in 2 years, I don't see why Vick shouldn't be reinstated. He already missed 2 full seasons. He should be reinstated and able to play right away.
Has Adam Jones ever actually been convicted of a crime?What was the ultimate resolution of biting the cop and making it rain? I thought neither resulted in a conviction.

He'll be back in the league. He'd be an asset as a Wildcat part.

He'll never be a starting QB again. I think he'd play a QB/RB/WR hybrid (being the 3rd QB & RB on gamedays with his versatility).

I urge you all to read the police report on smoking gun about how he killed the dogs and how many he killed. He is a scumbag and shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL ever again. He personally electrocuted, shot, drowned, hung with a cord from a tree, and slammed a dogs head into the ground repeatedly until it's neck was broken. These were acts he physically performed after others refused. This is sick psychopathic behaviour and banning him from life from the nfl is not excessive. Let him rejoin society and get a factory job but making millions in the nfl?? If there's any justice he should get to think about "what could have been" for the rest of his life.
Tough, but fair. I agree with this guy's point. Try reading that report, thoroughly, then post your comments. Or, if you comment, state whether you did or did not read the report. It might affect the way you view things, it did for me.

Has Adam Jones ever actually been convicted of a crime?What was the ultimate resolution of biting the cop and making it rain? I thought neither resulted in a conviction.
right you are. good point.

J-Rock said:
Chaka said:
right you are. good point.
Sad but true. If he wasn't a valuable asset to his football teams he would have been convicted of assault when he treated someone's head with a pool cue like it was a 9 ball while he was at West Virginia. Unfortunately he has never been made to truly take responsibility for his actions.Then again Vick is getting off light by avoiding prosecution in Virginia for killing dogs because Surry County prosecutor Gerald Poindexter apparently keeps a summer home in Michael Vick's jock.

I think that he should come back as a RB/WR and run some Wildcat like Thatguy said. Completely remake his image and start over, this includes above all else keeping his ### out of trouble.However, I've already been proactive in my hybrid dynasty league and have banned Vick for life. I don't care if he's the #1 player in fantasy football when he comes back, he won't be allowed to be on a roster. Mutilating and murdering animals with intent shows a very sick mind.
hahahaha.I hope that was a joke.
why?

Users who are viewing this thread