What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Introducing Myself (1 Viewer)

@GregoryLKellogg

Footballguy
Been awhile so I thought I would reintroduce myself to the Shark Tank. My name is Greg Kellogg. I used to run a site (komments.com). I also used to write for several sites including this one.

In 2016 I stepped away from fantasy football. Then I started playing again in 2022. In 2023 I started doing a podcast.

I am retired so I have time and will be happy to get involved again though I will not be writing articles again. Now most of my thoughts are on X (Twitter - @GregoryLKellogg). If I can help anyone with anything reach out!

Welcome back. Just curious, why no more writing?
I’m 68 years old. When I was writing I did it from a statistical perspective which required a lot of research into past performances, trends and projections. I would take about four hours to write a single article.

I’m not interested in being paid for my work. So I opted to go the podcast route and just talk about what I see and think. Much easier and less time consuming. Plus doing a pod allows me to stay in touch with old friends.

I’m focused on the history of the hobby and individual’s paths in it right now. I really want to get Joe on to talk about how he went from the RSFF Usenet group to building FBG.

Been awhile so I thought I would reintroduce myself to the Shark Tank. My name is Greg Kellogg. I used to run a site (komments.com). I also used to write for several sites including this one.

In 2016 I stepped away from fantasy football. Then I started playing again in 2022. In 2023 I started doing a podcast.

I am retired so I have time and will be happy to get involved again though I will not be writing articles again. Now most of my thoughts are on X (Twitter - @GregoryLKellogg). If I can help anyone with anything reach out!
Welcome back.

One of your early articles, at least early for me, got me to really change the way I approached preparation for a fantasy draft and to take a much more analytical/practical approach. As I recall, it was called "Tiers of a Clown". For me at least it kind of lit that fuse that grew my obsession with the game and to look at various approaches to attacking a fantasy draft.

Welcome back.

One of your early articles, at least early for me, got me to really change the way I approached preparation for a fantasy draft and to take a much more analytical/practical approach. As I recall, it was called "Tiers of a Clown". For me at least it kind of lit that fuse that grew my obsession with the game and to look at various approaches to attacking a fantasy draft.
Thanks! I wish I had retained all those articles but especially my early podcasts with Gary Davenport on BTR. Would absolutely love to listen to our interview of Keenan Allen again!

Hey folks. Was just thinking that you might want to stop by my podcast tonight! I believe it starts before Cecil and Sigmund’s pod - we are starting at 7 PM ET. Would love to get feedback from everyone here. Go to X or YouTube and search for Thursday Checkdown - be as critical as you want. Cecil gave me a page and a half of notes to help me improve my show and I think Cecil and Sigmund are two of the best podcasters out there. In fact, if you’re a member of FBG, and you are not a regular viewer of The Audible podcast you are really missing out!

Hey folks. Was just thinking that you might want to stop by my podcast tonight! I believe it starts before Cecil and Sigmund’s pod - we are starting at 7 PM ET. Would love to get feedback from everyone here. Go to X or YouTube and search for Thursday Checkdown - be as critical as you want. Cecil gave me a page and a half of notes to help me improve my show and I think Cecil and Sigmund are two of the best podcasters out there. In fact, if you’re a member of FBG, and you are not a regular viewer of The Audible podcast you are really missing out!
@Joe Bryant already posted a link to that podcast I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread