What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike and the Mad Dog show (Not Done!) (1 Viewer)

I put this in the Howard Stern show thread, but for those who missed it, the great Sour Shoes was in the Mad Dog sound-alike contest last month, and he killed. He sounded more like Dog than any of the other contestants, but he got penalized for mixing in too many other impressions. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7UjedeOak4

You also get a little bit of Francesa ("What's his AWNN BASE PERCENTAGE!!!") at the 4:02 mark, as well as John Minko, Baba Booey and a perfect Ferrall.

LOL @ Doris calling from heaven. The long-time WFAN listeners will get that.

Fatso today declared that he would be SHOCKED if the Knicks lost tonight, and said he'd be surprised if they didn't put the Celtics away early. 9:04 left in the 4th Q.... Boston 75, NY 60 :thumbup:
I neva said dat!
He said if the Celtics win, he'll come on the air tomorrow and admit he was wrong. Make sure you record that for posterity.
lol he didnt even wanna discuss the possibility of a game 7
shady, do you recall the rest of his quote?

"I would be SHOCKED if the Knicks lost tonight...

and the Thunder. I'd be shocked if EITHER of them lost."

Celtics led pretty much the entire game, and OKC is getting killed. The guy is a marvel.

Getting back to what I wrote yesterday for a moment...

To one caller, and I quote: "I didn't do it [the interview] so that you'd like it. My goalwasn't to make you like the interview. My goal was to do the interview I want to do.Whether you like it or not [doesn't matter]."==============================That quote sums up his entire career. I mean, why on earth would a radio host carewhat his LISTENERS think??? At the end of the same phone call, he reaffirmed hissuperiority, telling the caller that he's been doing this for 25 years and "nobody isclose in ANYTHING that you can judge me on" and "I must be doing something right."
It's hilarious that he thinks he gets ratings because he's great. :lmao: Mushnick, as usual, nailed it.
Francesa, still the top sports radio listen here — aided in large part by a lack of competition — has sustained and confused his popularity, unaware that car wrecks draw crowds.
'zactly!
You keep posting this loser Mushnick, and he comes off as a bitter, jealous, nobody more and more every time.

:lmao: @ "loser".... He's only been a must-read for one of the world's most famous newspapers since 1973.

What have you done?

:lmao: @ "loser".... He's only been a must-read for one of the world's most famous newspapers since 1973. What have you done?
Must read for who? I've lived in NY/NJ my whole life and the guy doesn't register with me or anyone I know. Now Francesa on the other hand...everybody listens to Mike. Whether you love him or hate him, and I know plenty on both sides, you still acknowledge he's the king and nobody is close.

:lmao: @ "loser".... He's only been a must-read for one of the world's most famous newspapers since 1973. What have you done?
Must read for who? I've lived in NY/NJ my whole life and the guy doesn't register with me or anyone I know.Now Francesa on the other hand...everybody listens to Mike. Whether you love him or hate him, and I know plenty on both sides, you still acknowledge he's the king and nobody is close.
I already admitted that he wins either way. I happen to enjoy listening to moronic radio, and he is the King of that without question.

Must read for who? I've lived in NY/NJ my whole life and the guy doesn't register with me or anyone I know.Now Francesa on the other hand...everybody listens to Mike. Whether you love him or hate him, and I know plenty on both sides, you still acknowledge he's the king and nobody is close.
I already admitted that he wins either way. I happen to enjoy listening to moronic radio, and he is the King of that without question.
NFL now on Sun morning during the season....you know you love it.

Raider Nation said:
RN....you telling me the firing squad signaling his Fri afternoon NFL picks doesn't get ya pumped?"In the league where they play..........................fah pay"
Oh, no doubt. He's not COMPLETELY worthless. Few people are. I love that Firday NFL segment, and he even knows an adequate amount of baseball, especially the two NY teams. It's when he starts talking authoritatively about other sports where hilarity ensues. And he is just so GD smug! Can't stand that. If I heard that he got hit by a bus, I believe my first reaction would be to smile.
Ooof....because he's smug talking about sports on the radio? C'mon, you don't mean that. He's got 2 (or 3?) little kids.

So is this show done or what? Been 5 years since the thread was started. Might be time for a title change.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is this show done or what? Been 5 years since the thread was started. Might be time for a title change.
We asked the other day for a mod to merge the other Francesa thread with this one, but it fell on deaf ears. Feel free to change the thread title while you're at it to reflect the current discussion (mostly Mike Francesa.... some Mad Dog.)

We asked the other day for a mod to merge the other Francesa thread with this one, but it fell on deaf ears. Feel free to change the thread title while you're at it to reflect the current discussion (mostly Mike Francesa.... some Mad Dog.)
What other thread?

We gotta keep tabs of Big Mike's NFL and College Football picks this year

Now that he doesn't compete against Dog, he stops reporting his (terrible) record by week 5

Dog is terrible solo. He's your man if you need the latest information on the San Francisco Giants or Men's tennis. He's clueless about everything else. He doesn't even watch big events anymore. And God forbid any of them occur on the same night that his kid has a ball game.
I've never actually heard him on the Mad Dog channel, it's always other guys. Familar with any of those? Costa, Schein, Fonzarelli?
I go there for all my updates on the 3rd round of the French Open.

He said if the Celtics win, he'll come on the air tomorrow and admit he was wrong.

Make sure you record that for posterity.
:popcorn: I'm up bright and early to get a front row seat for this one. My guess is that even *IF* he admits he's wrong (I'm skeptical), it will most certainly come with some excuses attached to it.

[*]How could I have known the Knicks wouldn't even show up? I mean, LET'S BE HONEST....

[*]C'mon, nobody could have expected Gawwwnett to play lights-out like that!

[*]WAIT A SECOND!!!... WHAT DID THE KNICKS THINK WOULD HAPPEN AFTER PUH-FORMING A MOCK-FUNERAL???

I put this in the Howard Stern show thread, but for those who missed it, the great Sour Shoes was in the Mad Dog sound-alike contest last month, and he killed. He sounded more like Dog than any of the other contestants, but he got penalized for mixing in too many other impressions. :rolleyes:

You also get a little bit of Francesa ("What's his AWNN BASE PERCENTAGE!!!") at the 4:02 mark, as well as John Minko, Baba Booey and a perfect Ferrall.

Jesus. Doris from Rego Park. I couldn't stand when she called in. I know she was sick, but I still didn't enjoy listening to her hack through a conversation.

He said if the Celtics win, he'll come on the air tomorrow and admit he was wrong.

:popcorn: I'm up bright and early to get a front row seat for this one. My guess is that even *IF* he admits he's wrong (I'm skeptical), it will most certainly come with some excuses attached to it.

[*]How could I have known the Knicks wouldn't even show up? I mean, LET'S BE HONEST....

[*]WAIT A SECOND!!!... WHAT DID THE KNICKS THINK WOULD HAPPEN AFTER PUH-FORMING A MOCK-FUNERAL???
are you @WFANAudio or @MikeFrancesaNY?

As an aside, I know it must sound like I hate everyone who has a sports talk show. Not true.

Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan on "Moving the Chains" are beyond excellent.

Scott Van Pelt is knowledgeable, humorous, likable and has zero ego.

Ben Maller, who works overnight weekends on FOX Sports Radio fits the same description as SVP. Love falling asleep to his show.

I can even tolerate Doug Gottlieb in small doses, when he's not off on one of his sanctimonious rants about this or that.
I like Ben Maller to. Had a huge radio voice crush on Miranda. Over the past year he has filled in slots when guys take time off on The Fan here in Denver

Jesus. Doris from Rego Park. I couldn't stand when she called in. I know she was sick, but I still didn't enjoy listening to her hack through a conversation.
yeah, kind of sad that she passed although I never thought she brought much to the table in terms of actual content.

still seemed like a nice lady

Such a nice lady though [coughcough]. She always used to call Steve Somers overnight, and I remember one time he asked her "So Doris, how many packs of cigarettes do you smoke every day?" I was all... :shock: .

She told him that she had a disease and that she never smoked. He felt terrible.

===================

Listeners of the late-night sports talk show on WFAN-AM (660) knew something was wrong last week when Short Al from Brooklyn called in and did not talk baseball. Instead, he called to say that Doris from Rego Park was in the hospital.

Doris from Rego Park, distinguished by a chronic cough and a fierce loyalty to the New York Mets, was perhaps the best-known caller to the overnight program on WFAN, which attracts insomniacs, graveyard shifters, taxi drivers and second-guessing sports fans whose phone calls make up a constant drone of New York sports chatter.

But last week, a voice in that chorus went silent, and longtime listeners learned that, in addition to an encyclopedic baseball memory and a healthy New York attitude, Doris from Rego Park had a last name (Bauer) and a lifelong disease (neurofibromatosis) that disfigured her.

As an aside, I know it must sound like I hate everyone who has a sports talk show. Not true.

Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan on "Moving the Chains" are beyond excellent.

Scott Van Pelt is knowledgeable, humorous, likable and has zero ego.

Ben Maller, who works overnight weekends on FOX Sports Radio fits the same description as SVP. Love falling asleep to his show.

I can even tolerate Doug Gottlieb in small doses, when he's not off on one of his sanctimonious rants about this or that.
I like Ben Maller to. Had a huge radio voice crush on Miranda. Over the past year he has filled in slots when guys take time off on The Fan here in Denver
I installed the TuneIn app just so I could listen to him when he filled in at the Denver station last month.

And..... the bolded is your winner! :lmao: So predictable.

Also (are you sitting down?), the words "I WAS WRONG" failed to escape his lips.

This thread makes me feel old. I used to listen to 660WFAN every day. Imus in the morning and Mike and Doggy in the afternoon. For years. Never listened to any other radio. Now, the only radio I listen to is Mike and Mike for a few minutes in the morning and then SVP in the office, and the rest of the time I have XM on music. Stopped listening to Mike a long time ago. Everything said here is absolutely true, but still, it was a great time listening. Oh well.

I just caught the end where he said the Knicks are now "in a pressure cooker". Always caught up on what's going on in the world, that Mikey.

yeah, kind of sad that she passed although I never thought she brought much to the table in terms of actual content.

Yeah definitely sad.

I believe Vinnie from Queens and Eli from Weschester (who was always claiming racism) both passed away several years ago too.

Yeah definitely sad.

I believe Vinnie from Queens and Eli from Weschester (who was always claiming racism) both passed away several years ago too.
Wow, those are some names from the past.

None of the other contestants were in the same league as Sour with the Dog impression, but Sour absolutely CAN NOT rein himself in. He just can't do it, the guy is troubled. He can't do one impression and stay with it, his mind is just all over the place and he has to follow. He's a true idiot savant.

Yeah definitely sad.

Joe D probably doesn't have much time left either

my problem with the old-timers is that they very often don't actually talk about anything.. they just rehash what happened the night before.. they don't bring anything to the table.

Dr. Octopus said:
Fatso today declared that he would be SHOCKED if the Knicks lost tonight, and said he'd be surprised if they didn't put the Celtics away early.

9:04 left in the 4th Q.... Boston 75, NY 60

:thumbup:
He went as far as to dismiss a caller who asked what he thinks would happen in the series if the Knicks lost Game 5. He said he can't even comment because it won't happen.

Here's the rub, that you'll love. he said that if it does happen he'll come on tomorrow (today) and admit he was wrong. Imagine that.

Wonder what his excuse will be to not admit he was wrong.
:oldunsure:

are you @WFANAudio or @MikeFrancesaNY?
:whistle:

Doris *cough, cough*; I miss having her around, Jerome on the other hand...

Users who are viewing this thread