What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike and the Mad Dog show (Not Done!) (2 Viewers)

Does Fatso not realize what mind-numbingly terrible radio it is listening to Mets fans call up five and a half hours a day every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to announce their ridiculous trade scenarios which would fix the team right up!

"Yeah Mike, thanks for taking the cawl.... I think if we packaged DOODA and Ike, we could maybe get Miggy Cabrera. Whatchoo think about that?"

Does Fatso not realize what mind-numbingly terrible radio it is listening to Mets fans call up five and a half hours a day every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to announce their ridiculous trade scenarios which would fix the team right up!

"Yeah Mike, thanks for taking the cawl.... I think if we packaged DOODA and Ike, we could maybe get Miggy Cabrera. Whatchoo think about that?"
The only thing worse is when Yankess fans call about possible player acquisitions.

Would have loved to have seen Michael Kay's face when he heard Arod was going to Fatcessa for the interview yesterday

Big dopey Yankee schill with his **** in his hand.

Would have loved to have seen Michael Kay's face when he heard Arod was going to Fatcessa for the interview yesterday

Big dopey Yankee schill with his **** in his hand.
I don't think Kay would've expected anything else. Pretty much everyone can acknowledge that the Pope is the premier A-Rod apologist in NYC.

-QG

The A-Rod spot yesterday was interesting in places, but listening to him and Mike slobbing each other's knobs was pretty nauseating. Difficult for me to have a strong opinion either way when the interviewer is so clearly biased. As I typed that, a caller just congratulated him on his integrity over the years. Whatever.

Mike's biggest coup in years, he's going to milk it for all it's worth. Unlistenable now.

Driving back from Stamford to RI and listening to Mike. What a crusty old man, how does anyone listen to him regularly?
You get a group of people who listen just to hear him belittle callers or pretend he's the smartest guy in the world, and then a larger group who listen all day because they're also the same guys who will try to frantically get through and wait on hold for an hour to make sure they can make the world know that the Yankees should really go after a bat this offseason.

Raider Nation said:
It's an interesting question. I've asked myself many times why I religiously listen to a guy I cannot stand. I think I know the answer. It doesn't happen every day, but when he gets completely and totally OWNED by a caller or his own stupidity, it's so, so worth the time investment.

All of his statements are 100% FACT...... until they aren't.

Yesterday, he spent 5 minutes examining the possibility of the Redskins getting Clowney. It wasn't until he came back from the next commercial that he "realized" the Redskins don't have a 1st-round pick next year. "I should have remembered this, but during the break the guys reminded me that the Rams have Washington's 1st-round pick."

:rolleyes:

Yeah, Mike.... you should have remembered it. God forbid you actually DIDN'T KNOW SOMETHING!!!

Pompous a-hole.
I dont really like Mike at all but if you will listen to anyone for hours on end you will be able to nitpick them to death.

I hate Stephen A Smith more than anyone, that dude has never thought he was wrong even once and he barely knows the rules to baseball and football

:confused:

He's not a crusty old man?

He is the DEFINITION of "crusty old man"...
He gets annoyed when some hipster doofus calls just to antagonize him, so would you. The guy wants to talk sports with no bells and whistles and that's it. No nonsense.You prefer these modern day homos like Rome or Cowherd? They suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused:

He's not a crusty old man?

He is the DEFINITION of "crusty old man"...
He gets annoyed when some hipster doofus calls just to antagonize him, so would you. The guy wants to talk sports with no bells and whistles and that's it. No nonsense.

You prefer these modern day homos like Rome or Cowherd? They suck.
No.

Not sure what that has to do with my point though.

He gets annoyed when some hipster doofus calls just to antagonize him, so would you. The guy wants to talk sports with no bells and whistles and that's it. No nonsense.
This is laughable, BTW. He initiates WAY more confrontations than the callers do. He's a classic bully.

This is laughable, BTW. He initiates WAY more confrontations than the callers do. He's a classic bully.
I loved the one a couple weeks ago after the Saints/49ers game--

paraphrasing...

Caller: "Hi Mike, there are too many game-changing penalties on the defense when they're clearly trying not to hit the QB high or low; but the offensive player sort of moves at the last split second. There should be two types of penalties for high or low hits...one 15 yds & a 1st down and one for less severe/unintentionals that are for 5 yards."

Mike: "No, all defensive penalties result in first downs."

Caller: Without missing a beat the caller said, "Umm, offsides isnt a an automatic first down"

Mike: "Offsides is not a defensive penalty"

CLICK, CUT OFF. New caller.

The caller was actually making a good point and Mike completely ignored the point, said something stupid, got caught by the caller...and he cuts him off.

For weeks, tubby has been screaming that Cano isn't getting a 10-year contract from anyone, and that he's not going anywhere.

"WHO ELSE IS GONNA PAY DA GUY?!?!?!"

:hophead: :puke: :hophead: :puke: :hophead:

Oops! Right on cue, Cano leaves for Seattle... 10 years, $240M.

For weeks, tubby has been screaming that Cano isn't getting a 10-year contract from anyone, and that he's not going anywhere.

"WHO ELSE IS GONNA PAY DA GUY?!?!?!"

:hophead: :puke: :hophead: :puke: :hophead:

Oops! Right on cue, Cano leaves for Seattle... 10 years, $240M.
:lmao:

can you podcast his show?

This one took a while to edit, but it's a labor of love. This guy is the gift that keeps on giving.
Ha! I actually heard this call while in the car yesterday and was wondering if the caller was right. In fairness to Crusty, pretty sure he was reading off Cano's finish in MVP voting the last several years and said All-Star by mistake.

pantherclub said:
shadyridr said:
Raider Nation said:
This one took a while to edit, but it's a labor of love. This guy is the gift that keeps on giving.
:lmao: not really a lie though. He clearly meant MVP voting and said all star voting by accident.
he sure seems to say a lot of stuff by "accident"
not to defend the biggest jackass on the planet but you talk 6.5 hrs a day, 5 days a week without making some accidents.

Oh, he definitely meant "MVP voting". 100%. In the sentence after the video ends, he says "And if I SAID All-Star voting, I clearly meant MVP voting." But he screamed down the caller, claiming he NEVER mentioned All-Star voting, so I took it upon myself to make him look silly.

He usually doesn't require a lot of help in that endeavor.

Mushnick is already licking his chops for this weekend's column. He just checked in with me.
This guy has so much hatred for Francesa... :lmao: I think I love him.

MIKE “Let’s Be Honest” Francesa spent the entire week getting everything definitively, authoritatively, informed-by-imaginary-insiders, pompously dead wrong!From Robinson Cano (a non-issue; he’ll re-sign with the Yankees), to bogus “facts” about the DiMaggio brothers, N. Illinois will destroy Bowling Green (Bowling Green won by 20), Gary Kubiak’s future, Dustin Pedroia, and his revisionist 180 on Brett Gardner, the NFL Draft, Mr. Wizard got so much wrong that WFAN doesn’t have to bother “losing” one tape; it can have a bonfire — while heating half of Astoria!

But his best came when a caller asked why he’d cite All-Star balloting in assessing Cano. Francesa exploded; hollered that he’d never do that, never did that — the caller’s a liar! He hung up on the guy then continued to berate him as if he’d left him speechless — another Honest Mike transparency.

Of course, 20 minutes earlier Francesa did exactly as the caller claimed. WFAN wasn’t yet able to “lose” that tape.

So today, Let’s Be Honest will play both tapes then apologize to that caller. From the movie, “Fat Chance.”
The second bolded commentary is of course in reference to the video I made, which I sent to him also.

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
This happened last hour. Read the description too.

Guy is a lying piece of dirt.
Ha ha that's great. He made the right move....guy was boring.
Wrong. When a caller brings up a player who Mike knows NOTHING about, he pretends he's preoccupied and therefore can't get to the question.

Fraud.
Yeah, he doesn't know him. Maybe he's just bored with hypothetical and idiotic Met trades. You're losing it with this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread