What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Goodson arrested (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
News 12 New Jersey reports Jets RB Mike Goodson was arrested for marijuana and weapons possession early Friday morning.
Goodson and a friend were allegedly "found intoxicated in an SUV" along a Denville, NJ highway. Goodson was reportedly so drunk that he had to be hospitalized, while his gun was loaded with hollow point bullets. Goodson was a passenger in the vehicle. The driver has been charged with DUI. Goodson is facing serious charges, perhaps even the kind that could imperil a reserve running back's roster spot. At the very least, he'll be facing a suspension if found guilty.

Rotoworld

EDISON - New York Jets running back Mike Goodson was taken into custody early this morning for drug possession and weapons charges, News 12 New Jersey confirmed Friday.

Sources say Goodson and a companion were found intoxicated in an SUV that was stopped along Route 80 in Denville.

Goodson was being taken to a hospital when authorities discovered marijuana in his possession. Officers searching the SUV also found a 45-caliber handgun loaded with hollow-point bullets.

Both Goodson and his companion, identified as Garret Evans, were taken to a hospital for an evaluation. They were then released to State Police custody and transported to the Netcong barracks.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/jets-rb-goodson-arrested-on-drug-weapons-offense-1.5282579

From wiki NJ gun law page: However, hollowpoint bullets may not be carried outside of a place of target practice, dwelling, premises or land possessed by a person, even if one has a valid permit to carry a handgun, except when being transported directly to and from these places. [3]

Don't know what the penalties are, but I would suspect being in that metro NY/CT area, their laws are likely to be fairly strict. Assuming he has a NJ carry permit, he may not be facing jail time, but with Ivory and Powell there, he's probably gone from the Jets.

And if Goodson does get released, I would suspect that they sign a FA RB -- and Bradshaw is one that could actually hurt Ivory's value.

From wiki NJ gun law page: However, hollowpoint bullets may not be carried outside of a place of target practice, dwelling, premises or land possessed by a person, even if one has a valid permit to carry a handgun, except when being transported directly to and from these places. [3]

Don't know what the penalties are, but I would suspect being in that metro NY/CT area, their laws are likely to be fairly strict. Assuming he has a NJ carry permit, he may not be facing jail time, but with Ivory and Powell there, he's probably gone from the Jets.
I can guarantee he doesn't have a carry permit. Friend of mine sent in her application for a gun permit in NJ about 7 months ago. They just STARTED processing it a month ago and made her redo the form because of a single typo. So no way did Good son have time to get a permit.

Ivory value is bumped up - just watch leagues that are drafting soon and I will guarantee his ADP will be higher.

Fantasy is a value game. 2 months ago some couldnt give Ivory away, now you cant give us enough for him.

A 25 yo RB with a bunch of talent on a team who is in love with him and is run heavy. Those are the players you acquire, not move.

Ivory will be at least a 3rd round pick come draft day in August.

I can guarantee he doesn't have a carry permit. Friend of mine sent in her application for a gun permit in NJ about 7 months ago. They just STARTED processing it a month ago and made her redo the form because of a single typo. So no way did Good son have time to get a permit.
Permit probably doesn't matter. Most places don't allow you to possess a firearm while in possession of narcotics.

Worried this brings Bradshaw into play here. I own him and Ivory in the same league.

but I think Goodson is sent home and some other vet comes in.

Worried this brings Bradshaw into play here. I own him and Ivory in the same league.

but I think Goodson is sent home and some other vet comes in.
A lot of teams won't touch Bradshaw because of his injury. I'm not so sure he's a threat to anyone.

OMG. This comment probably belongs in the FFA, but is that true? Hollow points are more safe than ball rounds! Less likely to overpenetrate!

I'm betting Goodson has enough $ for a decent attorney and to pay the driver to say it was his gun and not Goodson's.

OMG. This comment probably belongs in the FFA, but is that true? Hollow points are more safe than ball rounds! Less likely to overpenetrate!.
This is true. They are also more lethal to the perp which keeps your family safer. I suggest Hornady Critical Defense.

Hollow Points only allowed on the gun range? Who the hell target shoots with hollow points? Idiot politics like that is what NY/NJ is an area I will never have any desire to go to.

Hollow Points only allowed on the gun range? Who the hell target shoots with hollow points? Idiot politics like that is what NY/NJ is an area I will never have any desire to go to.

Unless you live at a gun range; they are allowed in other places besides the gun range.

Unless you live at a gun range; they are allowed in other places besides the gun range.
Ya except one of the main situations you would need them, on your person while being among a corrupt society.

I always feel a sense of guilt when I see a headline like this and I own his competition for carries (Powell and Ivory). But nobody was hurt here and this is just an arrest for being a ####### moron. So :confetti:

Ya except one of the main situations you would need them, on your person while being among a corrupt society.
Take it to the FFA. And learn to read, Charlton.

from Rotoworld:

According to the New Jersey State Police report, Mike Goodson was "incoherent, slobbering and had vomited all over himself as well as the interior of the vehicle" when he was arrested Friday morning.
As previously reported, Goodson was so drunk he had to be hospitalized. According to the report, police found a "baggie of marijuana in Goodson's pants pocket." The loaded gun was found elsewhere in the car. Goodson's attorney has insisted he'll be cleared of the gun charges. "We firmly believe the gun charge is not going to last against Mike." The gun allegations are far more serious than the drug charges.

Source: USA Today

from Rotoworld:

According to the New Jersey State Police report, Mike Goodson was "incoherent, slobbering and had vomited all over himself as well as the interior of the vehicle" when he was arrested Friday morning.
As previously reported, Goodson was so drunk he had to be hospitalized. According to the report, police found a "baggie of marijuana in Goodson's pants pocket." The loaded gun was found elsewhere in the car. Goodson's attorney has insisted he'll be cleared of the gun charges. "We firmly believe the gun charge is not going to last against Mike." The gun allegations are far more serious than the drug charges.

Source: USA Today
just wow

Rotoworld:

Jets RB Mike Goodson is being sued for child support and health insurance for his children.
He's being sued by a Houston woman demanding child support for four kids he fathered from 2005 to 2011. Although this won't affect him on the field or with the league office, Goodson is quickly becoming an unwanted distraction for a Jets team that already has its share of issues.

Source: ESPN New York

Rotoworld:

ESPN New York reports RB Mike Goodson's future with the Jets remains "up in the air."
Goodson is facing five charges after his May weapons and drugs arrest. His case is headed to a grand jury, but that process could take a few months. On the practice field, Goodson's explosiveness has reportedly been impressive. If he makes the team, expect him to be the change-of-pace to Chris Ivory.

Source: ESPN New York

Rotoworld:

The Newark Star-Ledger "gets the sense" that the grand jury in Mike Goodson's gun/drugs case won't decide whether to pursue charges before September.
That means Goodson could enter Week 1 without a suspension in hand, and likely put off any league-mandated punishment until 2014. ESPN New York considers Goodson's Jets status "up in the air," but most signs still point toward him reporting to camp as Chris Ivory's top backup.

Source: Conor Orr on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Jets coach Rex Ryan was noncommittal Friday when asked whether Mike Goodson's roster spot is secure.
Arrested on drug and weapons charges in May, Goodson proceeded to skip the start of training camp for undisclosed reasons. The Jets are counting on Goodson to play a large role, operating as the go-to third-down back and change of pace behind Chris Ivory. His future in New York appears totally up in the air.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread