What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Herman's articles on FBG.com (1 Viewer)

CommuterMan

Footballguy
Mike Herman if you read this - A big word of thanks for your hard work in compiling and putting together the articles that appear at FBG.com

BUT I don't get it.... :no:

I like the "Big Picture" article and will add that to my collection of drafting tools. The "Things Change Checklist" is informative but gives no real instruction as each FF fanatic will draw his/her own conclusions about players giving some of those checklist items more credibility than other items. But in the end will you ever know if that lead you to or away from a particular player???

"Life of a Stud" and even more so the "WR Matrix" are down right impossible for me to comprehend. I don't consider myself a novice by any means nor do I necessarily consider myself a shark. I do some rough projections each year and I have my rankings that I compare against the "pros". However, these two articles are beyond me - maybe because it's after midnight as I write this...

Did anyone else take the time to look over Mike's articles? What are your thoughts and comments. How did he determine that Steve Smith would be the #6 WR, KJ #51 and Colbert #74 in a "go-to-guy" offense, balanced play calling on an average offensive team? I see where the numbers come from on the Matrix, but I am not sure how you can line-up three WRs on a team and slot them all by using a matrix.

Again maybe I am not bright enough to see the logic here and I will go back to lurking on these boards and let some of your more knowledgable sharks have at the discussion...

Thanks, and Mike keep up the good work - even if folks like me don't always understand what you are doing. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Herman if you read this - A big word of thanks for your hard work in compiling and putting together the articles that appear at FBG.com

BUT I don't get it.... :no:

I like the "Big Picture" article and will add that to my collection of drafting tools. The "Things Change Checklist" is informative but gives no real instruction as each FF fanatic will draw his/her own conclusions about players giving some of those checklist items more credibility than other items. But in the end will you ever know if that lead you to or away from a particular player???

"Life of a Stud" and even more so the "WR Matrix" are down right impossible for me to comprehend. I don't consider myself a novice by any means nor do I necessarily consider myself a shark. I do some rough projections each year and I have my rankings that I compare against the "pros". However, these two articles are beyond me - maybe because it's after midnight as I write this...

Did anyone else take the time to look over Mike's articles? What are your thoughts and comments. How did he determine that Steve Smith would be the #6 WR, KJ #51 and Colbert #74 in a "go-to-guy" offense, balanced play calling on an average offensive team? I see where the numbers come from on the Matrix, but I am not sure how you can line-up three WRs on a team and slot them all by using a matrix.

Again maybe I am not bright enough to see the logic here and I will go back to lurking on these boards and let some of your more knowledgable sharks have at the discussion...

Thanks, and Mike keep up the good work - even if folks like me don't always understand what you are doing. :thumbup:
I think he's just putting out info. You have to look at stat projections as a pseudo science. There are certainly trends to individual players and trends to players' careers. How you take that info and put it to work in another question.At this point, many people know what ADPs look like and push good players up or down based on personal preference, position moves, etc.

Instead of just giving you a list of players in his order with his reasons for keeping players up or down (which is available elsewhere and from other FBGs), he gives you another few pieces of info that could help the guys who like doing it all themselves to gain a little more insight.

I particularly enjoyed looking at the life span of good WRs.

Users who are viewing this thread